Christening of Prince Christian: January 21, 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Royal Fan said:
if baby Christian someday becomes King couldnt he pick a middle
say Valdemar V or John III ar those the right numbers with the names :)

It's not the tradition in Denmark where all the Kings had had either Frederik or Christian as names;)

what about numbering names like Christian XI Or Valdemar V Or Henrik I Or Hans III (or is it 4th) lol hope that makes sense :)

Valdemar is such an ugly name
His name could be
Christian Frederik Henri John

Thats not an ugly name lol sounds very Manly and Danish :)

Paula** said:
Valdemar is such an ugly name
His name could be
Christian Frederik Henri John

It's not that bad of a name. It's got something to do with the DRF right? Like some ancestor had that name, because Valdemar is also one of Felix's middle names. Besides it doesn't really matter too much, no one ever uses their middle names anyway. :cool:

There was Prince Valdemar of Denmark, a son of King Christian IX who married Princess Marie d'Orleans, so there is a family connection there. There were also several King Valdemars (Valdemar I ruled in the 12th century). So all round it's a good, strong Danish name!

I like Valdemar, it is unique and not like his other names. He starts off with a very soft and positive name and then goes to Valdemar which is a very strong name and has always conjured images for me of crazy russian princes looked up in their castles planning something horrible . Its a very theatrical name for me.

I love Scandinavian names. I think Valdemar is a great name. I especially love Henri- A nice way to pay tribute to both Henrik and Henrietta.

I Agree Wholeheartedly a wonderful Tribute :)

pepperann said:
It's not that bad of a name. It's got something to do with the DRF right? Like some ancestor had that name, because Valdemar is also one of Felix's middle names. Besides it doesn't really matter too much, no one ever uses their middle names anyway. :cool:

Lol. I actually thought they plagiarized Felix's name but tried to cover their tracks by reversing the other of his first three names.

Felix Henrik Valdemar Christian

AND

Christian Valdemar Henri John.

:D Coincidence? I think not.

Frederik and Mary did not steal any names. Christian and Valdemar are traditional names for the heir to the throne. Henri and John were given in honour of both their fathers and possibly Mary's late mother, Henrietta.

Last edited:
A gallery of HQ pics from Kig ind, I have uploaded 10 of them, the rest can be seen in this gallery, click on the pics to enlarge them

Royal Fan said:
what about numbering names like Christian XI Or Valdemar V Or Henrik I Or Hans III (or is it 4th) lol hope that makes sense :)

If he was named Hans he would be Hans 2.

Thanks purple_platinum. Its a beautiful coin. Isn't it premature though to put Christian XI on it?

ysbel said:
Thanks purple_platinum. Its a beautiful coin. Isn't it premature though to put Christian XI on it?
wow ysbel... your observation is amazing. I didn't realised there is a CXI enscription of the pillar (right side) of the coin... ;)

In this recent issue, Royalty magazine features the little Prince's christening.

Images from www.royalty-magazine.com

Attachments

• cover.jpg
    cover.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 231
  • spread4.jpg
    spread4.jpg
    8.6 KB · Views: 447
Mary looks incredible in that cover. Thank you for posting it.

I think Princess Alexandra look the best among everyone.Did you realize that Felipe and Letiza never attend any occassion of this sort?In fact the christening of Leonor is such a private event that none of the other royals from other house attended

ah mei said:
I think Princess Alexandra look the best among everyone.Did you realize that Felipe and Letiza never attend any occassion of this sort?In fact the christening of Leonor is such a private event that none of the other royals from other house attended

I've realized this and always wondered why.

An account that is both embarrassing, heartwarming and about a humane way to deal with an awkward situation.
https://www.bt.dk/royale/kendis-dj-...prins-christians-barnedaab-jeg-drak-shots-med

Back when Christian was christened the DJ, Jean Von Baden, got his dream-job, to be DJ at the family party after the christening, with the DRF and international royals all over the place as well as lots of dignitaries.
Unfortunately he was pretty messed up during that period, he drank and did drugs.

"I was booked by Prince Frederik and his friend and I was to play at Fredensborg for the christening and all the royal houses of Europe were there. Back then I had a reality-star girlfriend and I was pretty f*cked. I think I was on antabus with a mix of nerve-medication at the time. But I could still drink a little."

At Fredensborg, a nervous Jean Eric von Baden went into the kitchen and got a few beers before he was to start.
Then he returned to prepare his records.
"The Queen and Prince Henrik comes in wearing furs. They come over and I drink shots with Henrik, and he scratch a little with my records. It's all very surreal.
It all went really well and all of a sudden I can see that it begins to blacken before my eyes. All goes blank. And the next I remember is waking up in my home. There are footprints from military boots all over the place and my clothes are neatly folded together."

What happened? He can't remember anything!
He had collapsed an hour before the party ended. He was carried out and driven home in one the DRF cars.

Fortunately he has since been booked again by Frederik, under the condition that he only drank cola.
Frederik told him that he had given them something to talk about at the breakfast table.

After this episode it really dawned on Jean Eric von Baden that he has a problem!

Today he is clean and now works as a psycho therapeut helping addicts.

Fascinating story. I am glad he came out well.

I always wanted to see the FULL TV coverage for Prince Christian - Christening.

It seems the longer fuller versions are available to watch for the other 3 children, but NOT for Prince Christian. Don't know why?

Back
Top Bottom