Christening of Princess Isabella: July 1, 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think Mary didn't look so young and her skin does need a bit of sun, she is too white and for the firts time Princess Mary looks a bit fat to me, maybe my impression because she ussualy looks so so elegant and thin but maybe this dress is not suitable for her!

Wow! :fireworks:This is the first chance I have gotten to see the lovely pics! ISABELLA! :queen4:What a beautiful name! I am impressed, to say the least. Here is my two cents:

Mary-I thought she looked beautiful, like a proud mother!
Frederick-Handsome, he seemed to be really emotional.
Christian-What a gentleman he will be one day! Very well-behaved child!
Margarethe-Her outfit was a little too busy for me, but hey, if she likes it that's OK. She seemed thrilled nonetheless.
CP Victoria-One word: Smashing!
CP Mette Marit- I've seen better, I've seen worse!
CP Mathilde- As always, beautiful! She is always sooooo elegant!

I know but I noticed he did not greet Mary's father and stepmother. Isn't that incorrect?:rolleyes:

You could see that the Donaldsons arrived quite some time before they entered the chapel directly before the queen came. Thus I think they waited together with the queen and prince somewhere for the arrival of Fred & Co and then entered ceremonially.

Well, I think i was so used to "Lille Prinsesse" that I find her actual name rather odd...Isabella...nice but I thought Henrietta would go first. Isabella sounds too italian to me, thought it is, indeed, a beautiful name for a princess.

Last edited:
for the firts time Princess Mary looks a bit fat to me....

Mary looks quite normal to me...I think she looks better this size than supermodel (and unnaturally) thin. Have you noticed that she has a more curvy figure when the babies are small (probably because she is breastfeeding).

I don't think she looks "fat" at all.

And Christian always looks soooo serious...as if he knew that he will be King one day!

I would have preferred Isabelle to Isabella but I think I picked the other 3 names. Anyway, still catching up on pics, so I can't wait to see the rest. I see Mary wore the (same?) floral aigrette.

Now Mary is fat ? Oh my where is this world going ... :eek:

My opinion on yesterdays fashions: :lol:

Mary: Very appropriate outfit, and beautiful purple color. She looked very sweet, and whereas I think the outfit on January 21, took the attention a bit away from the Christian, this one was perfect. Isabella was the best accessory, and Mary looked more radiant and happy than ever.

Magrethe: Loved it ! Noone else would have been able to wear that, but it was a perfect outfit for Queen Magrethe. She looked fabolous.

Crown Princess Mette-Marit: Lovely coat and I really liked the headband she wore. It's nice to see her finally dressing for her age. She looked very summery.

Crown Princess Victoria: Borring. I like Victoria, but that hairstyle did nothing for her. And that jacket is something I could wear on casual friday with a pair of jeans. Cute skirt though. Hated the headpiece.

Mary's stylist Anja: LOVED the flower in her hair, but didn't care much for the dress.

Helle Redtz-Thott: That woman is always so elegant and regal looking. But nothing beats what she wore on January 21. :wub:

Princess Benedicte: Lovely hat, Lovely coat, Lovely pink color.

Princess Mathilde: The coat was very HER, very "Mathilde", pretty borring, but what I don't understand is why she wore that headband. It didn't match at all ! (Very happy to see her as a godmother though)

Princess Alexia: Hated what she wore. And what she had in her hair too. (But again, I was very happy to see her as godmother)

Caroline Hering: Yeah, she looked fantastic, but didn't like the fact that she wore grey.. Who wears grey to a christening on July 1?

Alexandra S-W-B: As usual, she was stunning (She was too at Chris' baptism). Can't decide if she looks 20ies or 30ies or whatever, but I love it !

Carina: What a beautiful dress. Carina looked amazing, and the hat went well with.

:flowers:

I think everyone looked lovely!
Loved Mary's look, the color, the simple style, the shoes. Fred looked very handsome and Chrisitan was such a doll! So proper!
I totally adored the picture where Isabella is crying her little eyes out. It looks funny!

Chrisian's suit looked very nice for the occasion. However, the brown sandals did not go with the suit.

I think Mary didn't look so young and her skin does need a bit of sun, she is too white and for the firts time Princess Mary looks a bit fat to me, maybe my impression because she ussualy looks so so elegant and thin but maybe this dress is not suitable for her!

Mary is not as thin as before, which is understandable as she just had a baby. This weight suits her so much better, her face looks fuller and makes her look softer. I hope that she keeps the extra weight, I am NOT saying that she is fat, but you can tell that she gained a couple of extra pounds which I like. Anyways, the only thing I did not like is her hair do. I like it pulled back like the last time.

Well, I think i was so used to "Lille Prinsesse" that I find her actual name rather odd...Isabella

I feel the same. I really love her name (Isabella is one of my favourite names for a girl), but because they wait so long before announcing names it's strange adjusting!

Well, A big Thank you to everyone that took time to post pictures, videos, links, ect.
My over all opinion on everything:
Did not really like Mary's over all apperance. It was appropriate for the occassion, but I just did not like the look of it fo rher.
Fred: For some reason this guy always looks rumpled and frumpy to me.
The Queen: liked the colors, but the whole thing together was ghastly for the occassion.
Victoria: very lovely.
Mathilde: Very lovely as usual.
MM: nice, but boring as usual.
the pregnant lady that (I forgot her name right now) who is wearing a borrowed dress: She looks nice. And who cares if it was borrowed!
In general: I didn't really care about what people wore to the Christening. The looks that Fred & Mary gave to each other and to their children quite made up for what they wore. It looked as if it was a beautiful day and everybody looked extremely happy to be attending the event.
What more could people ask for?

For those who still haven't seen the entire christening or want to see it again, here is your chance.

Click here to watch the entire TV2 broadcast.

For those who still have dial-up, it will take a while to load. For the rest of us, the link will take less that 60 seconds.

Enjoy:flowers:

*A big thank you to Jema @CPMB for providing the original link. We appreciate it, Jema, so thank you!*
:)

I Love Everything!!! Mary Just Look Great And The Little Princess So Cute As Well As His Brother.

Lovely Family

Question: Does Isabella have dark blue or brown eyes??
On this site, royals.web-log.nl, if you scroll down (about mid-page) you find a bunch of photos from the christianing...and one really good close up of little Isabella, she's got her eyes wide open and she's sucking on her hand. Her eyes look dark blue.

Question: Does Isabella have dark blue or brown eyes??
On this site, royals.web-log.nl, if you scroll down (about mid-page) you find a bunch of photos from the christianing...and one really good close up of little Isabella, she's got her eyes wide open and she's sucking on her hand. Her eyes look dark blue.

They are blue now - but within the next couple of months they may very well turn brown (two of my own girls' eye colour did that while the last kept her blue eyes). I have a feeling that Isabella's eyes will turn brown :)

Christian has amazing blue eyes! I hadn't expected that he would get this intense blue colour.

I love, love,love Mary's necklace. And is she wearing a new diamond ring? I don't think I have ever seen her wear this one before.

I believe both are her "baby rewards." There's some discussion over in her jewels forum. Inquiring minds want to know! ;)

I agree Alexia looked horrible. I know, she is pregnant, but she is too fat. I can´t believe for an especial event, wore a borrow dress.

I wouldn´t call Alexia "fat". This maternity dress IMO is for women who are at least in their seventh or nineth month of pregnancy. It simply wasn´t necessary to wear it now already. It just makes her look more overweight than she really is right now in that stadium of pregnancy. Some press published photos of her with Cristina or her family a few weeks ago and there you can see that she isn´t "fat" at all. Since it´s her fourth child she shows her belly earlier than mothers who expect their first child. But still: This dress is for mothers who are far more advanced in the stadium of the pregnancy.

I wouldn´t call Alexia "fat". This maternity dress IMO is for women who are at least in their seventh or nineth month of pregnancy. It simply wasn´t necessary to wear it now already. It just makes her look more overweight than she really is right now in that stadium of pregnancy. Some press published photos of her with Cristina or her family a few weeks ago and there you can see that she isn´t "fat" at all. Since it´s her fourth child she shows her belly earlier than mothers who expect their first child. But still: This dress is for mothers who are far more advanced in the stadium of the pregnancy.

Stefanie, that doesn't go against you - in fact, I like your posting! But still: Alexia was an invited guest while we are just lookers-on. For me, the fact is interesting that she may have borrowed a dress from her cousin for the occassion - I like that! But there need not be judgment on that as we don't know the background. IMHO, of course.

Thank you so much for your pics and videos. I think Mary was really beautiful! I didn't like the dress but she doesn't need a pretty dress to make her glow. She was beautiful because she is beautiful and happy.
Carina Axelsson was the most elegant lady at the event (imo)
I watched the Ceremony more than once :rolleyes:

Last edited:
I too love the fact that Alexia wore a borrowed dress. It shows that behind it all the Royal Families are still just families supporting and aiding one another whether it be a borrowed dress or something a bit more serious.
While I agree the dress was not figure flattering, Alexia was lovely. My goodness, she's pregnant!

What a wonderful name the chose for the princess. I didn't expect Alexia to be godmother but it is good news. Happy to see her.

Now Mary is fat ? Oh my where is this world going ... :eek:

My opinion on yesterdays fashions: :lol:

Mary: Very appropriate outfit, and beautiful purple color. She looked very sweet, and whereas I think the outfit on January 21, took the attention a bit away from the Christian, this one was perfect. Isabella was the best accessory, and Mary looked more radiant and happy than ever.

Magrethe: Loved it ! Noone else would have been able to wear that, but it was a perfect outfit for Queen Magrethe. She looked fabolous.

Crown Princess Mette-Marit: Lovely coat and I really liked the headband she wore. It's nice to see her finally dressing for her age. She looked very summery.

Crown Princess Victoria: Borring. I like Victoria, but that hairstyle did nothing for her. And that jacket is something I could wear on casual friday with a pair of jeans. Cute skirt though. Hated the headpiece.

Mary's stylist Anja: LOVED the flower in her hair, but didn't care much for the dress.

Helle Redtz-Thott: That woman is always so elegant and regal looking. But nothing beats what she wore on January 21. :wub:

Princess Benedicte: Lovely hat, Lovely coat, Lovely pink color.

Princess Mathilde: The coat was very HER, very "Mathilde", pretty borring, but what I don't understand is why she wore that headband. It didn't match at all ! (Very happy to see her as a godmother though)

Princess Alexia: Hated what she wore. And what she had in her hair too. (But again, I was very happy to see her as godmother)

Caroline Hering: Yeah, she looked fantastic, but didn't like the fact that she wore grey.. Who wears grey to a christening on July 1?

Alexandra S-W-B: As usual, she was stunning (She was too at Chris' baptism). Can't decide if she looks 20ies or 30ies or whatever, but I love it !

Carina: What a beautiful dress. Carina looked amazing, and the hat went well with.

:flowers:
EXCELLENT post and just what I thought on everything too. :flowers: I adored what she wore to Christian's christening though. I wonder if Mary will wear that headpiece to every christening !!! Just a thought..

I know that many often comment about how much Christian looks like a young Prince Henrik but after seeing Verde Esmeralda's new avatar on page 17 I couldn't help but see a strong resemblance to his mother. Maybe its his skin tones or the expression on his face or both. But I have seen a few pics of him in recent months that totally make me see that he really seems to resemble Mary more than I originally thought.

EXCELLENT post and just what I thought on everything too. :flowers: I adored what she wore to Christian's christening though. I wonder if Mary will wear that headpiece to every christening !!! Just a thought..

I think she will. She wore the headpiece to both Christians and Isabellas Christenings so with that in mind I'd expect her to wear it to the third one if there is one.

Bets on baby Bella boom

Princess Mary threw an Aussie-style pool party to celebrate the weekend christening of her Isabella.
Guests who attended the Fredensborg Palace Chapel in their Sunday best changed into togs for the post-baptism celebrations.
The casual luncheon spilled into a night-long party that finished some time after midnight.
Some of the cream of Danish society were photographed walking down the driveway carrying their bathers.

Bets on baby Bella boom | Mercury - The Voice of Tasmania

Back
Top Bottom