Christening of Prince Christian: January 21, 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Too loud for him. He has gotten more chubby from what I can tell (since it's still blurred :( )

I can't get over how great Mary is with her son. It's just so wonderful to watch. It brought a tear to my eye.

can i ask a silly question? are all those people sitting behing frederik and mary the godparents? just them or maybe some more?

The Bishop is quoting a Norwegian christening psalm (my favourite, actually)

Filled with joy over the life's wonder
With a newborn child in our hands
Coming to you who gave us life.

Last edited:
awww, how sweet the way mette marit smiled to lilleprinsen! he is crying...

Yes they are some of the godparents, did you see Mette smiling at the baby. She looks like a lovely lady, I bet she's a great parent too.

2 more captured from nrk

madv20.jpg
madv5t.jpg

wow... haakon & mette-marit always hold hands.. so sweet

Did you see how MM and Victoria even Pavlos were smiling at baby! :) And I love Mary's headpiece!

Do all of the other royals understand Danish?

I think Danish, Norwegian and Swedish are similar so maybe a little.

Are the six behind F&M the only godparents? I thought Mary's sister JAne would be one.

they are similar, but there may be some guests who don't understand it though, starting by mary's family.

who are the men next to Pavlos?

Is he sucking on Marys finger?
Must be getting hungry

Tina said:

i'm not entirely sure about the one sitting next to him directly but the other one next to the aisle is (i think) guillaume of luxembourg.

Pink Tulip said:
Are the six behind F&M the only godparents? I thought Mary's sister JAne would be one.
Jane and Joachim are sitting with the family.

I expect that the English version of the programme found and posted earlier in this thread, also is handed out to the royals and the guests who can't understand Danish/Scandinavian.

Tina said:

The two other sponsors, a friend of Frederik, Jeppe and a friend of Mary, Hamish.

I think it is a lovely psalm to build a speech on, the way he did.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mary and the Little Prince arriving at the church from tv2.

marytv21yh.jpg

Lovely diamond and sapphire brooch worn by Mary!

Christian Valdemar Henrik John

love it... i guess they keep on with the tradition

GReat name!! They went with tradition after all

And with the French spelling of Henrik instead of the traditional Danish.

great chioce of names! Christian is beautiful

What a great name! They went with tradition and honored both grandfathers. I Need to look up Valdemar....and now I can go back to bed..its almost 6 am on the East Coast :)

i think Henri is better then Henrik (no offence any Danish people viewing this thread)

norwegianne said:
And with the French spelling of Henrik instead of the traditional Danish.

and the english of john instead of danish hans (that's it in danish isn't it?)

It's so cute how Frederik is holding Mary's hand. Aww. Love Christian's name, by the way.

Back
Top Bottom