HM Queen Elizabeth II​ - Rest In Peace
The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 09-07-2021, 05:21 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blog Real View Post
Aren't these two men the bouncers?
Is this Princess Isabella's friend known? Do you know who it is?
I sure would like to answer your questions, but I can't see any of them.

Old 09-07-2021, 05:31 PM
Courtier

I think that they were received at the van they arrived in by maybe a security person from the stadium that walked them inside.....at least that is what it looked like to me. Not sure who the bearded gentleman in the puffer vest is.

Old 09-08-2021, 11:30 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blog Real View Post
Aren't these two men the bouncers?
Is this Princess Isabella's friend known? Do you know who it is?
Bouncers from the stadium? No. Fairly positive at least one of the men accompanying them is a PET officer.

No to the latter.

Old 09-15-2021, 12:46 PM
Courtier

Sweet gallery of Prince Vincent

https://www.billedbladet.dk/kongelig...ende-udvikling
Old 09-19-2021, 02:43 PM
Majesty

Picture of Isabella at the football match a few weeks back.
https://cdn.herognu.dk/wp-content/up...g-1392x890.jpg
Old 09-21-2021, 01:29 PM
Courtier

Article about event at Christian's school on the 25th....a feast day it seems.
https://www.billedbladet.dk/kongelig...re-ungdomsfest
Old 09-21-2021, 02:00 PM
Imperial Majesty

Yes, an annual traditional event, including bird-shooting. - A medieval celebration, where the best archers shot at wooden-birds perched at poles. The best becoming "bird-king".
Later on that progressed to muskets and other muzzle-loaders. (Frederik and Joachim attend an annual bird-shoot BTW.)
I don't know what the students at Herlufsholm use nowadays to hit those birds. Air-guns perhaps?

This festivity, having taken place for centuries, of course includes a lot of traditions that Christian, along with the other new students, are introduced to.
Old 09-21-2021, 02:07 PM
Courtier

Thanks for the explanation!

Is this something parents attend too? I ask because unfortunately Frederik and Mary have two events that day including the CPC Awards.
Old 09-21-2021, 02:52 PM
Imperial Majesty

Having seen this video of a previous bird-shooting at Herlufsholm, I don't think parents are present, at least not the whole day.
It appears to be a merry and wet... event.

But I understand that former students can visit and watch a procession early in the day.

Old 09-21-2021, 03:07 PM
Courtier

Wow....that looks like a major rager...lol. Prom night gone wild!
Old 09-21-2021, 09:27 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhler View Post
Having seen this video of a previous bird-shooting at Herlufsholm, I don't think parents are present, at least not the whole day.

But I understand that former students can visit and watch a procession early in the day.

Thanks Muhler: the 'wet' intrigues me...do you know what they are drinking? It doesn't look like beer (I can't imagine beer at a high school but this is perhaps Danish tolerance?)
Old 09-22-2021, 12:00 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
https://herlufsholm.dk/nyheder/fugleskydning-2021/

The schedule for this all day event

Parents are/can be present during the day, as are "old-Herlovians" (former students) and there's a dance in the evening. Don't know if Christian's parents are able to attend as they have to be in Jelling after 4pm.

"Bird shooting extends throughout the day, and we therefore keep the day program alcohol-free for students."

" From noon it is possible for parents and guests to buy wine, beer, soft drinks and various soft drinks in the school stalls - the sales profit goes as always to SOS Children's Villages and the Students' Travel Fund - but the alcohol is only for parents and guests - and not for the students . It is not allowed to bring drinks to the Bird Shooting.
Old 09-22-2021, 10:38 AM
Imperial Majesty

Well, it sure wasn't lemonade they poured into the mugs with milk!
That was beer and a bitter.
I watched three videos, in all of them the mugs with milk was diluted with beer and what looked like liqueur.

Nothing out of the ordinary in that, beer-drinking is very common at high-school parties, also on the high school grounds, while partying.
So I guess it was party-time, when the former students and the parents left.

Danish teenagers drink a lot! And have been drinking a lot for at least 40 years.
We can discuss whether that is a bad thing or should be tolerated.
After becoming a parent myself, my view on teenagers drinking changed a quite a bit. Somewhat hypocritical I must admit, since I had my share of beers when I was young.

Anyway, Christian is here experiencing what must be considered normal high-school life in DK.
Old 09-22-2021, 04:16 PM
Nobility

I have never heard of beer and milk being mixed together! It sounds awful!
Old 09-22-2021, 04:22 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsJulie View Post
I have never heard of beer and milk being mixed together! It sounds awful!
Nor have I.
But I guess after the first five beers, the taste-buds are sufficiently numb for it to be downed without problems.
Old 09-22-2021, 07:39 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Nor have I.
But I guess after the first five beers, the taste-buds are sufficiently numb for it to be downed without problems.
Clearly; it must be a new health trend! Thanks for your response, but I don't think I will give this beverage a try
Old 09-23-2021, 02:39 AM

Not sure what beer is like mixed with milk but beer with a scoop of ice cream tastes really good. Coffee or vanilla flavoured is best. I would imagine it's similar.
Old 09-23-2021, 10:21 AM
Imperial Majesty

Icecream? Well, perhaps it is. I assumed it was milk, because it looks like milk.

I'm clearly a puritan, as I have always drunk my beer undiluted so to speak.

Anyway, despite the birdshooting having been postponed this year, I hope they have fun tomorrow. The weather should be reasonably good.
And considering that the day has been filmed the past years - and in good quality - Christian may make an appearance in the background in the next film uploaded to YouTube?

I didn't look for Nikolai in the three videos I checked, but perhaps he was there somewhere?
Old 10-04-2021, 07:53 AM
Courtier

Christian backstage with a couple of friends at a kesi show. He's seen in the 5th photo of this link posted by kesi on his IG acct.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CUk8pKyN...dium=copy_link
Old 10-04-2021, 09:43 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzie View Post
Christian backstage with a couple of friends at a kesi show. He's seen in the 5th photo of this link posted by kesi on his IG acct.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CUk8pKyN...dium=copy_link

Is Prince Christian old enough to drink alcohol? It looks like it is beer what he is holding in his plastic cup, but I can't tell for sure (it could be a soda).

This time it doesn't look like it is mixed with milk or ice cream (see previous posts).