Christian, Isabella, Vincent and Josephine, News Part 3: November 2015 - June 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:lol: Wonderful.

According to the text, someone passing them nicked a couple of popcorn from Isabella's what-do-you-call-it box. Leading to a slightly confused smile from her.
- Hopefully someone they know. As there seems to be a lot of people around they know.
The woman sitting behind them. I'm sure I have seen her before.

:lol: Wonderful.

According to the text, someone passing them nicked a couple of popcorn from Isabella's what-do-you-call-it box. Leading to a slightly confused smile from her.
- Hopefully someone they know. As there seems to be a lot of people around they know.
The woman sitting behind them. I'm sure I have seen her before.

It seemed like they knew quite a few people sitting around them. In the video, Josephine hands her popcorn bucket to a person sitting behind her. Isabella is taking her role of "eldest sibling present" very seriously. And then on the other end you have Vincent looking like an angel calmly eating his popcorn...lol. I think even their "manny" might have advised Josephine that playing "popcorn pong" (I just made that name up) in front of the flashing cameras was not the best idea...lol. He may have been a little more subtle than Isabella's elbow! :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
That's correct. The week long autumn holiday starts this weekend.
The schools are always closed in week 42.

Beforehand it used to be called the "potato-holiday", back when DK was predominantly an agricultural society. And the children were needed for the potato harvest.
That was also crucial for the economy of the country and since the children were kept away from school anyway, it was decided to make a virtue out of necessity, so week 42 was made an annual holiday and has remained so ever since.

That's correct. The week long autumn holiday starts this weekend.
The schools are always closed in week 42.

Beforehand it used to be called the "potato-holiday", back when DK was predominantly an agricultural society. And the children were needed for the potato harvest.
That was also crucial for the economy of the country and since the children were kept away from school anyway, it was decided to make a virtue out of necessity, so week 42 was made an annual holiday and has remained so ever since.

Thanks for the background! I had actually been thinking it was a pretty random week for a school holiday in the middle of October. Glad Christian gets to be home for a few days. And now the fact that Mary and Frederik's calendar didn't show any official engagements makes sense. Probably took a few days to spend with the whole family.

A more than good guess would be the hunting lodge at Trend.
They seem to have established a tradition for spending the autumn holiday there.

It's lovely there at this time of year. Inside a forest (or rather large plantation) it's very dark. And with the wind shaking the leaves off the trees, it's "cuddle-up-under-a-blanket-with-a-mug-of-cocoa-in-front-of-the-fireplace-evenings." - In dim light with candles all over the place and at least later next week, with the rain drumming against the windows.

https://www.bolius.dk/fileadmin/_processed_/9/9/csm_007_16_27b0d82259.jpg

A more than good guess would be the hunting lodge at Trend.
They seem to have established a tradition for spending the autumn holiday there.

It's lovely there at this time of year. Inside a forest (or rather large plantation) it's very dark. And with the wind shaking the leaves off the trees, it's "cuddle-up-under-a-blanket-with-a-mug-of-cocoa-in-front-of-the-fireplace-evenings." - In dim light with candles all over the place and at least later next week, with the rain drumming against the windows.

https://www.bolius.dk/fileadmin/_processed_/9/9/csm_007_16_27b0d82259.jpg

Honestly...that sounds lovely! And it seems to be super private there where they can relax and the kids can have fun and enjoy having their brother home for a few days! Not to mention, I am sure his parents are happy he's home! Sounds perfect actually.

I saw this and wonder if the friend that sent the video in will be invited again. The little royals are definitely growing in a time where everything seems to be posted.
Frederik and Mary seem to value their privacy and especially for their parties inside their homes we hardly get a glimpse.
Lessons will be learned and the circle of friends tighter.

I'm glad Christian was able to celebrate with his family and friends. He is lucky that his birthday falls during fall holidays lol.
And from the glimpse of his reddish tuxedo, he is following in the fashion footsteps of his father and grandfather : )

Glad Christian was able to have what we like to call a "massive rager" for his 16th birthday.

Whoever made that video public, may find themselves off any guest list in the future. Christina, along with the other 3 siblings, will start to learn who they can trust and who is a hanger on with a public social media account. They are growing up in a time where everyone has a social media presence and many are trying to "make themselves happen" by posting a video or photo hoping it goes viral and gets them views or hits on their accounts. But, I do think that Frederik and Mary are very aware of the issues with social media and are guiding the kids to ensure that they are cognizant of them because all it takes is one unfortunate (even if innocent) photo or video and the sharks circle if they smell blood.

And I agree it is a pretty snazzy red/maroon velvet tuxedo jacket he is sporting. Glad he enjoyed his birthday.

I agree. Christian, Isabella, Vincent and Jospehine will have a small group of friends they can trust.
Nowadays with social media people when they are close to a royal or a famous person will always be tempted to share anything on social media.

:previous: A good find.

It has been tradition for years that Mary visit the dress rehearsal for Dancing with the Stars, or whatever you call it in your countries. (Here it's called Wild/crazy about Dancing.)
And here in DK it's aired on Fridays.

Mary has said that she and the girls watch the show. - While the boys and Frederik are in hiding no doubt - where have I seen that situation before, I wonder... ?

However, this time Isabella and Josephine went on their own. (Presumably because Mary was on her way back from Africa.)
Josephine was on the judging panel and gave constructive criticism to the contestants as well as grades.
Josephine was also fascinated by the dresses, when she and Isabella went backstage and chatted with thee contestant.

- Apart from no doubt being fun. It's also a good little exercise for the girls to be on the job alone and learning to small talk with strangers. And that in a safe, informal setting.
No wonder the children have got self confidence when the cameras are on.

I agree Muhler. It is outings like this that are good for them to get good experience.

I follow BBs IG account and they always photos when the show airs.

The show is very popular here in the US and currently airing its 30th season. Will admit I've watched the US version since season 1. The format was initially started with the UK version called Strictly Come Dancing. Now the show runs in a multitude of countries. My mom watches the Spanish version called Mira Quien Baila (Look Who's Dancing).

And yes...I can imagine this is the time of the evening where the guys are in another room watching sports. Lol!

I wish the twins all the best for their 11 th Birthday. I still don't know how they will be able to give up the puppies - they are too cute.

Such lovely photos! Both individually and together.
And with puppies adding to the cuteness factor!

Oh my word...cuteness overload. Josephine was born to be in front of the camera. Love it.

Wonderful photos of the Princely Twins to mark their birthday!

All the best to the birthday children! So cute - he and she, together and with the puppies!

Beautiful photos..I love that they included the latest family additions.

The Crown Princess is quite the photographer. She did a phenomenal job!

Born on my duedate, so I always enjoy seeing their pictures. My own girl was born 9 days late.

Extremely good looking family, all of them are quite handsome.

Isabella. Between things like backtalking her mother and not appearing very impressed or excited by farmor's Golden Jubilee dinner, I would say she appears to have now reached the point where she is completely teenager instead of royal. :)

Might she be the next one to go to school abroad? Not because she is a problem in any way, just that she might prefer a change of scenery for a while?

Isabella. Between things like backtalking her mother and not appearing very impressed or excited by farmor's Golden Jubilee dinner, I would say she appears to have now reached the point where she is completely teenager instead of royal. :)

Might she be the next one to go to school abroad? Not because she is a problem in any way, just that she might prefer a change of scenery for a while?

Seriously?....:ermm: I think you are basing this on very little.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom