CP Frederik & CP Mary, Current Events Part 10: May 2016 - January 2024

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

iceflower

Administrator
Site Team
Country
Germany
2wdr5o7.jpg

Welcome to Part 10 of the thread for the current events of Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary!

You can find the old thread here:

** Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary, Current Events 9: Sept 2012 - May 2016 **

Please take a look at the
TRF Community Rules & FAQs!

· Only pictures you have written permission to share can be posted here. You can post links to any pictures.
· No more than 20% of the text of an article can be posted, along with a link to the original article.
· It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles.
· We expect our members to treat each other and the royals and persons in these threads with respect.
· Opinions should be backed up by reference to published reports.
· Off topic and empty posts will be deleted without notice.
· Please be careful not to write in capital letters.

:flowers: Happy Posting! :flowers:

I was wondering if we would get any pictures, it's nice to get pictures from these events at the palace.

Frederik looks tired but Mary more tired IMO. Btw, I think Mary looks tanned.

The interior of the room is lovely, love the painting and the wall color.

:previous: Agree. It's furnished with very good taste.

Very pretty room, but i have to admit an LOL about the books that are stacked so neatly on the table :lol: imo books that are layed out like that do not live with books-minded people ;)

Very pretty room, but i have to admit an LOL about the books that are stacked so neatly on the table :lol: imo books that are layed out like that do not live with books-minded people ;)

Yeah, but this is one of the reception rooms, not one of the private rooms.
The private music/reading room is on the next floor.

Books to be read and not used for decoration?!? :confused:
Good heavens, what will they come up with next? :ermm:

The PIR-alarm in the corner is interesting. This ain't a cheap model!

They appear to have many meet and greets in this room of their palace. I wonder if it is designated as the "Audience room."

Last edited by a moderator:
Just read on Twitter that Crown Prince couple are attending Royal Ascot today, day 2, and are in the carriage procession. Today, the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge are also attending for the first time since their marriage.

Frederik has been interviewed to a golf magazine and there he says, he and Mary will go to the Olympics in Rio.
Frederik as a member of the IOC will be present at the opening ceremony.
Kronprinsesse Mary og kronprins Frederik tager til OL i Brasilien | BILLED-BLADET

He adds: "When the opening ceremony is over I will focus on visiting as many athletes as possible. Hopefully I'll also get around to as many as the big events (as possible), which for me is also golf and tennis.
The Crown Princess will come along for the opening, but the children won't come, even though they was of the opinion they could easily skip the first week in school".

Mary is very much expected to accompany Frederik to swimming events where DK is well represented. And Mary usually cheer Australian athletes as well at the Olympics.

:previous: very nice. I'm sure the Olympics will always be a special time for Frederik and Mary. They always have a great time cheering on the Danish athletes. Shame the kids won't be able to go, when does school start? It is quite a long trip

Frederik it seems will be staying a bit longer, not only supporting the Danish athletes at the Olympics but also Danish Industry.
On August 15 he will be attending a reception for Danish Sustainability Days. The Confederation of Danish Industry, State of Green and VisitDenmark invite Danish companies and organizations to become part of*the Danish Pavilion at*Ipanema*Beach*in Rio.

Danish Sustainability Days at the 2016 Olympic Games in Rio - 15.08.2016 - DI

Frederik has been interviewed to a golf magazine and there he says, he and Mary will go to the Olympics in Rio.
Frederik as a member of the IOC will be present at the opening ceremony.
Kronprinsesse Mary og kronprins Frederik tager til OL i Brasilien | BILLED-BLADET
(...)

:previous: Very nice. I'm sure the Olympics will always be a special time for Frederik and Mary. They always have a great time cheering on the Danish athletes. Shame the kids won't be able to go, when does school start? It is quite a long trip

Frederik it seems will be staying a bit longer, not only supporting the Danish athletes at the Olympics but also Danish Industry(...)

Thanks Muhler and Polyeco :flowers:

The Olympics definitely seems to be a very special time for Frederik and Mary. They met during the Sydney Olympics in 2000 and has been to every Olympics together ever since ... I like that.

Nice they attended again this year in Brazil.
The children's last vacation day is the 9th August, so it's quite clear they aren't going along this year when it's such a long travel. Then mom and dad can enjoy a romantic week in twosomeness.

Frederik will (as IOC Member) very likely be at the Olympics most of the 2-3 weeks while Mary most likely will stay with Frederik for the first week and then travel home to the children. As we saw in Beijing in 2008.

When you follow certain royals members who working hard, it can be frustrating when there are still some people who believe they never do anything. Fortunately, it's pretty widespread among the people now how busy the Crown Prince Couple (and Queen are). The CP-couple do also have official duties almost every day.

They have been running a busy schedule recently, and now just returned from a packed business visit in U.S., I actually expected a quiet week for F&M now, but no. Again a week with official events from Monday morning to Saturday evening. I didn't borthered to count, but I fast skimmed the calender: Has Mary had 8 days off (or actually just without official duties) in the last two months?

Anyway, I guess a lovely quiet and long Autumn holiday in the cottage in Trend is needed for the Crown Prince Family :)

The CP-couple's officielle programme this week:

https://scontent-arn2-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...=044b8027d6485fbceddc4061347f5c4b&oe=58770613

Monday - October 3, 2016
10:00 - Crown Princess Mary is in charge of opening the conference in connection with the "Copenhagen Cultural Children's Summit."

Tuesday - October 4, 2016
12.00 - The Crown Prince Couple attends the opening of Parliament

Wednesday - October 5, 2016
09.30 - Crown Prince Frederik attend the Council of State at Christiansborg Palace
10:00 - Crown Princess Mary participating in the Mary Foundation Netwerk event

Thursday - October 6, 2016
16:30 - Crown Princess Mary participating in the event with local partners in the ESMO (European Society for Medical Oncology) Congress

Friday - October 7, 2016
16:00 - Crown Princess Mary participating in the University Startup World Cup

Saturday - October 8, 2016
17:00 - Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary are received at Holstebro City Hall and get showcased the sculpture "Woman on Cart"
21:00 - Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary presents the Crown Prince Couple's Prizes 2016 (Broadcasted directly on TV DR1)

Monday - October 10, 2016
14:30 - Crown Princess Mary attend as patron of the celebration of the Mental Health Foundation's 20th anniversary.

Last edited:
Yes, Roskilde.

It'll be interesting whether the PM will inform QMII and Frederik at the State Council that he intends to call a general election. Either because he might just as well clear the air and take it now or because he will face a vote of no confidence in the Parliament very shortly. - Both options are IMO unlikely - now - but it will sure be interesting to listen to his speech Tuesday!
- So for once the cameras may not be focusing that much on the DRF trying to "stay awake". As is tradition. :p

"Kronprinsparret today was touring with industry Denmark, where the couple was able to see to see the facilities, personnel and be put in everyday life and work in the town hall in Copenhagen."

an event today, that was not on the calendar. Busy Crown Prince couple

https://www.facebook.com/detdanskekongehus/posts/361856090819645

https://scontent-grt2-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...=ce61e3072e410b80b842e3320f44ec87&oe=589B6128
https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd...._=1486993395_bf3be460743e6ef36fb8f10ca9ee4a7b

Last edited:
The Crown Prince Couple's unofficial work/the work behind the scenes :flowers:

Nothing listed in the official calender (even they had other official events today) but the DRF Offcial Facebook page inform us, that CP Frederik and CP Mary today got a touring at Danish Industry where the couple saw the facilities, met the employers and was put into the everyday life and work in the building at the City Hall Square in Copenhagen.
(..)

Last edited by a moderator:
:previous: Although not yet added to their calendar, but now the DRF website has two more pictures from their visit yesterday
Besøg i Dansk Industri | Kongehuset

http://kongehuset.dk/sites/default/...kronprinsparret_i_ih_2016_9.jpg?itok=hDuk0uTA
http://kongehuset.dk/sites/default/...kronprinsparret_i_ih_2016_6.jpg?itok=wXwdusNC

"Crown Prince and Princess attended the tour and so here closer look at the facilities, met people and got told about the work of Danish Industry.
Danish Industry is a private business association, representing 10,000 companies in Denmark, which employs 1 million. employees. Danish Industry members manufactures, distributes and trades in goods, services and advice."

That's probably a meeting prior to another trip on behalf of Danish commerce. - And (hopefully) also an opportunity for DI to show their appreciation.
As such it's only natural M&F got a tour of the office. I believe it's new.

After all DI will be working closely with M&F for many years to come.

And in a sense I can understand if the court didn't put that up front in their calendar. Because some people criticize the DRF for being too close with Danish commerce. And that is of course nonsense in several ways. Not least because one of the main jobs of the DRF is to help promote Danish trade and export. - And as such help create jobs and income for all of DK.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom