Crown Prince Frederik, Current Events Part 8: August 2020 - June 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It was the owner of Jysk (Perhaps you know the company?) Lars Larsen, who got this golf tournament started with the help from Frederik. It's good to see the tournament is still alive after the death of Lars Larsen.

Mary incidentally is a keen golfer, but I don't know where she is playing. Where ever it is and with whom, they are certainly keeping it very discreet.

It was the owner of Jysk (Perhaps you know the company?) Lars Larsen, who got this golf tournament started with the help from Frederik. It's good to see the tournament is still alive after the death of Lars Larsen.

Mary incidentally is a keen golfer, but I don't know where she is playing. Where ever it is and with whom, they are certainly keeping it very discreet.

I didn't know that Frederik helped to start the Pro-Am.

Post by the KidsAidDK charity re today's Pro-Am: https://www.instagram.com/p/Ch7xwRYM05z/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

Last edited:
Eml

Looking good, Busy day!

Frederik's last event on 9/5 (his 5th event of the day) was to attend a gala dinner on the occasion of Vietnam's National Day.

Sadly, the DRF social media did not deem it worthy enough to post any photos of the event. Therefore, BB has posted nothing of event either. Too bad they could not find time to acknowledge this engagement especially given the fact that in a few weeks Mary and Frederik are heading a business delegation to Vietnam. A visit that will also mark the 50th anniversary of the conclusion of diplomatic relations between Denmark and Vietnam. Fingers crossed that by then there will be time to cover THEIR visit. They should take a page out of the social media of the Netherlands Royal Family and how they are covering Queen Maxima's visit to the US so far. But then again, it seems that the Netherlands Royal Court has modernized how their social media works...no dust settling there!

Last edited:
Agree.

It's simply not good enough in this day and age.
The DRF cannot blame the press. They have to have some material to work on.
(The Foreign Ministry has been sleeping as well...)

If the DRF wish to stay relevant and paint an image of being serious, they have to feed the public with what they are up to. Continuously.
Not least in regards to Frederik, who to this day still struggle with an image of not taking on heavy and serious duties. Instead he is, in the eyes of too many, a sports-prince and not an intellectual match compared to his mother and wife.
He is actually doing a lot of heavy stuff, both in regards to promoting Danish commerce, innovation and the climate. But it doesn't gt much attention.

And then it doesn't actually help if the DRF's press office is silent.

The dust is indeed finger-deep in the DRF press office and that's very much a leadership issue.
QMII, Frederik - and considering her influence Mary as well, needs to start implementing some serious PR reforms. Preferably yesterday.

Agree.

It's simply not good enough in this day and age.
The DRF cannot blame the press. They have to have some material to work on.
(The Foreign Ministry has been sleeping as well...)

If the DRF wish to stay relevant and paint an image of being serious, they have to feed the public with what they are up to. Continuously.
Not least in regards to Frederik, who to this day still struggle with an image of not taking on heavy and serious duties. Instead he is, in the eyes of too many, a sports-prince and not an intellectual match compared to his mother and wife.
He is actually doing a lot of heavy stuff, both in regards to promoting Danish commerce, innovation and the climate. But it doesn't gt much attention.

And then it doesn't actually help if the DRF's press office is silent.

The dust is indeed finger-deep in the DRF press office and that's very much a leadership issue.
QMII, Frederik - and considering her influence Mary as well, needs to start implementing some serious PR reforms. Preferably yesterday.

Exactly!

The branding they have shackled Frederik with is so misleading. He is more than JUST sports! But that is all that seems to be given attention. Meanwhile all his events re crucial issues get ignored! Are they deliberately downplaying his intellect and involvement in the important issues of the day? Because it sure is starting to look that way. In fact, I will go as far as to say that coverage of Mary's work has also been toned down, if that makes sense. Maybe it has been determined that their relevant work (on the same level as other CPC's and more importantly, other regent couples) needs to be downplayed. This extends to some of their events not even making it onto the official calendar!! And as an example, the coverage of their very important and jampacked trip to the Netherlands was abysmal. They need to better use their Instagram account. They have a YouTube channel that could be much better utilized. For example, if Frederik or Mary are giving a speech...don't post the transcript on the website (no one is going to take the time to read that). Tape it and put it up on the YouTube Channel (WITH SUBTITLES). Also, get a Twitter account and post about a given event there and then link to the IG and/or YouTube account for video or photos! If you want to get the attention of the younger generation you have to use these tools or you will go extinct! They should have used the YouTube Channel to promote the upcoming trip to the UNGA. A short video by M&F linked to a Twitter account would have gotten engagement! This is NOT rocket science!! And these social media platforms are FREE!!! Putting out a press release is not going to cut it going forward! They also need a PR Manager skilled in current branding, crisis management and social media engagement and monitoring! The image of the DRF rests squarely on the shoulders for M&F and their family....so it is long past time they take charge of certain things and that includes handling PR. They are the face of the DRF for many people IMO (especially the ones they will need support from to remain relevant) and again IMO they are lagging behind other royal families in engagement via PR, branding and social media.

And to the point of the press office....IMO Frederik AND Mary (who must be gnashing her teeth given her extensive experience in advertising/marketing) may be almost desperate to implement much needed changes but are not being allowed to for fear of overstepping OR some don't see the need to change how things have been done for too many years therefore approvals are not being given to upgrade procedures.

Yesterday, a virtual speech
"Honoured to see HRH Crown Prince Frederik of Denmark having a speech virtually at the
@wkforumopening ceremony today. Thank you for a great speech keeping the focus on #climatechange #greenenergy and #sustainability Glad that Denmark is doing our role in #globalcooperation"

And looking at the press coverage here in DK, you'd be forgiven for thinking this never happened.

And looking at the press coverage here in DK, you'd be forgiven for thinking this never happened.

Hardly surprising, considering the DRF has completely ignored the speech/the event...Not on the calendar, nothing. Not the first time.

Ridiculous. I don't want to ever read anything in the DK press about how Frederik is only about sports and is not involved in serious subjects blah blah...he IS...THEY just refuse to report on it!

He is having a full day of events at the UN today, including being part of the Danish delegation at the opening of the General Debate! He was at the UN Secretary General's welcome reception this morning. It people think Frederik is a lightweight and vapid...it is the press that's at fault...and tbh the DRF social media as well given the do not cover his events (or Mary's for that matter) properly and how they deserve to be covered! If I spoke Danish I would be on a plane right now to help them fix this issue...a couple of hours and a little common sense should do it!

Ridiculous. I don't want to ever read anything in the DK press about how Frederik is only about sports and is not involved in serious subjects blah blah...he IS...THEY just refuse to report on it!

He is having a full day of events at the UN today, including being part of the Danish delegation at the opening of the General Debate! He was at the UN Secretary General's welcome reception this morning. It people think Frederik is a lightweight and vapid...it is the press that's at fault...and tbh the DRF social media as well given the do not cover his events (or Mary's for that matter) properly and how they deserve to be covered! If I spoke Danish I would be on a plane right now to help them fix this issue...a couple of hours and a little common sense should do it!

No need to speak Danish. Some good shouting would help. ?

We have discussed this before. The PR department within the DRF sure has got complacent in recent years! To a stage where it's pretty bad by now.

We cannot change the perception of Frederik being the "sports-Prince" only, (which is a popular image BTW) when the court hardly bother mention it.
Considering that many get their news from what up on the social media that day, and reading the headlines or reading a tabloid, it's hardly surprising that many do consider him to be a big of a lightweight in regards to his work and not being particularly serious.
Instead of being considered Mary's intellectual partner, which I believe he is, he is by quite a lot considered Mary's intellectual inferior. It doesn't help that he isn't very good at expressing himself.
But is sure doesn't help at all, if all the very serious work he does, hardly gets mentioned on the DRF webpage!

The dust is settling on the DRF court and employees after a period where they actually did a pretty good job. Lethargy has set in I fear.

No need to speak Danish. Some good shouting would help. ?

We have discussed this before. The PR department within the DRF sure has got complacent in recent years! To a stage where it's pretty bad by now.

We cannot change the perception of Frederik being the "sports-Prince" only, (which is a popular image BTW) when the court hardly bother mention it.
Considering that many get their news from what up on the social media that day, and reading the headlines or reading a tabloid, it's hardly surprising that many do consider him to be a big of a lightweight in regards to his work and not being particularly serious.
Instead of being considered Mary's intellectual partner, which I believe he is, he is by quite a lot considered Mary's intellectual inferior. It doesn't help that he isn't very good at expressing himself.
But is sure doesn't help at all, if all the very serious work he does, hardly gets mentioned on the DRF webpage!

The dust is settling on the DRF court and employees after a period where they actually did a pretty good job. Lethargy has set in I fear.

He is not Mary's inferior at all. He is very intelligent and well-verse and well-informed on the issues he's chosen to focus on. It is such a discredit to him and the DRF that his serious events get no attention. I just wish I knew why that is. And to an extent sometimes Mary's events also do not get as much coverage as they should. So again, I ask why is that? Is it optics? Is it hierarchy? Deference? All of the above?

And I agree - The PR/Comm Department needs updating, revising and modernizing. But maybe they think this is the way it has been done for years so why change it or some won't approve any changes...but well, they need tweaking. They have tools at their disposal that are not rocket science and they are not being used to their full potential. I will say if the head refuses to see thing differently sometimes other parts of the body need to take over the processes.

Things go extinct when they don't adapt to changing environment and climate.

Case in Point: Queen Letizia is also in NYC attending various meetings - the Spanish Royal Family channel has posted 4 videos of her visits already. The DRF ALSO has a YouTube channel...why is it not being used to its full potential? Why aren't videos of Frederik's events today being posted? Does he not have someone from the Comm Office traveling with him to take care of social media content re his events there? If he does, the need to be replaced because they obviously had zero concept of how to do proper PR. Sorry but given part of my education background is in Organizational Leadership...this type of stuff drives me bonkers and makes my teeth hurt!! I cannot believe that with Mary's experience in advertising that she is not aware of all these tools and how they work and how PR is supposed to be done to get your message/brand across!!

Last edited:
Frederik's last event on 9/5 (his 5th event of the day) was to attend a gala dinner on the occasion of Vietnam's National Day.

Sadly, the DRF social media did not deem it worthy enough to post any photos of the event. Therefore, BB has posted nothing of event either. Too bad they could not find time to acknowledge this engagement especially given the fact that in a few weeks Mary and Frederik are heading a business delegation to Vietnam. A visit that will also mark the 50th anniversary of the conclusion of diplomatic relations between Denmark and Vietnam. Fingers crossed that by then there will be time to cover THEIR visit. They should take a page out of the social media of the Netherlands Royal Family and how they are covering Queen Maxima's visit to the US so far. But then again, it seems that the Netherlands Royal Court has modernized how their social media works...no dust settling there!

We got one ;) In the voice of Vietnam
https://vovworld.vn/en-US/news/danish-crown-prince-congratulates-vietnam-on-national-day-1132543.vov

Well, better than nothing. Hard to believe the DRF completely ignored this event given that M&F will be making a trip there on 11/1-11/2. And given that it is the only trip the DRF announced amongst a slew of every other royal family doing State Visits and official visits in October and November (7 state visits for other royal families) I would think they'd want to promote anything related to the Vietnam visit.

This morning, October 27, Crown Prince Frederik made another school visit under the auspices of the Foundation for Entrepreneurship, this time to the Vibenshus School in Copenhagen. He visited a school class working with the Project Edison, a project the Foundation for Entrepreneurship supports.

The press though was mainly interested to hear what Frederik thought about the title drama..

** BB article: Efter svær tid i kongehuset: Nu taler kronprins Frederik om prins Joachim for første gang **

Photos provided by the Palace:

** kongehuset gallery **

Last edited:
TBF the press were always going to be more interested in what Fred said about the Joachim situation, especially after so long a wait.

In his element.
https://imgix.billedbladet.dk/2022-...1&auto=format&fit=min&fp-x=0.5&fp-y=0.5&w=689

a great support for youth and Entrepreneurship
https://www.billedbladet.dk/kongeli...rins-frederik-fik-den-skoenneste-overraskelse

He looks great
https://imgix.billedbladet.dk/2022-...t=crop&crop=faces,entropy&ar=3:1.7&q=75&w=689
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FgE3uJdX0AIaBtn?format=jpg

From the foundation
"I'm never washing my hands again! ”?
This is how a pupil erupted when H.K.H. Crown Prince visited a group of entrepreneurs Projekt Edison students from Vibenhus School in Copenhagen today.
After high-fiving his way through the many happy students outside the school, H.K.H Crown Prince entered a classroom for a group 6. classes. Here they took turns showing their ideas on how we create the cities of the future.
H.K.H Crown Prince got an insight into the students' good ideas, which, among other things, were about better and easier waste sorting and an app to be able to search for premises from closed shop premises for meetings and conferences.
The ideas are part of our nationwide invention competition Project Edison with the theme 'Cities of the Future', where more than 13.000 students in 6. and 7. class goes through a fun and different course of learning with room for idea development and creativity, which eventually culminates in students showcasing their idea in front of businessmen, entrepreneurs and other volunteers.
Our director Christian Vintergaard also took part in the visit. He is happy about the great support from H.K.H. Crown Prince to the work to provide entrepreneurship education to children and young people.

https://scontent-lax3-2.xx.fbcdn.ne...UWo96kLU7Z4dciawHunJtjcJOymWfVA-g&oe=635FB95F

Last edited by a moderator:
The event is a footnote in 7 articles from BB. But what can you expect...Mary and Frederik are the ones having to face the microphones at their events.

Frederik looks like he at least enjoyed visiting with the kids and the organization actually focused on what the event was about.

Niels Bohr's accomplishments was not just in regards to physics, but just as much in his approach as a teacher, with a very non-hierarchical interaction between professor and students. As well as his humor.
Back in the 30's it was very much the professor at the very top - with the students way down in the dust. No matter how talented they were. Niels Bohr listened to his students.

He had to flee DK in 1943, because he feared the Germans would abduct him and force him to work for them. He ended up in USA where he in some capacity worked for the Manhatten Project.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom