Crown Prince Frederik and Sailing Competitions: 2003 - 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OMG! When and WHY was Mary in the US? I missed it? :(

BurberryBrit said:
OMG! When and WHY was Mary in the US? I missed it? :(

When Fred was competing in the yacht racing.

It was but a few weeks back BurberryBrit :flowers:

Yea, I hope so. I wonder if Mary will feel well enough to be out on the yacht. And I wonder if they will bring Christian. It would be so cute to see pictures of Mary and Christian out on the beach!!! I can just see him with a little red pail and little blue shovel, a little sun hat. Awwww.....so cute......melt....

The link you gave shows that Frederik will be there.
But how do you know that Mary and Christian will be there too?
Have I missed something?:unsure:

Maybe they will not go because of her pregnancy is a bit risky to do such a long trip by plane!

Don't you think that Prince Frederik should't be called "HRH Prins Frederik"?How about Frederick and then is surname???? It was more logical this way, this is a Nautical Competition not an oficial event!

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, but his official name is HRH Crown Prince Frederik to Denmark. Few royals, besides the Brits, use their surnames often. He doesn't get any favoritism, or anything else, it's just his name,

His official name is HRH Crown Prince but his real name is not that, so I think that in this situation he should be named Frederick and surnames after!!!

biboquinhas said:
His official name is HRH Crown Prince but his real name is not that, so I think that in this situation he should be named Frederick and surnames after!!!

I think his surname is Glúcksburg...

The Crown Prince to Florida

"Frederik and Mary on the way to sun and summer
When the New Year courts are done by the first week of January, Crown Prince Frederik will be going to the island Key West in the southern Florida to compete in the American Yachting Magazines 20th regatta, Acura Key West 2007. If it ends up like the last time, the Crown Prince competed with the Farr 40-boat “Nanoq” in the US, Crown Princess Mary and little Prince Christian followed in the wake of him, because Frederik would have a hard time if he was to do without his pregnant wife and young son for more than a week, and Mary would probably not be too sad to get away from the Danish winter. Even though Crown Princess Mary will be in the sixth month of her pregnancy in the middle of January, she will be able to travel to the US with Prince Christian."

Source: Her and Nu, 52

BurberryBrit said:
The Crown Prince to Florida

"Frederik and Mary on the way to sun and summer
When the New Year courts are done by the first week of January, Crown Prince Frederik will be going to the island Key West in the southern Florida to compete in the American Yachting Magazines 20th regatta, Acura Key West 2007. If it ends up like the last time, the Crown Prince competed with the Farr 40-boat “Nanoq” in the US, Crown Princess Mary and little Prince Christian followed in the wake of him, because Frederik would have a hard time if he was to do without his pregnant wife and young son for more than a week, and Mary would probably not be too sad to get away from the Danish winter. Even though Crown Princess Mary will be in the sixth month of her pregnancy in the middle of January, she will be able to travel to the US with Prince Christian."

Source: Her and Nu, 52

Cool! Hope we get some lovely pictures of them...especially little Christian!

I think Mary miss the good Australian weather, that's why she is always hoping for a good and shinny sun!

This is good news! I wonder if there will be any pictures of them here. When exactly are they going to be in Florida?

Kelly said:
This is good news! I wonder if there will be any pictures of them here. When exactly are they going to be in Florida?

The Crown Prince will be in the Keys for the Acura Key West Regatta.

As of now, there is no confirmation from Per Thornit, or anyone else from the Palace, that the Crown Princess and Prince Christian will accompany him to the Keys.

More information can be found here: http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f32/crown-prince-frederik-current-events-part-2-a-9177-5.html

H.M. Margrethe said:
I think his surname is Glúcksburg...

I may be wrong, but I don't think he has a surname. Schleswig-Holstein-Sonderburg-Glücksburg is the name of the Royal House. (i believe)

GömdNatt said:
I may be wrong, but I don't think he has a surname. Schleswig-Holstein-Sonderburg-Glücksburg is the name of the Royal House. (i believe)

Since the royal house's name is so long, I think that they only use Glücksburg on a daily basis, because of convenience. I think they sometimes use Glücksburg when they want to be "incognito" sort of speak. I.e. I believe that the Norwegian royal family doesn't use Glücksburg, but that Haakon sometimes have used Haraldsen as a "sir name" (quite logical since it was his mother's maiden name and also, he's the son of Harald) for anonymity. I would think that the Danish royal family would do similar things.

I think it was more reasonable for them to stay at home because long time fligths is not good for the Princess and a bit of rest at home it will be OK for her!

well he is having a good time sailing!!!

If it wasn't so funny it might be embarrassing.
I guess it just goes to prove that Royals have to pee like the rest of us. :)

Her_Majesty said:
Oh dear, Frederik!
How embarrassing is that? :lol: :wacko: :
Frederik strålte i USA - Kongelige - Forsiden - www.seher.no

ROTFL

To my knowledge seher.no is a cheap norwegian tabloid. There are other royal sailors. One of them is the norwegian king. King Harald isn't the only royal sailor. Probably this royals have learned sailing in their sleep. Maybe this prestigious paper could do a poll what this other royals would do if they felt a similar urgent need.

1.) be royal as royals could be - ask the crew to bring him back into the harbor so he could visit a restroom - probably the crew would never sail with him again.

2.) be somewhat a classy royal - use a plastic urinal - the pictures, the pictures!

3.) be a little skunk - wed the pants and the legs - nice smell for the crew and for wifey to hug hubby.

4.) be a baby - use diapers for adults - no further comment.

5.) be a member of the crew - do what CP Frederik did - you know what you get.

Sorry - couldn't resist!

The continueing story about the above pictures, according to Expressen (I belive they are quoting an offline Ekstrabladet article) Billedbladet was offered the pictures as part of a package but they refused to publish them. The editor of BB says to EB that she did not want to sell the pictures in denmark because they were to intimate.
- We did not order this kind of pictures, they were part of a package. Instead the pictures were offered on the international market and norwegian Se og HØr and German Bild bought the rights, the term was that they were not allowed to be pulished in Denmark. Still Danish Se og Hør has gotten promission from Norwegian Se og Hør to publish a part of their article with the pic on their cover, and giving the credit to Norwegian se og hør and thus going around the term.
EXPRESSEN.SE/Kvällsposten: Kronprinsen dolde ingenting

Danish se og hør with their article and picture credit to Norwegian se og hør
..::: SE og HØR | www.seoghoer.dk :::..
http://emagcontenta.aller.dk/pics/T_8899.jpg

According to this TV2 article (in Danish), grocer Ole Engedal from the small town of Stoholm in Jutland has removed this week’s edition of the Danish tabloid “Se & Hør”. Mr. Engedal feels that the tabloid has crossed a line and directs the following criticism towards the editor-in-chief of the tabloid, Mr. Henrik Qvortrup: “I don’t understand how he can allow something like this to be published”. Mr Qvortrup has replied that the pictures were taken at open sea in connection with a public competition, and that it ought to be up to the readers, not the Jutlandic grocer, to decide whether they want to boycott the tabloid or not.

/Lasse Pedersen

Photos and an article and another here as well as here about Frederik and the 100th Anniversary celebration of Skagen Harbor.

These people have several photos and a brief summary of Frederik in Hankø, Norway for the Farr 40 Nordic Championship (a sailing event.) on 11 July 2007.
:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom