Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary visit to Vietnam: 1-2 November 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

eya

Imperial Majesty
City
-
Country
Greece
"From the 1-2. November 2022, D.K.H. The Crown Prince and Crown Princess visit to Vietnam to head a major Danish business delegation.
At the beginning of November, Vietnam's capital Hanoi forms the framework for a green business promotion in the populous country, where the visitor program has a special focus on wind energy and energy efficiency.

The Crown Prince and Crown Princess will lead a business delegation that, together with Your Royal Highnesses, will participate in seminars and debates on the green transition together with Vietnamese business leaders and government representatives.

The Crown Prince Couple's official visit to Vietnam also marks 50 years since Denmark and Vietnam entered into diplomatic relations."

https://www.kongehuset.dk/nyheder/kronprinsparret-paa-erhvervsfremstoed-i-vietnam

In as sense this will be a follow up on the State Visit they took part in some 10-15 years ago - time flies!

Vietnam is one of quiet but growing and busy markets. They are for many reasons also opposing China and may be an interesting alternative in regards to manufacturing products there. A thing Vietnam is most interested in getting a solid part of!

Vietnam at least was, I'm not sure how it is now, a pretty difficult market to gain a foothold in. DK succeeded all those years ago, and now M&F will help cementing that business relationship.

In as sense this will be a follow up on the State Visit they took part in some 10-15 years ago - time flies!

Vietnam is one of quiet but growing and busy markets. They are for many reasons also opposing China and may be an interesting alternative in regards to manufacturing products there. A thing Vietnam is most interested in getting a solid part of!

Vietnam at least was, I'm not sure how it is now, a pretty difficult market to gain a foothold in. DK succeeded all those years ago, and now M&F will help cementing that business relationship.

Was not expecting another business promotion trip this year. But pleasantly surprised. Per BB: https://www.billedbladet.dk/kongeli...ederik-og-mary-rejser-i-prins-henriks-fodspor - This appears to be a rescheduled trip from one that was supposed to take place in 2021 but was postponed due to Covid.

I remember the state visit from I believe 2009. The preparation for and execution of the trip was featured in the Indefra Kongehuset (I may have spelled that totally wrong) documentary.

Correct.

It was a very interesting docu.

It was also training and learning on the job for M&F, because AFAIA it was the first state visit M&F went on together with QMII and PH.

Correct.

It was a very interesting docu.

It was also training and learning on the job for M&F, because AFAIA it was the first state visit M&F went on together with QMII and PH.

It was a very interesting documentary. I am glad I found it on DR with the ability to add English subtitles!

I think this was their first big state visit. They had visited Greenland and Faroe Islands previously but it was not a state visit. Did they not visit Greenland shortly after they married with QMII and PH?

It was a very interesting documentary. I am glad I found it on DR with the ability to add English subtitles!

I think this was their first big state visit. They had visited Greenland and Faroe Islands previously but it was not a state visit. Did they not visit Greenland shortly after they married with QMII and PH?

They certainly visited Greenland shortly after their marriage. I can't remember off hand whether they went with QMII and PH.

They certainly visited Greenland shortly after their marriage. I can't remember off hand whether they went with QMII and PH.

They did. It was the four of them for at least part of the trip. I recall seeing videos. You could tell Mary was literally learning on the job by observing and gentle guidance by Frederik. I think it was in one of the videos that someone in the comments section IIRC translated a gentleman saying that they didn't know Mary, but they knew Frederik and if he loved her, they loved her.

They did. It was the four of them for at least part of the trip. I recall seeing videos. You could tell Mary was literally learning on the job by observing and gentle guidance by Frederik. I think it was in one of the videos that someone in the comments section IIRC translated a gentleman saying that they didn't know Mary, but they knew Frederik and if he loved her, they loved her.

That's correct. I clearly remember that quote. Very sweet - and it said quite a lot about Frederik as well.

A very busy trip for the Crown Prince Couple. A third day has been added for Frederik.

TUESDAY NOVEMBER 1

7.45- The Crown Prince couple visit Ho Chi Minh's Mausoleum
8:00- The Crown Prince couple are officially received by Vietnam's Vice President H.E. Vo Thi Ánh Xuân
8.45- The Crown Prince couple pay a courtesy visit to Vietnam's President H.E. Nguyen Xuan Phuc
9.45- The Crown Prince couple participate in the opening of the Danish Vietnamese business conference
11.00-H.K.H. The Crown Prince participates in the opening of the wind energy conference
11.00-H.K.H. The Crown Princess gives an opening speech at the energy efficiency conference
11.30-The Crown Prince couple attend the Vice President's official lunch
1 p.m- The Crown Prince couple meet the participating Danish companies
2.40- The Crown Prince couple visit Hoàn Kiếm Lake
3 p.m- H.K.H. The Crown Prince attends a water puppet show and is shown Ðông Hồ paintings
6.00- The Crown Prince couple participate in the Grand Dinner
8.30 p.m- The Crown Prince Couple participates in the celebration of the 50th anniversary of diplomatic relations between Denmark and Vietnam at the Hanoi Opera

WEDNESDAY NOVEMBER 2
8.45-H.K.H. The Crown Prince participates in a courtesy meeting with representatives from Hải Phòng City
9.45-H.K.H. The Crown Prince participates in a network meeting
10:00-H.K.H. The Crown Princess visits the cement factory Xuan Thanh Cement Plan
10.45- H.K.H. The Crown Princess attends a courtesy meeting with representatives from Hà Nam's People's Committee
11.30-H.K.H. The Crown Prince visits a workshop for children on offshore wind energy
2 p.m- H.K.H. The Crown Princess visits a workshop for children with a focus on creativity
14.35- H.K.H. The Crown Prince visits the port area of Haiphong
15.15- H.K.H. The Crown Princess visits the Tam Chúc pagoda complex

THURSDAY 3 NOVEMBER

8.30-H.K.H. The Crown Prince participates in a courtesy meeting with representatives from Ho Chi Minh City
10:00- H.K.H. The Crown Prince breaks ground for LEGO's new factory
11.30 am- H.K.H. The Crown Prince visits the furniture company ScanCom's showroom in Ho Chi Minh City
1:30 p.m- H.K.H. The Crown Prince participates in the inauguration of Vesta's new office in Vietnam
14.20- H.K.H. The Crown Prince participates in Carlsberg's 175th anniversary celebration in Ho Chi Minh City

An exhausting but very important visit.
That simply cannot be emphasized enough.

Vietnam is a growing production economy and along with a handful of other countries it has quietly snatched a lot of orders from China. - Up to some 15 % of China's total production has been relocated or taken very by a few other countries, Vietnam being one of them.

There are a number of reasons for this. One being that these countries can produce the same products as China to an equal quality and on similar terms in regards to delivery - and cheaper.
It's a typical situation. There are always someone who can produce something cheaper.
Another reason, which is not spoken the loudly about, is that it is in no ones interest but China, that China has such a dominant position in regards to economy and production - and as a consequence of that political influence. It is no secret that China does exercise it's economic and political influence, often in a bullying manner.
So to everyone outside China it's preferable to have several, smaller "Chinas" than one big one.

Hence why Vietnam is and needs to be cultivated.

Historically Vietnam and China are enemies. Vietnam has on several occasions had to fight off Chinese probes in order to include Vietnam into the Chinese empire. Latest around 1980, where Vietnam beat off a major Chinese incursion - with success.

Yet another jampacked trip for Frederik and Mary! The schedule looks exhausting. As always though they can cover alot of ground because of their ability to split up the appearances easily since they are both so well-versed in the subject matters of the locations they are visiting. It gives them the chance to have more events and both countries get more ROI in a short amount of time as they can handle these hectic and event heavy trips!

Here is a link to the page from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs for the trip where photos will be posted:
https://mfa-events.dk/danishroyalvisittovietnam2022

I would also search the Asian media outlets as they have been posting articles about the visit, importance of the relations between the countries and improving business connections. I have a feeling the Asian media will provide much more information/reports/photos than the Danish one given the election on 11/1.

:flowers: :previous:

Yes, as mentioned in a previous post, this is an important visit for DK.

We want to buy products in Vietnam, instead of having to rely so much on China.
With almost 100 million inhabitants and a steadily growing middle class as well as a high educational level, Vietnam is also an attractive market for Danish products. Not least design and luxury brands.
But Vietnam is also a competitor to China and they want to get ahead where they can and they are of course looking at China and learning what mistakes they are making and what decision China made that were sound.
Infrastructure and energy supply is vital to any industrialized society and this is where DK comes in with know how and key-ready solutions
Just as in China Danish dairy products are in high demand in Vietnam.
DK being the current 5th largest maritime country in the world is also looking for alternative places for building our ships. So far South Korea has been a major ship-builder, but they are swamped in orders and the prices is up.
China is not particularly attractive as a ship-building partner - it bluntly speaking down to industrial espionage.
But Vietnam, has a long maritime history (albeit mainly coastal) with a long coastline and they are interested in building ships as well as building Danish designed ships for themselves.

DK has a tiny edge in having a direct link between the DRF and Vietnam and you can rest assured that this will be exploited! :D

It's a positively exhausting schedule!

I look in particular forward to the second day, the workshops with the children.
Frederik has a habit of charming every child in sight.

I also note that the Vietnamese are following the protocol to the letter. M&F are met by the Vice President.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's a positively exhausting schedule!

I look in particular forward to the second day, the workshops with the children.
Frederik has a habit of charming every child in sight.

I also note that the Vietnamese are following the protocol to the letter. M&F are met by the Vice President.

The events with the kids should be fun!

I also noticed they are being welcomed by the VP. Then they pay a courtesy visit to the President right after that. Site visits, promoting Danish business/expertise and soft diplomacy. All done in exemplary fashion by M&F.

It is a grueling pace for the visit. Very long non-stop days. Good thing that they are able to cover so much ground on day 2 being able to split the locations with each doing a day full of events in each. Then Frederik on his own on 11/3. Good thing they are in their prime with energy and stamina!!

Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary have already arrived in Vietnam, shared two photos and the following message:

** instagram post **

Tomorrow we start an official visit and green business promotion in Vietnam ????

But what better place to start here in Vietnam than at our father and father-in-law's childhood home in Hanoi.

The Vietnamese culture and especially this city meant so much to him throughout his life, and it was a great experience for both him, the Queen and us, when he was able to show off the beautiful yellow house during the state visit in 2009. Now we stand here again and he will be in our thoughts for the next few days.

It's a pleasure to be back, Vietnam: Đồn tộ vui quật khi 志新 Việt Nam!

✍?The Crown Prince Couple.

Last edited:
Personally, this makes no sense to me...but to each their own

Mary and Frederik have made a significant decision
However, the royal visit coincides with the Danish parliamentary election on Tuesday 1 November, and in this connection the Crown Prince Couple have made a significant decision out of respect for election day and Danish democracy.

Mary and Frederik will not comment, comment or give short interviews to press broadcasters on election day.

This is according to the Royal Family's communications department, which states that it is out of respect for election day that the crown prince and the crown princess will not make statements tomorrow.

https://www.billedbladet.dk/kongeli...derfor-har-mary-og-frederik-valgt-vaere-tavse

I don't get it either, because there is no way M&F will be able to compete with a general election, so in that sense they won't distract at all.

And their visit is made with the full approval of the Parliament, they are not going to say or do anything that is remotely party-political. Nor are they in any way expected or expected to be asked about the result of the election.

The result of the election has something to do with Monarch in a formal, Constitutional role, but it has nothing whatsoever to do with M&F.

As for showing respect for the democratic process: Yeah, well, whatever.

I don't get it either, because there is no way M&F will be able to compete with a general election, so in that sense they won't distract at all.

And their visit is made with the full approval of the Parliament, they are not going to say or do anything that is remotely party-political. Nor are they in any way expected or expected to be asked about the result of the election.

The result of the election has something to do with Monarch in a formal, Constitutional role, but it has nothing whatsoever to do with M&F.

As for showing respect for the democratic process: Yeah, well, whatever.

It is just strange. The purpose of Day 1 is to promote the relations w/Vietnam and promote the business delegation they are leading. Why would commenting on that make any difference to the election? Something feels so wonky about what they are doing these days.

Start of a very busy day.
Vietnamese media.
https://nld.com.vn/chinh-tri/can-ca...-frederik-tham-viet-nam-20221101110311062.htm
https://vietnamnet.vn/chu-tich-nuoc...-don-thai-tu-cong-nuong-dan-mach-2075909.html
https://tuoitre.vn/pho-chu-tich-nuoc-don-thai-tu-dan-mach-fredrik-20221031202328304.htm
https://vov.vn/chinh-tri/ngay-dau-t...g-nuong-phu-nhan-tham-viet-nam-post980938.vov
https://sputniknews.vn/amp/20221101...-chu-tich-nuoc-nguyen-xuan-phuc-18999784.html
Meeting the Vice president and president.

At the opening of the business promotion in Vietnam, HRH the Crown Prince emphasized the close ties between Denmark and Vietnam - especially on the business side, where more than 135 Danish companies are physically present in Vietnam!

The timezones are killing me, Vietnam, Denmark and for me USA lol.

some cool Frederik for this Tuesday morning:cool:
https://cand.com.vn/su-kien-binh-lu...ho-guom-va-van-hoa-dan-gian-viet-nam-i672847/
tried his hand in painting, the Queen would be pleased ;)
https://toquoc.mediacdn.vn/28051885...iet-thu-ha-noi-16-16672937230161866790607.jpg
https://toquoc.vn/thai-tu-ke-vi-dan...ghe_nhan_huong_dan_cach_lam_tranh_dong_ho.jpg
https://vov.vn/chinh-tri/thai-tu-ke...nh-dong-ho-va-xem-mua-roi-nuoc-post981177.vov

added:
Night celebration, Frederik's speech
https://vnanet.vn/vi/anh/anh-thoi-s...he-ngoai-giao-viet-nam--dan-mach-6415728.html

A press conference has been scheduled for Wednesday.

"You can see from Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary that they are happy to be here. And they do it well. They are extremely good at kicking in doors for Denmark, and you just have to say that they are quite, quite literally, treated like royalty by the Vietnamese people.'
According to the expert, it is about the fact that Denmark was one of the first countries to conduct diplomatic negotiations with Vietnam, and this is something that the people of the country remember.
"That's how the Royal House works, after all. Several have also praised the Crown Prince's speeches, and several have also told me that they were surprised at how good they were.'"

"The big problem is that the Danish media and the Danes still focus on the crisis in the Royal Palace. It has been a bit strange for the journalists that there has been no opportunity to speak to the couple. We run around to a lot of things, and we're not allowed to talk to them.'"
-The journalist from BT is one of the main culprits with countless articles :whistling:

https://www.bt.dk/royale/bts-royale...ver-kronprinsparrets-beslutning-det-er-svaert

Let see on Wednesday if he focuses on the Vietnam trip or not

Thank goodnessd for the Asian media, BB and even BT, and a few Twitter accounts of the ministry of foreign affairs and the Danish businesses at the conference for posting photos and reporting on events. At this juncture of Day 1 of the visit and the DRF social media (Instagram, website, Facebook and YouTube channel) have failed to post one minuscule piece of media of all M&F have today during their first day. They should take some notes of how the Sytch, Spanish and Belgium royal social media have covered their royal couple's recent and/or current visits! I now wholeheartedly agree with the guy from BT and his latest "analysis".

So thank you to the media that have taken the time/effort to cover this visit and thank to all for posting the articles and photos. Fingers crossed for some video.

I am going loopy trying to keep track of the 3 time zones as well. Nice photos from the puppet show and paintings visit yesterday.

The Asian media is doing a fantastic job covering their events.

A press conference has been scheduled for Wednesday.

"You can see from Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary that they are happy to be here. And they do it well. They are extremely good at kicking in doors for Denmark, and you just have to say that they are quite, quite literally, treated like royalty by the Vietnamese people.'
According to the expert, it is about the fact that Denmark was one of the first countries to conduct diplomatic negotiations with Vietnam, and this is something that the people of the country remember.
"That's how the Royal House works, after all. Several have also praised the Crown Prince's speeches, and several have also told me that they were surprised at how good they were.'"

"The big problem is that the Danish media and the Danes still focus on the crisis in the Royal Palace. It has been a bit strange for the journalists that there has been no opportunity to speak to the couple. We run around to a lot of things, and we're not allowed to talk to them.'"
-The journalist from BT is one of the main culprits with countless articles :whistling:

https://www.bt.dk/royale/bts-royale...ver-kronprinsparrets-beslutning-det-er-svaert

Let see on Wednesday if he focuses on the Vietnam trip or not

Well - I will keep my thoughts to myself as to who IMO has created this whole mess that now M&F are left holding the bag for. And that is for another thread anyway.

Well - B.T. is a big contributor to keeping the title thing alive with their constant baiting and gaslighting. Maybe they should focus on the trip themselves instead of using the press conference to ask "gotcha" questions. Maybe they should camp out at Amalienborg instead.

A BT video of the episode where the interpreter's microphone didn't work.
https://www.bt.dk/royale/kronprinse...d-efter-scene-broeler-jeg-kan-ikke-oversaette

There is always something that goes wrong and Mary handled it well without showing the slightest bit annoyance which would have embarrassed the hosts.

Denmark was among the first countries to acknowledge Vietnam - that happened 50 years ago, and that hasn't been forgotten. Nor that DK send relief aide to Vietnam at times.

Frederik praising the city of Hanoi and putting focus on the personal ties between the DRF and Vietnam and in particular Hanoi scored a few points as well. That was a nice touch, Frederik.

DK having a very long national history, while still being a small - but pretty successful country - is something that is noted and appreciated in East Asia. And which is something these countries relate to. A kind of kinship so to speak.
Together with our deep and old cultural roots (HC Andersen being mandatory teaching in China for example - The Little Girl with the Matches, being an excellent fable about exploitism and the failure of capitalism is and was a favorite. Interesting as both China and Vietnam today are one-party capitalist systems... :D ) this is something we have played on when sending the DRF and delegations to Asia. And as both Vietnam and China, as well as Korea has a deep pride in their imperial past, representatives of a modern monarchy is not at all unpalatable, nor does it clash with the officially Communist world view. - It's a most fascinating part of the world!

Day 2 is underway.

Of course the press could not help itself.
https://www.billedbladet.dk/kongeli...y-staar-fast-jeg-har-ikke-yderligere-tilfoeje
Photo: https://content.invisioncic.com/r38...1291.jpg.b23021bc0e008a764bae3268210e94d8.jpg

Mary visiting a cement factory...maybe the hard hat will come in handy when she resorts to banging her head against the nearest wall...
https://www.billedbladet.dk/kongeli...sted-kronprinsesse-mary-maatte-tage-hjelm-paa

Good for Mary....again my suggestion to these "reporters"....go camp out at Amalienborg....would have been cheaper that going to Veitnam and would not have to deal with the time difference. Mary and Frederik have important official work to do on this trip. I knew they'd end up being the scapegoats for this mess and now it is interfering with their work while everyone else gets to skate by.

Last edited:
Glad the Vietnamese press is reporting on Frederik....and the visit as a whole. Nice photos of Mary as well.

Indeed this visit is getting a lot of press and in the business sector I suspect its even more. Frederik adn Mary have received a lot of praise.

More from today,
Offshore wind electricity for children"- The program is carried out by the Danish Offshore Wind 4 kids organization, it is an opportunity for students to learn and practice basic knowledge of offshore wind electricity. At the program, the students were introduced to wind energy, installing wind power models by themselves, learning how wind turbines work. These are really fun experiences for the students and teachers who attend the program.
https://scontent-lax3-2.xx.fbcdn.ne...gHIs7fDIXwCpqCNuxEfxfBdQyxI24PDvw&oe=6366EACF

DRF gallery from Day 1 and links to their speeches
https://www.kongehuset.dk/foto-video/kronprinsparrets-besoeg-i-vietnam---dag-1
https://www.kongehuset.dk/taler/h-k-h-kronprinsens-tale-ved-grand-dinner-den-1-november-2022-i-hanoi
https://www.kongehuset.dk/taler/h-k...nmark-and-vietnam-den-1-november-2022-i-hanoi

Back
Top Bottom