Christian, Isabella, Vincent and Josephine, News Part 3: November 2015 - June 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
(..)

Christian's new photo is lovely. IMO he is going to have a very busy year ahead of him.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lovely photos of Prince Vincent and Princess Josephine. Hard to believe they're 12 already.

But how is it possible?!? They were born yesterday, their baptism was ... yesterday?!! Good lord, time does fly. Best wishes to those two little bundles of joy!

Vincent and Josephine seem like they were born yesterday but it's been 12 years. Time flies by. Many congratulations to them.

Congrats to the twins. My how time flies. There's something innately regal about Josephine, she reminds me of her great aunt P. Benedickte and her great grandmother Q. Ingrid.

Prince Christian will celebrate his 18th birthday on the 15th of October. "Billed Bladet" says Prince Christian's 18th birthday will be celebrated festively across Denmark from morning.

Thus, on Prince Christian's birthday, October 15, the flag will be officially raised for the first time in Denmark, says the Ministry of Justice website.

https://www.billedbladet.dk/kongeli...ligt-indslag-paa-prins-christians-18-aars-dag

https://www.justitsministeriet.dk/temaer/flagning/flagdage/

Jon Bloch Skipper wrote in his BILLED-BLADET mailbox that Prince Christian is due to celebrate his 18th birthday with a gala dinner which will be broadcast live on television.

https://www.billedbladet.dk/kongeli...nart-vilde-oplevelser-i-vente-prins-christian

I wish lilleprinsen a fantastic year, because, oh boy, his privacy will end as soon as he comes of age. :sad:

15th October is a Sunday. That's perfect. Non-stop coverage all day long.

15th October is a Sunday. That's perfect. Non-stop coverage all day long.

Will Prince Christian even be reported on as he enters church on Sunday and as he leaves church on Sunday? :photo::photo:

Prince Christian will celebrate his 18th birthday on the 15th of October. "Billed Bladet" says Prince Christian's 18th birthday will be celebrated festively across Denmark from morning.

Thus, on Prince Christian's birthday, October 15, the flag will be officially raised for the first time in Denmark, says the Ministry of Justice website.

https://www.billedbladet.dk/kongeli...ligt-indslag-paa-prins-christians-18-aars-dag

https://www.justitsministeriet.dk/temaer/flagning/flagdage/

Jon Bloch Skipper wrote in his BILLED-BLADET mailbox that Prince Christian is due to celebrate his 18th birthday with a gala dinner which will be broadcast live on television.

https://www.billedbladet.dk/kongeli...nart-vilde-oplevelser-i-vente-prins-christian

No, Mr Bloch Skipper writes that he might celebrate with a tv-transmitted gala dinner. So far we've heard nothing official about the celebrations except his birthday becoming a flag day.

Will Prince Christian even be reported on as he enters church on Sunday and as he leaves church on Sunday? :photo::photo:
I highly doubt that the Prince attends church on a regular basis so except there's a church service as part of his birthday celebrations we're unlikely to see that happen. Also, even if he did attend church on Sundays I'd doubt that the media would bother him since it's a private matter.

Last edited by a moderator:
the future of prince christian, isabella, vincent and josephine

some of media tell, that prince christian seems to be very careless and he don't care about monarchy, but I don't believe it. Danish media say also that princess Isabella can be a huge support for him and prince Vincent and Josephine can live in private life. What do you think? Who will be their spouses? What is your opinion about danish royals's life in 2030s?

I think it's too early to speculate about their future. They are teenagers (barely one for the twins). A 28-year-old Christian could very well act differently than an 18-year-old Christian.

some of media tell, that prince christian seems to be very careless and he don't care about monarchy, but I don't believe it. Danish media say also that princess Isabella can be a huge support for him and prince Vincent and Josephine can live in private life. What do you think? Who will be their spouses? What is your opinion about danish royals's life in 2030s?

Prince Christian looks like a typical popular 17-year-old boy to me. In time, I am sure he will mature and grow into his role. Many people had a similar impression of Christian's father when he was young, but Frederik turned out to be an OK Crown Prince.

When Frederik is King and Christian is finished with military service and university, we will probably get to see him closer as a working royal and will be able to make a more informed assessment. The Danish royal house appears to me to take things more slowly than other royal houses.

Last edited:

It is the same story over and over again. Frederik of Denmark had mixed feelings about being the Heir, Willem-Alexander of the Netherlands loathed that his life path was already chiseled in granite, Albert of Monaco had more the image of a playboy than of a serious royal. And look at them now: all settled middle-aged gentlemen with sound families and a clear role. It would be strange when Christian does not feel opposition to the fact that he has, as only Dane, no free choice in life.

Last edited:
Who at that particular age would care a lot about an institution? Many now settled heirs and Kings, being 17, like anybody else, had other things on their minds or perhaps even struggled with the perspective! I think what they care about is the structure they are used since their birth, their family etc. That does not mean they are against the monarchy but, again like anyone else, the focus is different (personal interests, friends, first love, education, sports, stuff like that) and still has to mature.

What exactly is the source for that?

I feel I follow the Danish media pretty close and I don't recall any of them saying that :ermm:

Who at that particular age would care a lot about an institution? Many now settled heirs and Kings, being 17, like anybody else, had other things on their minds or perhaps even struggled with the perspective! I think what they care about is the structure they are used since their birth, their family etc. That does not mean they are against the monarchy but, again like anyone else, the focus is different (personal interests, friends, first love, education, sports, stuff like that) and still has to mature.

It should be added that Christian, unlike other similar-aged royals like Leonor, is not the heir apparent yet. He is only second in line. So there is no need for him to take up royal duties prematurely (like Felipe as Prince of Asturias, who made his first official overseas trip alone when he was only 15).

And, as I said, I also think the Danish royal family is comparatively more relaxed and takes things more slowly. Denmark is a small country and the royal workload is comparatively lighter. Christian has plenty of time and room to concentrate on the things you said (sports, education, socializing, girlfriends, etc.) before he has to step up.

What exactly is the source for that?

I feel I follow the Danish media pretty close and I don't recall any of them saying that :ermm:
Agree. I haven't seen or heard anything about this either.
Neither have I. Although Swedish I keep myself updated on both regular Danish news and the royal news through TV, papers and podcasts and I've never heard anything about Prince Christian being careless or disrespectful about his future position. If he did we'd not even have this discussion since a certain reporter would be all over it.

Prince Christian must already be well aware of his role in the monarchy and in his country.
I never read anything in the Danish press about Christian not caring about the monarchy. I believe Christian cares about the monarchy and the role he will have to play in his country.
But Christian is still a 17-year-old. But we still haven't seen any interviews with Christian nor know his opinions. Maybe when Christian turns 18 in October...

Prince Christian must already be well aware of his role in the monarchy and in his country.
I never read anything in the Danish press about Christian not caring about the monarchy. I believe Christian cares about the monarchy and the role he will have to play in his country.
But Christian is still a 17-year-old. But we still haven't seen any interviews with Christian nor know his opinions. Maybe when Christian turns 18 in October...

The Danish RF is not under the same kind of stress that other RFs live in. Denmark is a small, quiet and wealthy country. The monarchy is popular and the republican movement is not significant. The controversy about the titles of Prince Joachim’s children was really the first big public embarrassment for the Queen in many years, the antics of her deceased husband notwithstanding.

In an environment like that, Christian could even afford to be “ careless” for a while, but I am not saying that he is or that the media think he is.

I feel like Christian is a bit of blank page right now. We have seen him so far only at photo shoots, parties, concerts, soccer / basketball/ handball games , or other sports-related activities. He definitely looks and acts like a teenage boy, but he is only 17 anyway. We really don’t know what he thinks about any more “ serious” issues or about his constitutional role, but I don’t think there is much public interest to know that at this point anyway.

As I said, he benefits from being a member of a relaxed royal family in a relatively carefree country. Other royal teens do not have the same luck.

I apologize if I am stereotyping, but I am just sharing my personal impression.

Last edited:
I have the opposite impression of Christian. He seems to be a serious and poised young man. In video where he's performing an official duty with his parents, he seems focused and engaged.

In fact, all the current heirs seem to be self-confident and mature. They'll make gaffes and have private moments become public, but I don't get a negative vibe from any of them.

I think Christian has done quite well so far seeing that he is only 17 and not the heir yet.
He has done events with either one of his parents and answered press questions.
Last summer during the memorial for shooting victims.
https://www.instagram.com/p/CfpLY81j6mH/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

During the reunification celebrations it was him with the Queen and Crown Prince
https://www.instagram.com/p/CQDuvemAGfZ/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

He seems a bit more confident then Frederik at that age but then again at 17 Frederik was the heir and didn't have the best hands on support he needed.

He seems a caring older brother too at numerous occasions.

I agree, Prince Christian aka Mini John Donaldson aka Lilleprinsen, seems to be level-headed and poised. I particularly like how caring he seems to be of his siblings. I'm pretty sure Frederik is making sure his heir is trained properly and feels heard, so as not to feel lost like he did.

He has a private IG account (just like Felix) and no drama has come out of there. So, he is aware of his position.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom