Crown Prince Frederik, Current Events Part 8: August 2020 - June 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Niels Bohr's accomplishments was not just in regards to physics, but just as much in his approach as a teacher, with a very non-hierarchical interaction between professor and students. As well as his humor.
Back in the 30's it was very much the professor at the very top - with the students way down in the dust. No matter how talented they were. Niels Bohr listened to his students.

He had to flee DK in 1943, because he feared the Germans would abduct him and force him to work for them. He ended up in USA where he in some capacity worked for the Manhatten Project.

Thanks Muhler! And to think that 100 years later another Dane wins a Nobel Prize..this time in Chemistry. I wonder if M&F will attend the events in Sweden in December re the Nobel Prize.

Thanks Muhler! And to think that 100 years later another Dane wins a Nobel Prize..this time in Chemistry. I wonder if M&F will attend the events in Sweden in December re the Nobel Prize.

We may hope so!

I certainly expect the Nobel Prize winner to be invited to an audience with the Monarch. That happened with the first danish astronaut. He is incidentally a very likable person and most interesting to listen to, so I'm sure QMII enjoyed the experience.

Normally you request an audience with the Monarch.
But it happens that the Monarch invite you to an audience. It's a rare thing and considered a big honor.

We may hope so!

I certainly expect the Nobel Prize winner to be invited to an audience with the Monarch. That happened with the first danish astronaut. He is incidentally a very likable person and most interesting to listen to, so I'm sure QMII enjoyed the experience.

Normally you request an audience with the Monarch.
But it happens that the Monarch invite you to an audience. It's a rare thing and considered a big honor.

Fingers crossed they attend! I would have thought such an accomplishment would have garnered a congratulatory post on the DRF social media (like other RF's do). There was also just a huge Danish accomplishment in tennis as well that I thought would have garnered a post.

Fingers crossed they attend! I would have thought such an accomplishment would have garnered a congratulatory post on the DRF social media (like other RF's do). There was also just a huge Danish accomplishment in tennis as well that I thought would have garnered a post.

That's Holger!

Isabella's idol.

I remember a couple of years ago, Isabella appeared in the background of an event (I think it was a Frederik) in the Danish club she and her Holger attended.
There was admiration in Isabella's eyes. Whether it was for Holger the Hunk, or Holger the Tennis Player is open to speculation.

That's Holger!

Isabella's idol.

I remember a couple of years ago, Isabella appeared in the background of an event (I think it was a Frederik) in the Danish club she and her Holger attended.
There was admiration in Isabella's eyes. Whether it was for Holger the Hunk, or Holger the Tennis Player is open to speculation.

Oh I remember those photos! She was quite star struck! And he beat Djokovic to boot! I heard he is the first Danish player in the top 10? I think that deserved a shout out from at least Frederik on DRF social media. I always think it is a nice touch when the RFs do that..to me it shows that they are in tune with what their countrymen/women are doing and join in celebrating a milestone or accomplishment. Just like on the opposite side of the coin when a RF sends out condolences to other heads of state when a tragedy happens. It again shows that the monarch/RF is not living in some bubble and is aware of world events and provides support to a fellow Head of State or country they've visited or have ties with. It is just good optics as well. Hope the DRF start doing that soon.

Last edited:
"There is hectic activity in the research park DTU Science Park these days, with 20 hardware startups participating in a tailored growth course called the Danish Tech Challenge. His Royal Highness the Crown Prince visited the participants today, who are working on finding investors and securing patents as well as developing marketing strategies for their new products and solutions. Since the Industry Fund in collaboration with DTU Science Park for the first time in 2014, the Crown Prince has participated in the annual award ceremony of the Industry Fund Entrepreneur Award."

https://www.instagram.com/p/ClB6EwFj0yn/

"There is hectic activity in the research park DTU Science Park these days, with 20 hardware startups participating in a tailored growth course called the Danish Tech Challenge. His Royal Highness the Crown Prince visited the participants today, who are working on finding investors and securing patents as well as developing marketing strategies for their new products and solutions. Since the Industry Fund in collaboration with DTU Science Park for the first time in 2014, the Crown Prince has participated in the annual award ceremony of the Industry Fund Entrepreneur Award."

https://www.instagram.com/p/ClB6EwFj0yn/

another event not on his calendar that should have been. :ermm::sad: I just think it is deliberate at this point. So, it is not on his calendar as an official engagement yet photos are posted on the official DRF social media. Makes no sense. I give up. Just like visiting the national team should have been on his calendar, even if after the fact. Like I said, it just feels deliberate. (same goes for Mary btw). And no, I am not wearing a tin hat...I am simply seeing a pattern re M&F here.

Last edited:
Yes, it's pretty self-evident that they have meetings, briefings, go to seminars, meet people of interest, visit their protections, go fact finding etc.
And a lot of that is probably more profitable on a day to day basis if there is no press around - but at least write about it afterwards!

I'm more than certain that the DRF would get an even larger and more interested following if they covered their day to day activities like it was a blog. It would also give them a considerable control over information and news.

Just like the horse-less carriages the Internet is not just a passing craze. ;)

Yes, it's pretty self-evident that they have meetings, briefings, go to seminars, meet people of interest, visit their protections, go fact finding etc.
And a lot of that is probably more profitable on a day to day basis if there is no press around - but at least write about it afterwards!

I'm more than certain that the DRF would get an even larger and more interested following if they covered their day to day activities like it was a blog. It would also give them a considerable control over information and news.

Just like the horse-less carriages the Internet is not just a passing craze. ;)

A blog is a good idea. Maybe even a summary of their activities on a weekly basis if that is easier. Even if no press is present, the DRF social media could still take a photo to post and include it on the calendar. Or use the DRF website pages for Frederik and Mary to have a running blog of their activities. They do not use any of their social media tools to their full potential...especially YouTube! Please see how the Spanish RF use their YouTube channel as an example and how RF's use Twitter.

M&F are out there doing the heavy lifting and you would not know it by how their events/activities/duties are covered. But then again, that may be why their events are not properly covered and reported out...optics. :whistling:

:previous: Because, alas, the dust has settled deep on the PR office.
Whether it's because the office is not allowed to use it's full potential or whether it's down to lethargy is anyone's guess.
Personally I think it's down to what we in DK call "vanetænkning" = something like habitual-mindset.
Or what we in Jutland and in dialect (it emphasize the statement) say: "Sån har vi ållti' gawn her å æ sted" = We've always done it like that in this here place.

And I think M&F haven't got the heart or the authority to carry out the necessary changes and reforms, both in regards to the staff and how to approach things in a more modern manner.

The DRF press office has gone from being pretty good back in 2010 to now being old fashioned and in dire need of a serious update.

:previous: Because, alas, the dust has settled deep on the PR office.
Whether it's because the office is not allowed to use it's full potential or whether it's down to lethargy is anyone's guess.
Personally I think it's down to what we in DK call "vanetænkning" = something like habitual-mindset.
Or what we in Jutland and in dialect (it emphasize the statement) say: "Sån har vi ållti' gawn her å æ sted" = We've always done it like that in this here place.

And I think M&F haven't got the heart or the authority to carry out the necessary changes and reforms, both in regards to the staff and how to approach things in a more modern manner.

The DRF press office has gone from being pretty good back in 2010 to now being old fashioned and in dire need of a serious update.

Not only has dust settled, the dust is now covered in cobwebs! And that is a horrible mindset to have if your plan is to stay relevant and relatable to the population of people you actually need to have so that the DRF does not lag behind all other RFs (which they are in that danger zone now). They are not reading the room as to who their core audience needs to be in 2022 and the moving forward....plus they are not being media savvy at all. Sorry, what worked even 10 years ago, does not work now and they are not maximizing their exposure. M&F's issues/causes and their related work needs more exposure via all the media avenues in use today that reach the majority of people.

At this point, the reluctance to make the needed changes are hurting M&F the most. They are the face of the DRF and it is their faces and work/activities we need to see. They are the ones engaged in the relevant issues of today that people care about. They are the ones engaging with young people. They are the ones doing the heavy lifting. And it is the Crown Prince family that are the one with the star power. So they should be covered accordingly. They need better PR people that know how to work in the social media age...optics, branding, crisis management, media relations...all of that is very important when how you are viewed in the media is crucial to getting your message out. And I will be crucified for saying this but the optics of the handsome, in-their-prime, active couple with the charming kids sells and is what should be capitalized on.

M&F are out there doing the heavy lifting and you would not know it by how their events/activities/duties are covered. But then again, that may be why their events are not properly covered and reported out...optics. :whistling:

Or security, perhaps, or if less-likely Mary and more-likely Frederik does not show up to something, it won't be a big deal. Or Fred and Mary have requested that fewer of their engagements make it into the press. There could actually be a number of reasons other the one you permanently seem to have in mind.

Or security, perhaps, or if less-likely Mary and more-likely Frederik does not show up to something, it won't be a big deal. Or Fred and Mary have requested that fewer of their engagements make it into the press. There could actually be a number of reasons other the one you permanently seem to have in mind.

Security - a meeting of the CP Mary Center advisory committee at Amalienborg, Frederik visiting the Men's football team, Mary attending a WWF presidency meeting as President, Frederik visiting DTU today would not seem to carry any security concerns.

Mary/Frederik not showing up to something - I find it hard to believe they would bail on an engagement for no reason. So I don't quite understand this reasoning tbh.

Requesting reporting on fewer engagements - why would they do that? It seems quite counterproductive imo. Would they not want the organizations, patronages they visit to receive attention for example.

I will continue to stand by my opinion for now.

Something we don't hear about everyday. It looks like Frederik gave a mini audience. Frederik is patron of Trap Denmark, and it looks like the boy wasn't able to attend the reception a few months ago.

https://content.invisioncic.com/r38...humb.jpg.13bcad55c547827a3c10a8c25011a3de.jpg
"Noah is eagerly awaiting his meeting today with Crown Prince Frederik, to whom he will present a small tupilak from Greenland and from the Trap family's collection. He did not make it to the reception for the book Trap Denmark's 6th publication, "Trap Grønland" in November at the University of Copenhagen. A book of which Crown Prince Frederik is the patron. Mom is proud"

Found on Facebook. Very nice that Frederik scheduled a meeting. :flowers:

Last edited by a moderator:
Eml

Great pictures. H e looks really relaxed. Haven’t seen much of CP Mary since the beginning of the year

Frederik congratulates the Men's handball team. And I guess he will travel to Sweden for the final?
"Like this
Big congratulations to the men's national team in handball with the victory over Spain and another WC final place.
See you in Stockholm on Sunday
✍ HRH The Crown Prince."
https://www.instagram.com/p/Cn7fBs_jf0g/

Disappointing that he couldn't be bothered to offer our women's national team his presence at their final in November last year.

^^ I'm sure he couldn't attend because he works so hard...

Crown Prince Frederik is in Stockholm this evening, attending the World Men's Handball Championship - Denmark vs France:

** instagram post **

Last edited:
The Skills 2023 just sounds like a great competition and organization. Encouraging for the youth
https://www.instagram.com/p/CoKYS57DWT0/?hl=da

more about it
https://skillsdenmark.dk/dm-i-skills/

large gallery
https://www.flickr.com/photos/skillsdenmark/albums/72177720305725603

Frederik's second event today, the opening of the exhibition "Royal Ship Dannebrog". Was also attended by Ingolf and Sussie.
photos and video
https://jv.dk/kultur/se-billeder-og...abnede-ny-udstilling-om-kongeskibet-dannebrog

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom