Christening of Prince Christian: January 21, 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

purple_platinum

Heir Apparent
City
Jakarta
Country
Indonesia
English translation from http://www.kronprinsparret.dk/3a82774

Christening

Issued Monday November 14, 2005

On Saturday the 21st of January, 2006, the son of Their Royal Highnesses The Crown Prince and Crown Princess of Denmark will be christened at 11:00 a.m. in Christiansborg Palace Church, Copenhagen.

Further information regarding press arrangements will follow.

P. Thornit
Chief of the Court of
TRH The Crown Prince and Crown Princess of Denmark

So it takes that long to get Mary's relatives from Australia? Wow! I'm disappointed because there is no way he's going to fit in the traditional christening gown.

purple_platinum said:
English translation from http://www.kronprinsparret.dk/3a82774

Christening

Issued Monday November 14, 2005

On Saturday the 21st of January, 2006, the son of Their Royal Highnesses The Crown Prince and Crown Princess of Denmark will be christened at 11:00 a.m. in Christiansborg Palace Church, Copenhagen.

Further information regarding press arrangements will follow.

P. Thornit
Chief of the Court of
TRH The Crown Prince and Crown Princess of Denmark

Since he's being christened in the "Christiansborg Palace Church"...maybe his name will be "Christian" afterall! Nice symbolism! As for the christening gown...this can be altered can't it?

gattica28 said:
Since he's being christened in the "Christiansborg Palace Church"...maybe his name will be "Christian" afterall! Nice symbolism! As for the christening gown...this can be altered can't it?

Or maybe they are breaking with tradition, and using a new gown? Maybe one with an Australian detail?

gattica28 said:

I hope so!

Im glad we have a date
For a name
How about
Christian -Alexander Henrik Holgar Joachim Felix Nicholas Paul :)

Well, I don't think Haakon is going to be a godparents now.. the chirstening is on the date of is daugthers birthday. Well he can be a godparent but..

LaMinka said:
Well, I don't think Haakon is going to be a godparents now.. the chirstening is on the date of is daugthers birthday. Well he can be a godparent but..

The whole family could go to Copenhagen, and celebrate both occassions together.:)

What a pity that he probably won't be wearing the old christening-robe.:( I like traditions like that.

i get crazy when two royal celebrations happen at the same time.....

i am disappointed it's gonna be that long and that the fact his name will be christan has become so obvious....

ps: i am not an expert at all but, could it be that it takes so long so that his jaundice will pass, or does it usually pass fast?

tnx!

Ingrid Alexandra turning two is not a major royal event, Haakon can still be the godfather if he is asked, he can even bring his daughter to Copenhagen. If the the royal families should not plan their events so that they would not crash with birthdays they would never get to arrange anything.

If they want to break traditions (the Frederik-Christian-Frederik-Christian etc.) and still be traditional in a historical perspective, Kristoffer might be a choice (since they had some kings with that name in the late medivals). Though I think Christian is better than Kristoffer (no offence to all of you with the name Christopher, Kristoffer and other variations!!)

But my guess is that the surprise will lie in the choice of middle names (as he is likely to have 2-3 of them).

Larzen said:
Ingrid Alexandra turning two is not a major royal event, Haakon can still be the godfather if he is asked, he can even bring his daughter to Copenhagen. If the the royal families should not plan their events so that they would not crash with birthdays they would never get to arrange anything.
Well you're rigth, I never think about that.

Larzen said:
Exactly - or he could do as Frederik did with Ingrid Alexandra - and not show.

norwegianne said:
Exactly - or he could do as Frederik did with Ingrid Alexandra - and not show.

Frederik didn't show at I-A's christening?

Layla1971 said:
Frederik didn't show at I-A's christening?
Both he and Felipe didn't show up. Of Ingrids seven godpartens just CP Victoria, King Harald, Marit Tjesseim and Princess Märtha Louise was there

A reminder: Possible names can be discussed here

Suggestions for sponsors/godparents can be made here

LaMinka said:
Marit Tjesseim was there

Who is Marit Tjesseim? I know she must be a relative of Mette-Marit, I think she's her mother?

i was not saying that they should avoid birthdays obviously...it was let's say me thinking aloud. it would be impossible. but an example as alexia's christening on the same day as albert enthronment is ridiculous!

Frederik attended his own bachelor party on the same day as I A was babtized

betina said:
Frederik attended his own bachelor party on the same day as I A was babtized

Does anyone know what he did for his bachelor party? And, even what Mary did for her bachelorette party?

Layla1971 said:
Who is Marit Tjesseim? I know she must be a relative of Mette-Marit, I think she's her mother?
Marit Tjesseim is Mette-Mairt's mother

Layla1971 said:
Does anyone know what he did for his bachelor party? And, even what Mary did for her bachelorette party?

He was in Egypt with his friends diving :)

Thanks for the information on the christening. Looking forward to the event. By then the little prince will be 3 months old.

nice news that we know the dat. i was just thinking something you have been discusing here already, that the date is the same day as ingrid's christening. also, i saw that the "supposed" but not official godparents wll maybe be felipe of spain and victoria of sweden, not haakon. does this all have to do in any way? it's a pity if haakon can't be godfather because of that. he chose frederik as godfather for ingrid and it would be a nice detail if frederik did the same with haakon for the lilleprinsen.
after all, there are sooo many days it could have been done... we have experiences with changes of dates because of another event happening at the same one (charles and camilla's wedding the same day as the funeral of the pope, alexia's baptism and the enthronization of albert of monaco...)

Denmark and Norway aren't that far away. Haakon can hop on a plane to Copenhagen and then be back in time to celebrate his daughter's birthday.

i wonder what kind of cake the young prince will have for his Baptism, i had a square cake with royal white icing and those pearl like candy in a shape of the rosary and a lil boy kneeling like his praying, i saw the pics and i was wearing the family's traditional baptism gown, it's been with the family for 10 generations now and my son will wear it on his baptism in couple months time.

January 21, 2006

I just found this article, but I don't understand it, since I don't speak Danish. Can somebody translate it?
http://www.bt.dk/royalt/artikel:aid=401598/
I guess they are talking about that the christening of the little Kingaroo will take place on January 21, 2006 at the Christiansborg Palace Church. ;):):cool:

Timoka

The prince will be baptized by the bishop of Copenhagen: Erik Norman Svendsen, according to Bt.dk.

norwegianne said:
The prince will be baptized by the bishop of Copenhagen: Erik Norman Svendsen, according to Bt.dk.

Isn't he the man who married the couple? I don't remember at all!:eek:

Back
Top Bottom