Christian, Isabella, Vincent and Josephine, News Part 3: November 2015 - June 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Seriously?....:ermm: I think you are basing this on very little.

Uh, I specifically said "not because she is a problem or anything". Yes, seriously, I do get the feeling Isabella lately is not especially content with things. Considering both her father and grandmother went abroad to school, it wouldn't even be anything new.

Last edited by a moderator:
Isabella. Between things like backtalking her mother and not appearing very impressed or excited by farmor's Golden Jubilee dinner, I would say she appears to have now reached the point where she is completely teenager instead of royal. :)

Might she be the next one to go to school abroad? Not because she is a problem in any way, just that she might prefer a change of scenery for a while?

(..)

I'm curious as to how Isabella's expression in the dinner photo differs from Nikolai's? Neither is Colgate-smiling but somehow Isabella is the only one who receives comments for her expression. And mainly I'm curious as to why people think you can derive a lack of excitement from one photograph of a teenager.

She also wasn't "back-talking" her mother. I'd say she made that little remark pretty directly to her face :D In any way, nothing that most other 14-year-olds wouldn't do in the same situation.

(..)

Two photographs. I am pretty sure Isabella knows how to look happier for the camera if she wants. Nikolai is an adult living his own life. It's a rather different situation. (He also doesn't look "over it", just composed.)

And "back-talking" is talking back, usually to one's face. ?

Alexia and Leonor (and formerly Elisabeth) are also normal teenagers and they are all at UWC.

(..)

I'm curious as to how Isabella's expression in the dinner photo differs from Nikolai's? Neither is Colgate-smiling but somehow Isabella is the only one who receives comments for her expression. And mainly I'm curious as to why people think you can derive a lack of excitement from one photograph of a teenager.

She also wasn't "back-talking" her mother. I'd say she made that little remark pretty directly to her face :D In any way, nothing that most other 14-year-olds wouldn't do in the same situation.

To me, Isabella doesn’t look any less enthusiastic than Nikolai and Marie in the family dinner photo, or Nikolai and Frederik in the second group shot (her facial expression in that photo is actually identical to her father’s).

Isabella. Between things like backtalking her mother and not appearing very impressed or excited by farmor's Golden Jubilee dinner, I would say she appears to have now reached the point where she is completely teenager instead of royal. :)

Might she be the next one to go to school abroad? Not because she is a problem in any way, just that she might prefer a change of scenery for a while?

Where are we getting that Isabella was backtalking? I must have missed it:)

Ah, that was at the Bird-shooting at Herlufsholm last year.

This tradition and the party that follow was described in detail here.

It looks to me like the... eh... mood is high.

The Crown Prince Couple's eldest son, Prince Christian, participated with his friends and fellow students in a special information day at Herlufsholm School.
In connection with the Volunteer Week, Prince Christian and the approximately 125 other students were invited to an information day at the school about volunteer work.
https://www.billedbladet.dk/kongelige/danmark/prins-christians-dejlige-dag-med-kammeraterne
https://billedbladet-prod.imgix.net...op=focalpoint&auto=format&ixlib=imgixjs-3.4.0
https://billedbladet-prod.imgix.net...op=focalpoint&auto=format&ixlib=imgixjs-3.4.0

Last edited:
Ah, they are being assigned.

I cannot help thinking that for some of the pupils at Herlufsholm, the concept of working is a quite novel experience... :D

Hi! In Denmark is tradition to celebrate the 15th birthday? In South America is a milestone for every girls life and usually their parents throw a gala celebration (the fist one with long dresses and boys go with tuxedo) and in some cases one a year a high class club organices a gala for their members daughters.

Hi! In Denmark is tradition to celebrate the 15th birthday? In South America is a milestone for every girls life and usually their parents throw a gala celebration (the fist one with long dresses and boys go with tuxedo) and in some cases one a year a high class club organices a gala for their members daughters.

No, there is nothing special about the 15th birthday.
It does happen that some who opt to be confirmed have a bigger 15th birthday celebration instead, but that's about it.

I'm aware of the South American tradition, but we have nothing like that in DK.

15 in DK is the age of consent. And it's also the age where you can be sentenced and imprisoned as a juvenile.

I love Isabellas new haircolour!

And it is lovely to see that she seems to have such a good relationship to her grandmother that they attend church together.

That is one delighted farmor!

And Isabella looks very adult in these photos.

I love Isabellas new haircolour!

And it is lovely to see that she seems to have such a good relationship to her grandmother that they attend church together.

I don’t agree about the hair color. It looks a bit too harsh. JMHO

Lovely to see Princess Isabella with the queen today at church!

Isabella does not look thrilled. I like her comfortable outfit and that she is with her Grandmother. Her hair style is fine, but the color is a bit to dark for her complexion. If Isabella dyed her hair herself, she may not realize some colors turn out different then one thinks. It may lighten up in time. I think she is branching out a bit and trying new ways. It is hard enough being a teenager, imagine being a Royal teen where everything you do is watched and critiqued by media, the world and of course your family.

IMO Princess Isabella has a very strong resemblance not only to her father but to his cousin Princess Alexia of Greece.

Yeah, she looks like her dad. Christian looks like his mum.

Reminds me of the Kennedy duo.
Girl looked like her dad - Caroline/JFK. Boy looked like his mum - JFK Jr./Jackie

Sons probably look like their mothers because there’s not that much genetic material in the Y chromosome! :cool:

I too am not a major fan of Isabella’s new hair color, but it’s probably a better comment for the fashion thread.

The Palace announced today that Princess Isabella will start at Herlufsholm school in Næstved from the next school year on. Prince Christian is already at Herlufsholm.

The princess is enrolled in the boarding school and begins in 9th grade. Princess Isabella has been a student at Tranegårdskolen in Gentofte since 0th grade.

** kongehuset: H.K.H. Prinsesse Isabella begynder på Herlufsholm **

I find it interesting that she attends for the final year in school at Herlufsholm.

I recall that she during the celebration of Mary, in one of the clips said something about her mother being good to have around if you've had a bad/hard day at school.
So I wonder if she is having problems in one way or another?
It doesn't necessarily have something to do with a subject she could be struggling with. It might just as well be her outgrowing her classmates or doesn't feel she fits in.
Many reasons, is any.

Anyway, Herlufsholm is no big surprise. The children of a number of M&F's friends attend Herlufsholm, so just like Christian she will be among at least some people she know well, and quite a number of other people, she may know through association.
- And perhaps she and a number of friends from her school, simply decided to attend 9th grade at Helufsholm?

What IMO is certain is that Christian must feel very well there.
Because if he didn't it would be less likely that Isabella would go there, even if a number of her and Christian's friends go there.

Perhaps Isabella feels an urge to break free from her parents? It's not unusual that teens, and dare I say often the eldest daughter, benefit from leaving home at an early age.

And thus ends todays dissection of Isabella. ?

Has Princess Isabella specified which college or university she might like to attend?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom