Christening of Princess Isabella: July 1, 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think she will. She wore the headpiece to both Christians and Isabellas Christenings so with that in mind I'd expect her to wear it to the third one if there is one.

I'm sure that as with all new families Mary is keen to start traditions with hers and the headpeice that she wore at both Christenings (and perhaps more:neutral:) will be something that she treasures. Traditions are great.

I think she will. She wore the headpiece to both Christians and Isabellas Christenings so with that in mind I'd expect her to wear it to the third one if there is one.
As crissCross1 said too- it is a beautiful tradition and the headpiece is stunning- being that it is cream it goes with most colours anyway- just to let you know i am NOT trying to rush them into another pregnancy just yet...:whistling::panda:

Bets on baby Bella boom

Princess Mary threw an Aussie-style pool party to celebrate the weekend christening of her Isabella.
Guests who attended the Fredensborg Palace Chapel in their Sunday best changed into togs for the post-baptism celebrations.
The casual luncheon spilled into a night-long party that finished some time after midnight.
Some of the cream of Danish society were photographed walking down the driveway carrying their bathers.

Bets on baby Bella boom | Mercury - The Voice of Tasmania
Wouldn't you have LOVED to have been a fly on the wall at that pool Party- how much fun would they have had...:flowers:

Last edited by a moderator:
It's true, that's such an Aussie thing to do :lol: Love it!

As for the 'gifts'...I say it's about time a new tiara made an appearance. Give us something to 'squeel' with excitement about.

Last edited:
Love the name Isabella and it's so cool that all her names are from her mother, maternal grandmother, paternal great-grandmother, paternal grandmother. She's such a cute baby!

I'm sure that as with all new families Mary is keen to start traditions with hers and the headpeice that she wore at both Christenings (and perhaps more:neutral:) will be something that she treasures. Traditions are great.

Ooh! I thought that too! I'm so glad others did. I think the headpiece is beautiful.

I believe both are her "baby rewards."

I'm not a mum ... but I think that is so lovely. I love the idea of the dad giving the mum a 'reward' for the new bub ... I'm tearing up typing this ... such a gesture of love. Wow! :flowers:

Oh I love Christian's little suit, and his little chair! Such a cute little boy.

Will there be official photos of the christening released like there were with Christian's christening?

Thanks

Isabella is a very regal sounding name anyway, so it would befit a princess. I absolutely love it. I'm glad that they put Henrietta in there; I'm sure it's hard on Mary to have this beautiful little girl (and son as well) and her mother isn't there to share in her joy. I would have choked up saying my mom's name if she had passed on.
While she didn't choke up whiile saying her name, I did find one picture of Mary tearing up a little. IBL Bildbyrå | 0435 44 07 65

The chair which Christian is sitting on is a birthday gift to him from his grandmother the Queen. If you look at Christian's order of service booklet in the church you can see pictures have been stuck onto the pages to keep him amused.

Oh I love Christian's little suit, and his little chair! Such a cute little boy.

not too sure whether i like the official pictures or not but its good to see frederik holding P.Isabella, if im not mistaken, i think thats the first shot of her in dad's arms...
Scroll down abit to see big, unwater marked pictures of the christining & big official pictures... http://www.royals.web-log.nl/

Great pictures , everyone looked so happy , must say I thought her lady in waitings (carolines) outfit was lovely ,

What a lovely family! I am starting to like them more and more.:flowers:

It seems to be the perfect family:rolleyes: . . . one little boy, one cute girl, lucky parents . . . rich and beatiful . . .

:angel:

I like the pics, especially the one with the grandparents. Though I have had the feeling that Mrs. Donaldson does not always feel really comfortable in this august society her stepdaughter married into. As a professor, Dr. Donaldson is used to have aquaintances who consider him to be something special and higher up on the social ladder, but for Mars. Donaldson it could well be sometimes daunting to live in Denmark as mother of the Crown Princess.

I guess, too, that Mary's brother and sisters prefer to visit Fred and Mary in private, when they can take their time for each other instead of having public obligations, formal lunches and/or dinners with amounts of dignitaries and public scrutiny whenever they go out for a couple of drinks.

Mary decided she could handle that kind of life and I think she is great in it. But her family not necessarily wants this kind of exposure. Plus it's quite a trip from Tasmania to Copenhagen - I'm not sure there is a direct flight without having to change planes in Sydney or Canberra or elsewhere. So I reckon it's about a 1 1/2 day trip one way! Just for a christening? For them, probably it's even a christening that is not familiar enough... And there is money involved: who can finance such trips all the time? Okay, Fred probably can but still it might feel not alright to rely on the royal relative so much.

But I hope we'll see one day one of Mary's nieces or nephews spending part of their education in Copenhagen and get a glimpse into the life of their aunt. Probably these kids will enjoy it more than their parents. IMHO, of course.

Queen Margrethe always looks terrible. I believe She wore the same dress in the Alexia´s wedding.

I'm not sure there is a direct flight without having to change planes in Sydney or Canberra or elsewhere.

No direct flights out of Australia (let alone Tasmania) to Denmark. Never have been.

Mary's family would either catch a connecting carrier out of (direct from) Melbourne (which is probably the case), or from Melbourne to Sydney and then onto Europe via Singapore or Dubai.

Queen Margrethe always looks terrible. I believe She wore the same dress in the Alexia´s wedding.
I don't think that you can call her looks terrible. She is well-groomed, keeps her figure - and has obviously decided that fashion is not for her - so she has chosen quite her own style :)

No direct flights out of Australia (let alone Tasmania) to Denmark. Never have been.

Mary's family would either catch a connecting carrier out of (direct from) Melbourne (which is probably the case), or from Melbourne to Sydney and then onto Europe via Singapore or Dubai.

What a trip! I believe that we see so many celebrities traveling around the world at all times, so one tend to believe it is normal. Well, it isn't! It's a tough trip and all that for a Royal christening? I guess we have to learn that there are people who simply don't care for the popm and circumstances, but only for their little sis... I like that!

I love this family, Great pictures !!!!!!

Now Mary is fat ? Oh my where is this world going ... :eek:

My opinion on yesterdays fashions: :lol:

Mary: Very appropriate outfit, and beautiful purple color. She looked very sweet, and whereas I think the outfit on January 21, took the attention a bit away from the Christian, this one was perfect. Isabella was the best accessory, and Mary looked more radiant and happy than ever.

Magrethe: Loved it ! Noone else would have been able to wear that, but it was a perfect outfit for Queen Magrethe. She looked fabolous.

Crown Princess Mette-Marit: Lovely coat and I really liked the headband she wore. It's nice to see her finally dressing for her age. She looked very summery.

Crown Princess Victoria: Borring. I like Victoria, but that hairstyle did nothing for her. And that jacket is something I could wear on casual friday with a pair of jeans. Cute skirt though. Hated the headpiece.

Mary's stylist Anja: LOVED the flower in her hair, but didn't care much for the dress.

Helle Redtz-Thott: That woman is always so elegant and regal looking. But nothing beats what she wore on January 21. :wub:

Princess Benedicte: Lovely hat, Lovely coat, Lovely pink color.

Princess Mathilde: The coat was very HER, very "Mathilde", pretty borring, but what I don't understand is why she wore that headband. It didn't match at all ! (Very happy to see her as a godmother though)

Princess Alexia: Hated what she wore. And what she had in her hair too. (But again, I was very happy to see her as godmother)

Caroline Hering: Yeah, she looked fantastic, but didn't like the fact that she wore grey.. Who wears grey to a christening on July 1?

Alexandra S-W-B: As usual, she was stunning (She was too at Chris' baptism). Can't decide if she looks 20ies or 30ies or whatever, but I love it !

Carina: What a beautiful dress. Carina looked amazing, and the hat went well with.

:flowers:

It looks to me that Mary has some pounds to lose still, after all she had the baby only two months ao, but I´m not sure it could be the hair what makes her look chubby... I never liked that haircut :p

Many thanks to those who have posted the links to pictures and videos. I feel I was actually at the christening. Of the official pictures, I do like the one of Christian and Isabella, and the one of Christian on his own. He seems just such a poppet!

What a perfect Christening. I sat through the video twice. Does anyone know who Dr. Johnston is? Might she be P.Isabella's perdiatrician. Mrs. Skeel was a surprise, too. The affair completely outdid my expectations, and the pictures were especially great. I thank everyone who made it possible for we who don't live in Denmark to participate vicariously.

Wish I learned how to proofread. That's pediatrician.

It looks to me that Mary has some pounds to lose still, after all she had the baby only two months ao,

From where?:eek: I just had a baby 4 months ago and I am a long way from looking anywhere like Mary does now shesh. I think she looks brilliant..:flowers:

Back
Top Bottom