Christian, Isabella, Vincent and Josephine, News Part 3: November 2015 - June 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you polyesco. I can imagine that Christian and Isabella are glad to join their classmates at school again!

:previous: Especially because they hadn't seen them since December; so it's been about 5 months for them (of course, in between they had other classmates at the international school in Verbier).

The court has confirmed that Christian's confirmation will be postponed until next year:
https://jyllands-posten.dk/indland/ECE12259330/prins-christian-udskyder-sin-konfirmation/

There were hopes to have his confirmation at some point after the summer holidays, but due to the Corona situation that has been postponed.

- The confirmation of the next heir is a notch higher than a mere family event and as such I imagine there would have been considerably more guests present. No doubt also involving his royal godparents as well as representatives of the Danish establishment, government members and so on. Also, a second Corona wave is expected to hit in the autumn.

The court has confirmed that Christian's confirmation will be postponed until next year:
https://jyllands-posten.dk/indland/ECE12259330/prins-christian-udskyder-sin-konfirmation/

There were hopes to have his confirmation at some point after the summer holidays, but due to the Corona situation that has been postponed.

- The confirmation of the next heir is a notch higher than a mere family event and as such I imagine there would have been considerably more guests present. No doubt also involving his royal godparents as well as representatives of the Danish establishment, government members and so on. Also, a second Corona wave is expected to hit in the autumn.

Could you please remind us who his royal godparents are ? Sorry, I know I could have googled it or looked it up on Wikipedia.

Could you please remind us who his royal godparents are ? Sorry, I know I could have googled it or looked it up on Wikipedia.

Of course. ?

I googled it myself and here they are:
Kronprinsesse Victoria af Sverige
Kronprins Haakon af Norge
Kronprinsesse Mette-Marit af Norge
Prins Joachim
Kronprins Pavlos af Grækenland
Jane Stephens
Jeppe Handwerk
Hamish Campbell

Would there be the possibility of Christian and Isabella doing their confirmations together next spring? Given that they only differ 1 1/2 years in age, I am not sure whether they differ one or two years in school (as it seems confirmation is kind of tied to being in a certain grade); is Christian one of the youngest in his class (being born in October - so 2 classes higher than Isabella) or one of the oldest (so, 1 class above Isabella)?

Would there be the possibility of Christian and Isabella doing their confirmations together next spring? Given that they only differ 1 1/2 years in age, I am not sure whether they differ one or two years in school (as it seems confirmation is kind of tied to being in a certain grade); is Christian one of the youngest in his class (being born in October - so 2 classes higher than Isabella) or one of the oldest (so, 1 class above Isabella)?

I guess they could.

I can't imagine Christian's confirmation being postponed further than September next year.
If the Corona situation is still serious by then I guess it will be reduced to a small family event.

In western DK it's most common to be confirmed at the age of fourteen. In Copenhagen it's more common to be confirmed at age fifteen. Don't know why.

Perhaps our resident theologian and soon to be bishop ;) FasterB can help us?

It's a pity that Prince Christian has to postpone his confirmation until next year. I had been looking so much forward to it, just as he and his family certainly had.

But it is logical and understandable that it must be postponed until next year. It is a heir’s confirmation and it is naturally a big event with many people, foreign royals and many family members.

We also need to remember Mary's family is going all the way from Australia.

So one has to be sure a new wave is not hitting and closing part of the world down.

Not least is it a really good signal to send to the population. That a pandemic affects everyone and that first the Queen's birthday, then The Royal Run and now Prince Christian's confirmation is canceled/postphoned shows once again a DRF at eye level and with respect to behave just like the ordinary Dane have to.

I hope it can succeed early next year.

I can't imagine Christian and Isabella getting confirmed together.
Isabella attends two classes under her older brother in school and the Crown Prince couple lets their children follow with their schoolmates, also due to confirmations courses.
So Isabella will first be confirmed in the year 2022.

But we will probably get two confirmations two years in a row ?

Last edited:
I'm sure a lot of boys and girls of Christian's age are experiencing the same thing in Denmark. It's a pity Christian couldn't have his confirmation this year but at least he'll be able to celebrate next year.

:previous:

Aww, what beautiful and sweet twins they are :wub:
F&M makes such beautiful children!

Cute photos of Vincent and Josephine on the tennis court at Gråsten.

I noticed Josephine is right-handed and Vincent is left-handed. We saw that already when they were toddlers.

Truly enjoy Mary share all these little moments with us.

Last edited:
A beautiful picture and video, a small glimpse of the family that is a joy to see. And lovely little message of Frederik's love of tennis being passed to the kids. We saw the family last year at their tennis club. Nice they have a court in Grasten to enjoy.

And Josephine is callled 'Phine' by Frederick in the video. I assume that's the name they usually use for her. Don't do also use 'Bella' for Isabella?!

And Josephine is callled 'Phine' by Frederick in the video. I assume that's the name they usually use for her. Don't do also use 'Bella' for Isabella?!

Yes, you are right.

And Vincer for Vincent, I understand, but not in this video.

Christian would often be Chrisser in DK but I've never heard them call him anything but Christian. (Perhaps on purpose?)

Mary I understand is called Maz by Frederik.
Frederik would normally be Frede in DK and even though he is sometimes called that in the press I've never heard anyone in the family call him anything but Frederik.

Josephine has changed so much over lockdown! I can't tell who she resembles now. Vincent is charming.

Yes, you are right.

And Vincer for Vincent, I understand, but not in this video.

Christian would often be Chrisser in DK but I've never heard them call him anything but Christian. (Perhaps on purpose?)

Frederik would normally be Frede in DK and even though he is sometimes called that in the press I've never heard anyone in the family call him anything but Frederik.

IIRC royal families don't usually use shortened names speciality about heirs. Brits hardly ever call Charles as Charlie or William as Willy. Altough I think that I have heard Victoria being called as Vickan but it seems being quiet rare.

:previous: The British have been known to. Elizabeth was Lilibet. Harry's actual name is Henry. Edward VIII was known as David (though that was a middle name and not nickname). William was known as wombat by his mother.

In Denmark we have Margarethe who is known as Daisy.

As nicknames are often used in private amongst family, we don't know which royals may have had a nickname.

Christian may very well have a nickname. They just seem to be careful to use it only in private if he does.

The tennis video is nice to see. And the comment about Fred sharing his love for tennis with his kids :flowers:

Maz...:argh:
AFAIK, he has been documented using Maz once in one interview for something Australian.

About Josephine. Do Danes say Josephine with an f as in Josefine?
If they do, would that not make in 'Fine', not 'Phine'?

Josephine has changed so much over lockdown! I can't tell who she resembles now.
(...)

You think, hasn’t she just got a haircut.
To me sweet Josephine is all Mary.
I can’t tell who sweet Vincent resembles. Maybe a perfect mix between Frederik and Mary.
But then it is most important they look like themselves :D

It’s not Frederik we can hear in the video, is it ?
I’m pretty sure it is Christian.

(...)

About Josephine. Do Danes say Josephine with an f as in Josefine?
If they do, would that not make in 'Fine', not 'Phine'?

Fine and Phine are pronounced similarly in Danish.
So because Josephine is spelled with ‘ph’, her nickname will be Phine.

I agree with Muhler:

We have heard Vincent is called Vincer.

Isabella is often called Bella.

I haven't heard Christian’s name be shortened neither.

But both Frederik and Mary are often heard calling their children 'skat'. It is the Danish word for honey/sweetheart.

We have heard Frederik call Mary the nickname Maz.
We hear him call her 'skat' and he often refers to her as ‘my wife’.

I've only heard Mary say Frederik or ‘skat’ to Frederik.
But she often refers to Frederik as 'my husband'.

'Skat' is a very common word for your loved ones here in Denmark, and you can easily call your whole household ‘skat’. Both your spouse and children. It's pretty easy when you call at someone... they all answer :D Unless they are teens... then they are not answering at all.

Last edited:
As soon as I clicked on the link I thought “Wow Josephine is a mini Mary!”

You think, hasn’t she just got a haircut.
To me sweet Josephine is all Mary.
I can’t tell who sweet Vincent resembles. Maybe a perfect mix between Frederik and Mary.
But then it is most important they look like themselves :D

Haircuts can make all the difference! :D

Loved seeing the video of the kids playing tennis! Although as a tennis player, I have to say, if they're going to have them as doubles partners they should switch sides and have Vincent on the right and Josephine on the left so that you always have your forehand in the middle of the court (since the forehand shot is usually the strongest for most players). My doubles partner in high school was left-handed and I was right-handed so we always played this way and it really worked :)

Last day of school before the autumn holidays. ⁣

"Like so many other primary school students, the day will be marked by sports on the traditional Schools Exercise Day. It will of course be a different day of exercise than we are used to. But I know that around the whole of Denmark, the day has been organized so that the students can keep the necessary distance, but still maintain the community around exercise and sports enjoyment. I myself get the opportunity to experience it in a little while when I have to visit Level School and their exercise day. I want to wish all students and teachers a good Schools Exercise Day - and at the same time a good autumn holiday."

https://scontent.fath3-3.fna.fbcdn....=d1cd669bdb96e49cfbefdfce6e3cd288&oe=5FA4491E

https://www.instagram.com/p/CGHIkpSgrEr/

Last edited:

How lovely a foursome F&M have! :wub: Like my children and the rest of Denmarks schoolchildren on their way to the Danish Schools Sport Day this early morning.

Love they still live in Kancellihuset in Fredensborg. I wonder how long they will stay.

I wish the family a good Autumn holiday. Maybe they will go to Trend?
F&M have as usual no official events in the childrens holiday week except for one for Mary on Monday, but it is a virtual event, so they could go to Trend as they use to.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom