Christian, Isabella, Vincent and Josephine, News Part 3: November 2015 - June 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Isabella is growing up fast, still looks so much like her father. I’m sure Mary is happy her daughter has inherited this particular hobby!

Beautiful photos of Isabella. She seems to have inherited the royal love for horses - and I always like how Mary often takes her children's birthday photos; it adds to a more personal touch.

Details from an article in Billed Bladet #17, 2018.
Written by Ulrik Ulriksen.

BB most have posted someone at Amalienborg all day. Poor sod!

Anyway, in the early forenoon Isabella and Mary were seen driving from Amalienborg to an unknown destination.
Late in the afternoon the whole family returned on foot, strolling across Amalienborg Square, dressed casually.
By 19.00 in the evening a couple of friends with their children had arrived, presumably in order to celebrate Isabella.

- So they did not celebrate her birthday at Trend as I thought they would.

Summary of article in Billed Bladet #18, 2018.
Written by Ulrik Ulriksen.

Those interested in tennis may know that Caroline Wozniacki recently won her first grand slam and for that she has been celebrated here in DK last week.
That included a friendly match between Wozniacki and her colleague, Venus William. An event that drew quite a crowd!

Among those who went to see the match was Isabella, who was accompanied by the very close friend of Frederik, Christian von Buchwald, who played tennis with Frederik when he was in his teens and early adulthood.
Present were also Christian von Buchwald's two daughters, Ida and Anna, for whom Frederik is a very dear honorary uncle. They are now adults, and as such took good care of Isabella who is a big tennis-fan.

- You can see the scans of this article in the DRF general news thread.

Last edited:
Among those who went to see the match was Isabella, who was accompanied by the very close friend of Frederik, Christian von Buchwald, who played tennis with Frederik when he was in his teens and early adulthood.
Present were also Christian von Buchwald's two daughters, Ida and Anna, for whom Frederik is a very dear honorary uncle.

Christian Von Buchwald is Isabella's godfather, Frederik is godfather to one of his daughters and his wife Elisabeth works for the DRF. This couple is very close to Frederik and Mary.

Indeed. But as we learned in the most recent chapter of the Frederik portrait book, Frederik and Christian's close friendship go way back before Mary. - Frederik was as close to being a member of the Buchwald family as he could become.

Okay, we have over time gotten to know M&F's children well enough to have a good idea of their character and lives.
So I'll start out with my observations.

Christian:
An archetypical older brother. Sensible, loving and caring. Has a fine self confidence. Is comfortable in the public eye and with talking to strangers including journalists.
Is interested in sports. He sails.
He has inherited his dad's intense interest in music.
He appears to have a strong will, or stubborn if you prefer. He is very willing to learn, but not that eager to listen once he believes he master something.
He clearly has been schooled in what you tell and don't tell journalists.

Isabella:
After having been something of a showgirl, she is now settled down as the sensible and caring older sister.
She dances, and rides horses and is seemingly an accomplished rider.
She appears to have inherited her dad's speech-pattern. In the sense that she speaks in images.

Vincent:
The most shy of the children. Don't mind public attention as long as it's not too much. Is very fond of his mother.
Seems to be an observer.
He is bright! From very early on he seems to have a very good sense of sentence structures and the language. He corrected Josephine's grammatical mistakes both at the gala-concert but also on their first day in school.
Leaves the impression of being a kind and loving boy.
May have inherited his dad's sensitive personality.
Is a sore loser. - So he also has a competitive mind.

Josephine:
Judging from her posture when photographed, she dances. Most likely ballet.
She also seems fond of riding. - Whether that is a wish to be like her older sister remains to be seen.
A fun-loving very extrovert girl, who clearly likes to perform in front of an audience.

:previous: Loved your summary of the CP children's personalities! Christian and Isabella do indeed seem to be very caring older siblings and I can imagine that when mum and dad are away on royal visits they help the nannies (do Mary and Frederik still employ nannies?) with looking after Vincent and Josephine. I bet Isabella was one of those older sisters who always wanted to help with them when they were babies. Josephine definitely seems to have succeeded Isabella's position in the little royal showgirl.

Thank you. ?

Yes, they still have nannies. There was one with them on Amalienborg Square during the Royal Run, before Mary joined them.

I think there will continue to be some sort of nanny around until the children leave home.
Partly to look after them and offer the kind of comfort, support and guidance their parents can't give them while they are away, and M&F are going to be away more and more in the years to come.
But also to ensure they behave, to pick them up, make sure they do their homework and all the other things parents normally make sure the children do when home.
And finally because there will be time when an adult will have to make a quick decision without having time to consult the parents. That's anything from okaying a sleepover to calling a doctor.

Governess might perhaps be a better word?

Have a good vacation, Muhler. We'll be good, and not have too much fun while you're gone. ;)

Thank you. ?

Yes, they still have nannies. There was one with them on Amalienborg Square during the Royal Run, before Mary joined them.

I think there will continue to be some sort of nanny around until the children leave home.
Partly to look after them and offer the kind of comfort, support and guidance their parents can't give them while they are away, and M&F are going to be away more and more in the years to come.
But also to ensure they behave, to pick them up, make sure they do their homework and all the other things parents normally make sure the children do when home.
And finally because there will be time when an adult will have to make a quick decision without having time to consult the parents. That's anything from okaying a sleepover to calling a doctor.

Governess might perhaps be a better word?

Thank you for confirming my curiosities; Muhler - and have fun on your holiday! We'll try to keep things in order for you whilst you're away. ;)

Christian is to appear in an episode of The Simpsons: https://www.bt.dk/royale/prins-christian-i-helt-ny-rolle-optraeder-i-populaer-amerikansk-tv-serie

The episode is called Throw Grandpa from the Dane.

Lisa Simpson is to fall in love with Christian.

This is brilliant! :lol: It already aired here in the States, on May 13th. I had no idea. It's on Hulu though, so I'm off to watch it now! Will report back.

That makes two mentions of Scandinavian royals on the show.

ETA: Just finished watching the episode. It amused and tickled me in the best ways. Lots of LOL moments. The only disappointment is that "Prince Christian's" involvement is so short. Just a scene. Still funny regardless. I'm working on makings gifs right now. I'll post when I'm done.

Last edited:
Prince Christian has been Simpsonized!

I was hoping they would get an actual little love storyline but this was it. This was his whole "appearance." It was still really delightful.

Oh, also, the email Lisa is typing is legitimately readable. She's writing to him in Danish! So if anyone is up to translating it (it's a long one!), here's a link to a screenshot.

:previous: Charming photos of Isabella at the event. She does seem to have inherited the royal love for horses.

Last edited:
Thanks Polyesco!!

Indeed the last one from the Instagram very cool!!

Happy Birhtday to Prince Christian!

Lovely photos; and it's lovely that the photo taken by Christian's classmate was included in the official set! I bet that classmate is feeling pretty chuffed ?

Mom's not cool anymore :lol:

In Christian's eyes Mary probably doesn't know how to take photos worthy for a teenage boy's Instagram :lol:

Christian is definitely growing up! To me he looks like Mary and her side of the family but with Frederik’s colouring. A nice mix. :)

Thanks, Eya.

Forgive my ignorance about horses, but can anyone tell me if the headband on the horse, is decoration or does it serve a function?
Or is it simply just a groovy pony... ;)

:previous:
I would hope it is a very groovy pony with it's own tiara made of sapphires and diamonds.........such an adorable couple they make!

I am wondering if we know anything about Prince Christian’s confirmation? I believe Nikolai and Felix had theirs at 14. Christian turned 13 in October.

:previous:How old was Christian's father when he (Prince Frederik) was confirmed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom