Christian, Isabella, Vincent and Josephine, News Part 3: November 2015 - June 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wonderful new photo to mark Isabella's 16th Birthday!

In the first photography there is a striking resemblance with Princess Josephine. Lovely girl.

I like them as well. Very much a 16 year old and not pretending to be much older.

In connection with his event today Frederik mentioned that Isabella had gone on a school trip to Florence.

"the crown prince, who himself was once a student at the high school in Hellerup, said that Princess Isabella had been on a trip to Florence with her classmates from the ninth grade at Ingrid Jespersen's school, after which he asked with interest how the students would make such a trip more environmentally friendly."
https://www.billedbladet.dk/kongeli...lte-kronprins-frederik-om-prinsesse-isabellas

Nice!

They could walk?

What's the distance? Some 1.200 km? They would be there in 1½ month. No problem for healthy young people. :D

When is the Royal House expected to announce what Prince Christian will be doing after finishing his studies this year?

:previous: Christian won't finish his studies at his gymnasium till this time next year. He's currently in his second year (of three). So most likely not for a long time still.

The Palace released news about Princess Isabella's education today:

In a few weeks, HRH Princess Isabella completes the 9th form of secondary school at Ingrid Jespersens Gymnasieskole in Copenhagen.

After the summer holiday, Princess Isabella will continue her schooling in 1.g at Øregård Gymnasium in Hellerup.

** kongehuset: HRH Princess Isabella begins at Øregård Gymnasium **

Is it normal for Danish schools that students change schools after 9th form?

:previous: Yes, all students change schools after 9th grade as the lower-secondary school ends after 9th grade. You move from the "folkeskole" to the "gymnasium". Same thing Christian did when he moved from Tranegårdsskolen to Herlufsholm (and since Ordrup Gymnasium), what Felix did when he moved from Krebs Skole to Gammel Hellerup Gymnasium and so forth.

In Isabella's case, Ingrid Jespersens Gymnasieskole (a "folkeskole") actually has its own "gymnasium" so she could have opted to continue on the school's campus and within the same institution, but it would still technically be a change of schools.

:previous: Yes, all students change schools after 9th grade as the lower-secondary school ends after 9th grade. You move from the "folkeskole" to the "gymnasium". Same thing Christian did when he moved from Tranegårdsskolen to Herlufsholm (and since Ordrup Gymnasium), what Felix did when he moved from Krebs Skole to Gammel Hellerup Gymnasium and so forth.

In Isabella's case, Ingrid Jespersens Gymnasieskole (a "folkeskole") actually has its own "gymnasium" so she could have opted to continue on the school's campus and within the same institution, but it would still technically be a change of schools.

What is known about Øregård Gymnasium ?

:previous: Frederik and Joachim's old school (and the late Count Flemming af Rosenborg is also a former student). Its school building is absolutely ravishing.

My personal impression of the school has always been that it's for the kids who don't fancy living in Næstved (meaning: it's the same type of people who go to Herlufsholm) :D

It might well have changed since me and my peers were "gymnasium" age though but I'd maintain there's bit more variety in social class of the student body of, say, Christian and Felix's schools (all 3 schools are located in the Hellerup-Gentofte area).

My guess is that Isabella probably chose ØG because that's the school she and her friend group have thrown their love on. That's usually how it goes.

Last edited:
These events are expected to take place on the day Prince Christian turns 18.

If the events turn out like on Crown Prince Frederik's 18th birthday, then the day starts with a council of state at Christiansborg Castle, where the young heir to the throne signs a declaration that he wants to comply with the constitution, and then he is appointed as regent for Denmark. In this way, in line with his parents, Prince Joachim and Princess Benedikte, he can handle the government of the country when the Queen is away.
After the Council of State, a carriage ride to Amalienborg is expected, where Prince Christian will be celebrated from the balcony of Christian 9's Palace, and in the evening there will likely be a gala dinner at Christiansborg Castle.
During the day, Queen Margrethe will also honor Christian with the Order of the Elephant, which is Denmark's oldest and most distinguished order of chivalry.
https://www.herognu.dk/kongelige/prins-christians-store-valg-nu-er-det-snart-alvor/1054425

Last edited:
If he is indeed to sign the above mentioned declaration (which would make sense), Christian cannot act as regent (only his father can as the heir), he can act as Rigsforstander, like his mother, uncle and great-aunt.

The main difference between Christian and Frederik of course is that Frederik was the crown prince when he turned 18, while Christian isn't yet. Nonetheless, I wouldn't be surprised if his 18th birthday largely follows the same program. I definitely expect him to receive the Order of the Elephant for example - and the DRF loves their gala dinners.

I am not hugely suprised by the switch to a new school since Ingrid Jørgensen always felt like a short tearm solution to the Herlufholm problem. And having her change to Øregård solves a few problems. She gets out of the city (makes it easier for her protection team), she choses a good school the family knows and one asumes trusts.

It is different from the one Christian goes to and finaly she will probably - without making to fine a point out of it - be surrounded by people she is more likely to make long term friends with. I hesitate to use the tired frase Richs Kids but, you know what I am saying...

All in all it just seems like a better fit...Certainly better than Ingrid Jørgensen...

Will Christian receive an appanage when he turns 18? Just wondering if there will be a discussion with the result that he will decline it á la Amalia of NL.

Will Christian receive an appanage when he turns 18? Just wondering if there will be a discussion with the result that he will decline it á la Amalia of NL.

Although the Crownprince couple have said that some decision/discussion will be made about/with the children regarding the appanage seemingly indicating that not all of them will receave it, I think it is a pretty save bet that at least Christian will. Although he might get someting that looks like a real job, I cant really see the future king having a normal pay situation. Same with Isabella - unless she makes it clear from the start that she wants nothing and is prepared to make her own way completely, probably meening with a lot less Royal duties.

Which might happen. As we have seen in England, simply being "the spare, is not exactly all it is cracked up to be..."

Although the Crownprince couple have said that some decision/discussion will be made about/with the children regarding the appanage seemingly indicating that not all of them will receave it, I think it is a pretty save bet that at least Christian will. Although he might get someting that looks like a real job, I cant really see the future king having a normal pay situation. Same with Isabella - unless she makes it clear from the start that she wants nothing and is prepared to make her own way completely, probably meening with a lot less Royal duties.

Which might happen. As we have seen in England, simply being "the spare, is not exactly all it is cracked up to be..."
Aren't you mixing up the crown prince couple's statement about titles (made after the loss of princely titles for Joachim's children) with something about their appanage? It has been made clear a long time ago that of the new generation only Christian will get an appanage.

The question seems to be when he will start receiving it. Will he -like Elisabeth in Belgium and Amalia in the Netherlands- decide to postpone it or will he start receiving it immediately after turning 18 (while unlike them, he is not even the heir yet)?

I am not hugely suprised by the switch to a new school since Ingrid Jørgensen always felt like a short tearm solution to the Herlufholm problem. And having her change to Øregård solves a few problems. She gets out of the city (makes it easier for her protection team), she choses a good school the family knows and one asumes trusts.

It is different from the one Christian goes to and finaly she will probably - without making to fine a point out of it - be surrounded by people she is more likely to make long term friends with. I hesitate to use the tired frase Richs Kids but, you know what I am saying...

All in all it just seems like a better fit...Certainly better than Ingrid Jørgensen...

I'm not sure I get your point? Ingrid Jespersens Gymnasieskole is a very renowned school and without revealing too much, I know that several of M&F's peers have had children at the school – so Bella was certainly surrounded by people she'll make long-term friends with there as well.

And as for trust? Bella has been completely guarded at IJG for the past year. Rather, I think it was quite telling that Christian had never had his face blasted on social media more than during his year at Herlufsholm...

That said, a good handful of IJG student decide to do their gymnasie years elsewhere. I went to Copenhagen's other big "gymnasieskole", N. Zahles, and it's very common for there to be a shift between 9th grade and 1.g where a number of students want to try something new (and there's also a large intake of new students who only do their upper secondary schooling there).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom