Christening of Prince Frederik: June 24, 1968

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This is the only one I have seen as well :( I would love to see more photos of this event. I will check through Corbis.

I have 2 pictures, but they are similar. One is from Polfoto and the other from Fotomarktplatz.

Attachments

• 1968-06-24 Frederik 02.jpg
    1968-06-24 Frederik 02.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 687
  • 1968-06-24 Frederik 03 FMP.jpg
    1968-06-24 Frederik 03 FMP.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 856
who godparents of Crown Prince Frederick?

Sara Boyce

He was baptised at Holmens Kirke, Copenhagen, on June 24th, 1968, by Bishop Eric Jensen. His godparents are Queen Anne-Marie of Greece née Princess of Denmark, Grand Duchess Joséphine-Charlotte of Luxembourg née Princess of Belgium, Prince George of Denmark, Etienne de Laborde de Monpézat, Birgitta Juel Hillingsø, and Baron de Watteville-Berckheim

looking at these pics makes me think his son will be christened in a month

has there been any photos of frederiks christning in the papers due to his sons comming christning

several photos of Frederik's christening courtesy of hola

m93sci.jpg
m93sjs.jpg
m93skx.jpg

m93slu.jpg
m93soz.jpg

His cheek was chuby, Frederic was a very cute baby. I watched a clip somewhere about Frederick christening, he was crying durring the ceremonie but it was not as loud as what baby Joachim did in his cristening:) .

Magrethe looked absolutely faboulous this day, aswell as at Joachim's christening :in_love:

JessRulz said:
I love the colour of Margrethe's outfit...but the hat! :wacko: I do not like!
Magrethe and her sister AnneMarie were both dressed very fashionably for the time. Both of their hats were quite desirable for the time, although it probably looks strange to someone who isn't of that era.

the christening's robe is the same that used christian?

corazon said:
the christening's robe is the same that used christian?

Yes the christening´s robe that CP Frederik juste for his first "party" is the same as his son Prince Christian juste at his first "party".

In my opinion Queen Anne Marie was never more beautiful than here at her godson's christening in 1968 and then again at the gala at her father's 70 birthday in 1969. The long hair was so good to her!

:flowers:

H.M. Margrethe said:
Yes the christening´s robe that CP Frederik juste for his first "party" is the same as his son Prince Christian juste at his first "party".

thanks so much

galuhcandrakirana said:

Wow, seeing Fred and Joachim as babies is really neat. I watched all the clips of the boys getting christened, and Nikolai and Felix seemed really calm. Of course, it's probably because they were sleeping, but compared to their father, who was screaming half the time. Felix especially didn't even flinch the first two times they put the water on his head. What a well-behaved baby:wub:

O-oh! I've never seen these beatiful pics of Prince Frederick being Christianed...It's hard to think that he became the handsome Prince he is today.:wub:

Vanesa.

im hope will kept christening gowns for next baby this spring

Who is the man on Anne Marie's left? He resembles Prince Joachim today!

Possible Prince Georg of Denmark, Baron Maximilien de Watteville-Berckheim, Count Etienne de Laborde de Monpezat.
If he resembles Joachim he is either most likely the first or last. :)

Summary of article in Billed Bladet #48, 2013.
Written by Marianne Singer.

One of Frederik's godfathers and the very good friend of Prince Henrik is dead.
Baron Maximillian de Watteville-Berckheim died last Saturday.
He leaves behind two children and two grandchildren.
His wife, Princess Franziska Maria zu Hohenlohe-Bartenstein died two years ago.

It was very nice that King Frederik IX was able to see a future heir and namesake christened. A truly joyous occasion!!

Who is the man on Anne Marie's left? He resembles Prince Joachim today!

That would be Count Etienne de Laborde de Monpezat, Henrik's brother. Prince Georg is the one standing next to Count Etienne at the christening font and Baron Maximillian de Watteville-Berckheim is standing farthest away, next to Birgitta Hillingsø.

Back
Top Bottom