Christian, Isabella, Vincent and Josephine, News Part 3: November 2015 - June 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
YouTube - only 9 minutes long? I wonder why the rest of the footage is not allowed to be shown on other sites/tv broadcasting company?

YouTube - only 9 minutes long? I wonder why the rest of the footage is not allowed to be shown on other sites/tv broadcasting company?

More a question of no one at present having uploaded a full recording at YouTube.

You could try mail Dr.dk (the state broadcasting network) and ask if they have something you can purchase or whether they can help in other ways. The worst that can happen is that they turn you down.
Other members here on TRF have had luck in contacting dr.dk, Billed Bladet and the court when wishing to know something.

What a magical location for a school! It seems as if the children are excited to start, and it was cute to hear their excitement at wearing a uniform which they wouldn't have had in Denmark (in most of central Europe, it seems to be only private schools and international schools that wear some sort of uniform - Britain is the only place that has the whole thing for most types of school). I thought Josephine also looked like such a mini Mary in these photos! She and Vincent have grown so much.

Last edited:
Great photos , so nice to see a loving family. Mary is good at capturing special moments.

Wonderful birthday pictures Mary has taken of the twins!
Natural and expressive. And out in the nature. As always when we see Marys picture of their children.

Beautiful loving children, Prince Vincent and Princess Josephine.
So much love in that family.

Happy birthday Vincer and Phine ❤️
Already 9 years old. Time flies.

Judging from the landscape and the color of the trees I'd say trend in week 42.
The last photo of Vincent, Isabella and Christian is from Marselisborg. I've been in there myself.

BB has compiled a gallery of Vincent: https://www.billedbladet.dk/kongeli...e-soede-pletskud-af-foedselaren-prins-vincent

And Josephine: https://www.billedbladet.dk/kongeli...e-pletskud-af-foedselaren-prinsesse-josephine

You are right, Muhler.

I saved the files and checked the dates.

The first two pictures of Vincent and Josephine are taken on 15. oktober. So at Christians’s birthday and in the autumn holiday. And the family always use to spend that holiday in the Trend cottage.

The picture with Christian, Isabella and Vincent is taken on 24. December in the afternoon, so yes they were at Marselisborg.

The picture with Josephine with the horse is taken in start November.

Last edited by a moderator:
Such sweet photos - especially the second! I can't believe Vincent and Josephine are 9 already.

The four brothers and sisters always seem so caring and friendly to each other. Fred has done a truly excellent job on creating a loving and properly ROYAL home life (though it must be hard to live with those overpowering wall paintings in the palace).

Right? But children grow up and grow distant as personalities and circumstances change. That’s just life. Certain Recent Royal events are showing this all to clearly.

I assume that's exactly why Camelot shared her wish for these siblings to remain close. Luckily, they have the example of among others their grandmother and her two sisters. While living far from each other, they seem to have a good and rather close relationship. And we could point to many more royal siblings who do (while we unfortunately also can point to several who don't).

Such sweet photos - especially the second! I can't believe Vincent and Josephine are 9 already.

HereditaryPrincess, I do agree! Where have the years gone by for Vincent and Josephine? People did not know what their names would be until the time of their christening.

Does anyone know what the two Royal commentators are saying here? I would love to know? Baby is so alert!

:previous:

They were pretty much mentioning those who congratulated Mary in particular.
They talked about Christian voicing his displeasure in the church, but he is wide-eyed and in good mood here. - For a period though...

(It was a nice touch that Frederik and Joachim's nanny, Else Pedersen, had been invited. She looked after them and was in many ways a substitute parent for them, well into their twenties.)

QMII was standing next to her very close friend, Susanne Heering.

Thank you so much.
Wish I could have seen all the Christening in its entirety; even on an old VHS tape.

Prince Christians’s confirmation 2020

As you all know the court has confirmed that Prince Christian will get confirmed this year in the Spring. He is following confirmations classes with his schoolmates.

But due to the corona virus all confirmations in Denmark are now postponed until after Pentecost in early June.

https://www.dr.dk/nyheder/indland/aarets-konfirmander-maa-vente-coronavirus-udskyder-konfirmationer

It is a pity for Christian and all the other coming confirmers, but you could say that confirmations fortunately can’t be canceled, but just postponed. So I hope and I'm sure we will get a nice celebration of Prince Christian's confirmation. Just later. I am missing some big celebrations in the Crown Prince family and I am looking forward to Prince Christian being in focus of his big day.

And then I look on it in a positive way - it might be a lovely summer/late summer confirmation instead :flowers:

Last edited:
Okay I now see among my friends that many of the Danish confirmations have been postphoned to early/mid September.
So we will probably get a early autumn confirmation for Prince Christian.

If the world’s situation has been better at that time of course. Let’s hope so!

She looks more grown up in the photo. A bit more like the new teen she is. :flowers:

Happy birthday Isabella.

Beautiful sweet Bella! ❤️ Now a teen. Time flies.. Happy birthday. Beautiful new and old pictures of her! Mary takes wonderful naturals photos! I love Mary gave us her private pictures through Bella’s life - especially love the one of Bella dressed in a Princess dress :D

Beautiful sweet Bella! ❤️ Now a teen. Time flies.. Happy birthday. Beautiful new and old pictures of her! Mary takes wonderful naturals photos! I love Mary gave us her private pictures through Bella’s life - especially love the one of Bella dressed in a Princess dress :D

Looks like she was playing Aurora/sleeping beauty :flowers:?

Reminds me of a recent photo of Gabriella of Monaco in a little Mermaid dress. I guess even real life princesses like to play Disney once in a while :cool:

Two interesting articles about Isabella's future based on what historians and royal experts, Lars Hovbakke Sørensen and Sebastian Olden-Jørgensen, have to say.

https://www.bt.dk/royale/prinsesse-isabella-er-saerlig-hun-bliver-den-foerste
https://www.bt.dk/royale/prinsesse-isabella-fylder-13-aar-derfor-skiller-hun-sig-ud

Summed up very briefly:
Christian is ensured an apanage when he grows up.
The seven other of QMII's grandchildren will not get an apanage.
But,

Being the spare, Isabella will get a lot of attention and she is expected to take on a number of royal duties, have protections, go on travels, be Rigsforstander from time to time.
That means she is likely to get an education that is relevant for such duties, like studying political science as well as her own interest.
There will also be limitations to what she can do and make a living from, due to her close affiliation to the throne. - So no catwalk for Isabella, like for her cousin Nikolai.
So she will at least be a part-time royal.
Also, Isabella is extrovert. That's an advantage.

And if the Parliament decides that she is worth it, they can decide to grant her an apanage.

- Well, that is very much in line with my own thoughts.
Isabella is the official spare and there is a chance that she or her children will end up on the throne. - It only takes a skiing accident...
Also, there is no guarantee that Christian will have children, nor is his sexual orientation determined yet, at least by the public. (And is a child conceived by sperm from Christian and an egg-donor in line with the Law of Succession? And if Isabella has children, would they have precedence? Is cloning an option? Would it be acceptable by the public? Etc.)
Anyway, I think it's obvious she will become a "Joachim" = able to support herself, but at the very least granted a generous expense account.
To that I will add that as the first teen-princess in the DRF for decades, and a high-ranking one at that, she will attract huge interest!
Teen-princesses gets more attention than teen-princes, whether it's fair or not.

Thanks, Polyesco. :flowers:

FYI: The videos on BB's site can't be viewed using Firefox.

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't believe Isabella is a teenager already. It seems like only yesterday she was the little girl licking the windows at Margrethe's birthday celebrations! :D
I love the photo of her in the Disney dress too - it's always funny to me to see the young royals playing dress up princes and princesses, but that means they're just like any other child.

https://www.billedbladet.dk/kongeli...sephine-og-prins-vincent-undervises-i-det-fri

Let's have a look at how Vincent and Josephine's days are at school.

This is according to the directives laid out by Gentofte municipality under which Tranegåards School adhere. And again according to the guidelines issued by the government.

Vincent and Josephine arrive at school between 8-9, in order to prevent everybody from showing up at the same time.

Once checked in, the pupils will be taught from 9-13, with extra distancing between the pupils. (Who have also been divided into smaller groups than their ordinary class.) A good deal will take place outside. That includes a small park very close to the school or at the beach ten minutes walk from the school.
The pupils wash their hands at regular intervals.

Christian and Isabella are still being taught online. - Being older children it is expected they can better maintain self-discipline and focus on online schooling.

Tak Muhler.

Has there been an update as to when the older students will be returning to their classes?

Tak Muhler.

Has there been an update as to when the older students will be returning to their classes?

You are welcome. ?

Yes, on Monday.

In various ways depending on the school and municipalities.

Most classes are to be divided into two classes, that will be taught separately or take turn attending online. Because despite the restrictions is now down to one meter between the pupils, it's still too much for an entire class to fit into one classroom.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom