Christian, Isabella, Vincent and Josephine, News Part 3: November 2015 - June 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Having seen this video of a previous bird-shooting at Herlufsholm, I don't think parents are present, at least not the whole day.
It appears to be a merry and wet... event.

But I understand that former students can visit and watch a procession early in the day.

Thanks Muhler: the 'wet' intrigues me...do you know what they are drinking? It doesn't look like beer (I can't imagine beer at a high school but this is perhaps Danish tolerance?)

Having seen this video of a previous bird-shooting at Herlufsholm, I don't think parents are present, at least not the whole day.
It appears to be a merry and wet... event.

https://herlufsholm.dk/nyheder/fugleskydning-2021/

The schedule for this all day event

Parents are/can be present during the day, as are "old-Herlovians" (former students) and there's a dance in the evening. Don't know if Christian's parents are able to attend as they have to be in Jelling after 4pm.

"Bird shooting extends throughout the day, and we therefore keep the day program alcohol-free for students."

" From noon it is possible for parents and guests to buy wine, beer, soft drinks and various soft drinks in the school stalls - the sales profit goes as always to SOS Children's Villages and the Students' Travel Fund - but the alcohol is only for parents and guests - and not for the students . It is not allowed to bring drinks to the Bird Shooting.

Last edited:
Well, it sure wasn't lemonade they poured into the mugs with milk!
That was beer and a bitter.
I watched three videos, in all of them the mugs with milk was diluted with beer and what looked like liqueur.

Nothing out of the ordinary in that, beer-drinking is very common at high-school parties, also on the high school grounds, while partying.
So I guess it was party-time, when the former students and the parents left.

Danish teenagers drink a lot! And have been drinking a lot for at least 40 years.
We can discuss whether that is a bad thing or should be tolerated.
After becoming a parent myself, my view on teenagers drinking changed a quite a bit. Somewhat hypocritical I must admit, since I had my share of beers when I was young.

Anyway, Christian is here experiencing what must be considered normal high-school life in DK.

I have never heard of beer and milk being mixed together! It sounds awful!

I have never heard of beer and milk being mixed together! It sounds awful!

Nor have I.
But I guess after the first five beers, the taste-buds are sufficiently numb for it to be downed without problems.

Nor have I.
But I guess after the first five beers, the taste-buds are sufficiently numb for it to be downed without problems.

Clearly; it must be a new health trend! Thanks for your response, but I don't think I will give this beverage a try:ohmy:

Not sure what beer is like mixed with milk but beer with a scoop of ice cream tastes really good. Coffee or vanilla flavoured is best. I would imagine it's similar.

Icecream? Well, perhaps it is. I assumed it was milk, because it looks like milk.

I'm clearly a puritan, as I have always drunk my beer undiluted so to speak.

Anyway, despite the birdshooting having been postponed this year, I hope they have fun tomorrow. The weather should be reasonably good.
And considering that the day has been filmed the past years - and in good quality - Christian may make an appearance in the background in the next film uploaded to YouTube?

I didn't look for Nikolai in the three videos I checked, but perhaps he was there somewhere?

Christian backstage with a couple of friends at a kesi show. He's seen in the 5th photo of this link posted by kesi on his IG acct.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CUk8pKyNNp2/?utm_medium=copy_link

Is Prince Christian old enough to drink alcohol? It looks like it is beer what he is holding in his plastic cup, but I can't tell for sure (it could be a soda).

This time it doesn't look like it is mixed with milk or ice cream (see previous posts).

Last edited:
Is Prince Christian old enough to drink alcohol? It looks like it is beer what he is holding in his plastic cup, but I can't tell for sure (it could be a soda).

This time it doesn't look like it is mixed with milk or ice cream (see previous posts).

I would definitely say that's a beer but then lots of young people have a drink when under age. How old is he?

Drinking Laws -- To consume alcohol in Danish bars, restaurants, or cafes, customers must be 18 or older. There are no restrictions on children 17 and under who drink at home or, for example, from a bottle in a public park. Danish police tend to be lenient unless drinkers become raucous or uncontrollable.

Frommers Denmark Travel guide

I would definitely say that's a beer but then lots of young people have a drink when under age. How old is he?

Christian is 15 years old. He turns 16 on October 15th.
And yes he seems to have beer in the plastic cup. Many young people start drinking beer when they are 15 or 16 years old.

There are various age restrictions on buying alcohol, liqueur and cigarettes, but not on drinking alcohol. (Albeit as, Amaryllus points out, restaurants and similar places are not allowed to serve alcohol to persons under eighteen. And bars can refuse admittance to to persons under eighteen.)

Of course if a child or a young person under fifteen is drunk in a public place or seen drinking hard liqueur then it may be an issue for social services, depending on circumstances.

Last edited:
Meh. A 15 year old kid trying beer is not a scandal or a reason to pearl clutch. (…)

Last edited by a moderator:
The photo posted by Kesi with Christian and his friends seems to be from a music festival earlier this summer. I found this older photo and the boys are wearing the same clothes. Frederik was also at this festival. Another of the performers had posted a photo with Frederik that I cannot seem to find at the moment.

Here is the photo of Christian and his friends from a few weeks ago
http://content.invisioncic.com/r38859/monthly_2021_09/image.png.8dd3b987af107f3b777363b1400f0ec8.png

Indeed. A summer concert with friends and dad.
I believe it was Mary (in Frederik's 50th birthday book) who said that father and son bond over music and have similar taste. :flowers:

Indeed. A summer concert with friends and dad.
I believe it was Mary (in Frederik's 50th birthday book) who said that father and son bond over music and have similar taste. :flowers:

I do recall that being mentioned....that Christian had shown an interest in music and shared some of his Dad's tastes or was interested in what his dad listened to. ?

The picture is from the Tilbage til LIVE concert on 4 September. While Christian opted for a photo with Kesi (who is big in the Crown Prince family household if his performance (and especially Isabella's reaction) at Frederik's 50th birthday concert is anything to go by), Frederik went with rapper Tessa :D

Very cute. Their annual attendance at tivoli for a musical.

The man following them is Fritz Schur. - A businessman who handles at least QMII's personal finances and investments.
But since the children seem very at ease with him, we may assume he is also a well known face in the CP-home and perhaps handles M&F's personal finances and investments as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, it's a funny thing with young siblings, they can fight all day with the older ones, so that chairs, pets and brushes fly around. But once on their own, it's nevertheless nice to have an older sibling in charge and looking after you.
- Most of the time...

Giving Isabella a responsibility in a pretty public setting is also educational.
No relatives around to delegate responsibility for the twins to. She takes the lead, ensuring they behave properly and thanking Fritz Schur in a proper manner.
Greeting strangers behind the scenes, do some basic small talk, even dressing for the occasion.
It may seem like a small thing, but teenagers can, as we all know, be terribly shy and awkward.

So it's good to give them an independent responsibility at a young age. Makes them grow.

He is also member of the board of the theater.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom