Christian, Isabella, Vincent and Josephine, News Part 3: November 2015 - June 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure Christian will be fine. He is young and healthy. It's more his parents that concerns me. They are after all not that young anymore.

Well, they have plenty of room at Amalienborg, so I wonder if one of the parents will look after Christian (and other possibly infected children) and the other will look after his siblings? Perhaps drive those who have tested negative to Fredensborg and live there for a week or so.

Mrs. Muhler and I have discussed it if one of us or our children got infected. And since Mrs. Muhler has a job in elder-care sector, it'll be me who will look after our children, while she will sleep somewhere else. The municipalities have set up facilities for that.
So I guess it would be likely M&F would do something similar.

Anyway, fortunately Christian hasn't been in contact with older members of the DRF, so QMII won't be infected by him.

Frederik and Mary have employees who can look after Prince Christian and will certainly take care of he.
Amalienborg Palace will have enough space for Christian to remain in isolation.

Last edited:
Of course The parents will want to tend their boy Naturally . One will
and the other Can look after the siblings. As mentioned they have both plenty of room and plenty of help and nothing material or monetary to worry about. If I had to get COVID I would choose this set up.

I am very sorry to hear Prince Christian has tested positive for COVID-19. It is my hope of course he will be asymptomatic or with minimal symptoms and no other members of the immediate family test positive. Best wishes and good health to the Danish Royal Family and all of Denmark.

Frederik and Mary have employees who can look after Prince Christian and will certainly take care of you.
Amalienborg Palace will have enough space for Christian to remain in isolation.

I find it really hard to believe, that Christian's parents would let employees look after their son if necessary. They are all in quarantine and I doubt there would be employees around. Food can be put in the lift that goes up to the butlers pantry, if necessary.

All siblings go to the same school. I doubt Christian is the only one of the family who was tested. Had there been more positive tests today, they would surely have let the public know about them too.

BTW, AFAIK, there have been other covid positive royals. Did all members of their immediate family get the virus as well?

So sorry to hear this. Sending good wishes to Christian and the CP family. I also hope that the Danish people will be successful in reducing the spread of this disease.

I find it really hard to believe, that Christian's parents would let employees look after their son if necessary. They are all in quarantine and I doubt there would be employees around. Food can be put in the lift that goes up to the butlers pantry, if necessary.

All siblings go to the same school. I doubt Christian is the only one of the family who was tested. Had there been more positive tests today, they would surely have let the public know about them too.

BTW, AFAIK, there have been other covid positive royals. Did all members of their immediate family get the virus as well?

Very much agree. I'm sure with the outbreak at the school and all 4 attending the same school, all 4 have been tested already. The press release so far has says that the family stays together in isolation for the time being at Amlienborg.
They have enough space (rooms and bathrooms) where Christian can be exclusively while still under the watchful eye of his parents. Luckily at 15 he can do many things without his parents being on him lol.

Wow. I wish Prince Christian a speedy recovery and to have absolutely no future problems with this illness.

All good health to Christian!

Wishing Prince Christian a speedy and full recovery.

Best wishes and a speedy recovery to Prince Christian.

Best wishes for a speedy and full recovery for Christian and any other classmates who have received a positive result.

Hoping a quick recovery for Christian. Thankfully at his age and being in good health it should be easier then some.

In the size of their home it would be easy enough to isolate him. Unless he gets sick enough he needs a parent to nurse him. Keeping him away from his siblings if they havent tested positive, is important.

As expected, and following heath guidelines of quarantine, Frederik and Mary's attendance at events on the 10th and 13th have been cancelled.
Hope for a quick recovery for Christian and a cozy time for the family.

I hope they do. People I know put their daughter in her room and will not let her leave except for the toilet (which is crubbed clean afterwards) and do not enter her room either. Food and drink is passed through a slightly opened door. They do spoil her with nice things to eat, but still.
I really hope that F&M do not take it this far.
As expected, and following heath guidelines of quarantine, Frederik and Mary's attendance at events on the 10th and 13th have been cancelled.
Hope for a quick recovery for Christian and a cozy time for the family.

I hope they do. People I know put their daughter in her room and will not let her leave except for the toilet (which is crubbed clean afterwards) and do not enter her room either. Food and drink is passed through a slightly opened door. They do spoil her with nice things to eat, but still.
I really hope that F&M do not take it this far.

Nor do I! :ohmy:
The poor girl doesn't have bubonic plaque.

I guess that if no other in the M&F family are tested positive by Sunday, they should all be safe - this time.

I also imagine that some of the staff, who for various reasons enter the private areas of the mansion will be tested as a precaution. And presumably Christian's PET details as well.

No its not the bubonic plague. But it is a dangerous virus that could turn deadly for people. And yes limiting his exposure to even his siblings right now is important. Hopefully people will take note when they think 'kids going to school or not wearing a mask is okay because kids dont get sick' do take note. Thankfully Christian is young and healthy it seems, and should make a good recovery from this. But those he came in contact with may not be.

There can be a 7 day incubation period (sometimes it has been up to 11.5 days). Even if his parents and siblings have not tested positive yet, they won't be in the clear for a few more days.

Certainly anyone who has had exposure to him in this time frame including his protection and any servants, should have been tested as well.

https://kongehuset.dk/nyheder/hkh-prins-christian-er-i-dag-testet-positiv-for-covid-19

"His Royal Highness stays in isolation at Frederik VIII's Palace at Amalienborg. Apart from the Crown Prince family, Prince Christian has not been in contact with other members of the royal family in recent times.

In connection with the test response, the Royal House has received advice from the Danish Agency for Patient Safety regarding infection detection and testing of the Crown Prince's family. In the coming days, the family will remain in isolation at Frederik VIII's Palace, until it is safe to break the isolation again according to the current guidelines."

A quick recovery to Christian.
With kids in schools I guess it was only a matter of time for one to be affected.
Frederik and Mary have events the 10th and 13th, no doubt would be cancelled or changed.

I am back after 10 days as I unfortunately tested positive for Covid19 on Friday 27th November. I'm a nurse and it had to happen one day.
I'm good again, but have had a week where I was pretty sick.

I'm sorry to hear that Prince Christian has also tested positive for Covid19.
I wish him the best and fastest recovery. Fortunately, he is a young and strong boy and the young people tend to have mild courses (if they at all have any symptoms).

My thoughts also go to the rest of the Crown Prince family, who I hope will go free of the virus.

I hope Prince Christian plays a lot of Playstation, eat a lot of ice cream and watch a lot of funny videos on Youtube.

It is difficult to isolate oneself in a family, but one comes a long way with keeping a distance.

And yes, so Covid19 also hit the Danish Royal Family. It also had to happen one day.

We can see that Frederik and Mary have canceled their events this week. We do not yet know if it will affect next week's events.
I had otherwise been looking so much forward to on Sunday when the Crown Prince family should have attended a Christmas concert.
I had been looking forward to seeing Frederik, Mary and all 4 children out and about. Cause it has been such a strange corona year and I miss seeing Christian, Isabella, Vincent and Josephine in action :wub:

But all events where we always tend to see them have been canceled.
Most recently the Hubertus Hunt, the ‘Kongejagt’ and now the Christmas concert. And that's just the way it is and should be, but that's don’t mean you can’t miss seeing the CP family :wub: Especially because all four of the children are growing so fast these years. Thanks to F&M for sharing a lot of photos throughout the corona year on the DRF’s social media.

I doubt we will see much to the Crown Prince family's Christmas Eve when they do not spend it with the Queen this year, but I bet a lot that we, as a tradition, soon will get 'The Crown Prince family's annual Christmas greeting'. :flowers:
Although it may be a little delayed all depending on how fast Christian's recovers.

Last edited:
It’s certainly difficult to isolate yourself from your family in the same house! 11 years ago during the H1N1 pandemic I tested positive for the virus. I was still in high school and living at home at the time, so my parents made me self-isolate in my room. My mother left all meals and drinks by my door and while I was very sick and mostly slept, I spent my “awake time” watching television, reading, and of course posting on The Royal Forums! I isolated until I was symptom-free, then cleaned my bathroom myself. Neither of my parents ever got sick. I know it’s not quite as contagious as COVID, but I do think it demonstrates that self-isolation can work. I’m sure the family was exposed when Christian was contagious, but it seems like they caught it at the right time after being alerted to an outbreak at his school.

’m sure the family was exposed when Christian was contagious, but it seems like they caught it at the right time after being alerted to an outbreak at his school.

Not just Christian's school. They are all at the same school.

Last edited:
The Royal House has issued the following press release:

"The Crown Prince Couple and their three younger children have tested negative for COVID-19
Prince Christian has not had symptoms but will continue to stay in isolation in accordance with the guidelines until Monday, 14 December."

https://kongehuset.dk/en/news/the-c...er-children-have-tested-negative-for-covid-19

What great news!
I have thought about the family at home in their isolation. Good to hear that Prince Christian is well and hasn’t had any symptoms and that the rest of the Crown Prince family has tested negative.
I wish Christian a continued symptom-free and good recovery.

Thanks to Frederik and Mary for announcing so quickly and honestly about the things. :flowers:

Last edited:
That's very reassuring. Both for us, but also for M&F as a family. Now they can (hopefully) spend Christmas together.

That is great news. First that Christian has had no symptoms. Secondly, that the rest of the family have tested negative.

This really is excellent news! So glad the Royal House has given an update. And, as Muhler has pointed out, there is still time enough left that the family will be able to spend Christmas together.

i wonder how they picked up that christian had the virus with him displaying no symptoms? would it be that the RF get tested on a regular basis?

i wonder how they picked up that christian had the virus with him displaying no symptoms? would it be that the RF get tested on a regular basis?

I believe that it was mentioned that there was an outbreak at their school. I'm assuming all 4 got tested immediately with only Christian testing positive.
It might have been in his class or group.

I believe that it was mentioned that there was an outbreak at their school. I'm assuming all 4 got tested immediately with only Christian testing positive.
It might have been in his class or group.

There was an outbreak in his class, so I guess all his classmates were tested. But of course we are not told who else might have become infected.

It really illustrates how insidious this virus is. I.e. that so many show very few if any symptoms, but are able to infect others.

However, the virus is running rampant in Copenhagen right now! And I personally believe there will be way more cases after New year.

Oh no, I hope Christian gets well soon and that the rest of the family aren't affected.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom