Annual Holiday to Verbier, Switzerland: 2002-2015, 2017, 2018, 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
K

Kelly B

"Mary, 30, a commerce/law graduate from the University of Tasmania, shares the Prince's passion for the piste and is very sporty. At her former alma mater, Taroona High School, she was a keen track and field athelete and a talented runner, as well as a student councillor and prefect."

In the "documentary" that aired--her friends said she wasn't sporty and they pump her up as an adept skiier, which has been proven incorrect. Her ski trip with Fred showed her having an immensely difficult time on the slopes and she wouldn't spend the whole day on the slopes with Fred.

Last edited by a moderator:
What ski trip? I've never seen pictures of Mary and Frederik skiing.

Hey Sylvia, I don't have any other photos of Fred and Mary skiing except for this one of Mary. I got it from HOLA! at the beginning of the year. Anyone else remember when the trip was? Was it March?

-Julia

Sorry, Sylvia. Here is the pic....

Attachments

• GrumpyMary.jpg
    GrumpyMary.jpg
    13.8 KB · Views: 5,218
Thank you! I wasn't aware that they had gone skiing. Interesting.......

Hey Kelly B and Julia,

You two are so sweet, funny and I agree. It looks so silly
when the pres and journalist are always building Mary up to
be like some champion skier and all ready for the next Olympic
games.

I remember joking with Julia early on in the year as in the photos she didn't look one bit a confident skier. I think that they went Skiing in Switzerland in April - The easter weekend, thats was one of the dates that had all the Journalists going crazy over, Mary's stepmom had told Journalist that Fred "promised Mary a April engagement".

This false news had them all jumping for joy and thought they'd won the state lottery. :rolleyes: :x

Hugs and have a great weekend. :grrr:

:heart: Lorissa

Photosession in Verbier

Hi Billie-Jo!

As promised, I have a bit more details about Frederik and Mary. They were skiing in Verbier, Switzerland before returning to Denmark last Sunday.

I am also trying to post a picture of them on this trip. But as I've never posted a picture before in this forum, you'll have to forgive me if it doesn't work.

Here it goes ... :unsure:

Attachments

• 15fredemary.jpg
    15fredemary.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 4,751
pictures from www.ibl.se

Crownprince Frederik and girlfriend Mary Donaldson on holliday in Verbier

April 5, 2003

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 4,371
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 5,556
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 4,301
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 4,512
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 4,379
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 9,976
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 10,681
they make a nice couple...Mary Donaldson looks good in the pics though... :)

Does she have pics wherein her face is really showed? :)

;)
he is so cute!!!!
Can you cite me a website which could have a clear picture of Mary Donaldson??
Because whenever I see her in pictures, she is always wearing shades so I can't really see clearly her face... :lol:

Paulette,

Try www.ibl.se and type in mary donaldson in the search field. There are lots of pictures of her there. Or look at one of the threads in this forum. Lots of members have posted pictures of Mary with and without shades.

Hope that helps.

Danish magazines Billedbladet and SE og HØR reports that the Crown Princely couple celebrated Mary's first birthday as Crown Princess of Denmark in the skiing paradise Verbier in Switzerland!

I hope that there's some Dane on this forum who could perhaps buy this week's SE og HØR & perhaps scan the pictures (that they say they will have) for TRF? :) That would be highly appreciated!

Here are two pics from the above mentioned magazines' websites:

Attachments

• 0000006verbier.jpg
    0000006verbier.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 4,307
  • D_7259.jpg
    D_7259.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 4,400
Frederik and Mary are in Verbier in Switzerland on skiing vacation with their son and friends, Frederik arrived on Saturday, Mary on Sunday. They are stying in an exclusive chalet of their good friend Peter Warnoe. The vacation is confirmed by the press secretary but she will not say where they are (I guess it should not be too hard for the glossies to find them though after this article;) ) Frederik will have to be home at the 25th when the calendar says he is regent http://www.bt.dk/royalt/artikel:aid=422274:fid=100300158/ (the pic is from Greenland)

Queen Margrethe is currently in Norway on vacation, Prince Henrik is also on vacation but not with his wife, Prince Joachim is regent now
http://www.bt.dk/royalt/artikel:aid=422266:fid=100021708/

Last edited:
Larzen said:
Frederik and Mary are in Verbier in Switzerland on skiing vacation with their son and friends, Frederik arrived on Saturday, Mary on Sunday. They are stying in an exclusive chalet of their good friend Peter Warnoe. The vacation is confirmed by the press secretary but she will not say where they are (I guess it should not be too hard for the glossies to find them though after this article;) ) Frederik will have to be home at the 25th when the calendar says he is regent http://www.bt.dk/royalt/artikel:aid=422274:fid=100300158/ (the pic is from Greenland)

Margrethe is currently in Norway on vacation, Price Henrik is also on vacation but not with his wife, Joachim is regent now

thanks Larzen for news ;) . i hope, they have there a great time!

Larzen said:

Queen Margrethe is currently in Norway on vacation, Prince Henrik is also on vacation but not with his wife, Prince Joachim is regent now

Pictures from Verbier, Switzerland.

www.rexfeatures.com

Attachments

• 576004a.jpg
    576004a.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 859
  • 576004d.jpg
    576004d.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 1,276
  • 576004e.jpg
    576004e.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 2,297
  • 576004g.jpg
    576004g.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 1,560
  • 576004h.jpg
    576004h.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 2,104
  • 576004i.jpg
    576004i.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 994
Thanks for the pictures pdas1201! I hope they're having fun on vacation skiing. I can't wait until little Prince Christian is old enough to join them on the slopes. Since Frederick has to be back on the 25th; is Mary also going back or is she staying a little longer with friends and Christain?

They already left Verbier and they did no photo-session.

Nice pictures! Is the couple, seen with them in the pictures, their friends they stay with?

funny why Mary can´t carry her own skis. The other lady was carrying her own

I think it is quite natural that Fredrik is helpful and helps her carrying her skis!

It looks like CP Frederik is a real gentleman :) :)

Who is the other lady by the way? does anyone know if they will do a photo session for this winter season?

Xandra said:
funny why Mary can´t carry her own skis. The other lady was carrying her own

Have you thought that maybe it's because Frederik is a real gentleman??

Kelly said:
Who is the other lady by the way?

Julia Tholstrup - girlfriend of Peter Warnøe , CP Frederik's good friend and also the owner of the chalet which the Danish Royals are staying.
In the group picture, you can see Peter Warnøe, just behind Mary to the left .

Last edited:
I know Fred is a perfect gentleman. So is my husband who insists on carrying everything for me, but I feel bad always, if I load everything on him, and I don´t carry my own things that I need for my own fun (skis, for example). I´m not handicapped, so I believe in sharing all loads with my loving hubby.

Xandra said:
I know Fred is a perfect gentleman. So is my husband who insists on carrying everything for me, but I feel bad always, if I load everything on him, and I don´t carry my own things that I need for my own fun (skis, for example). I´m not handicapped, so I believe in sharing all loads with my loving hubby.

yeah, you dont want the guy to have to carry too much. then with royalty they also have to be aware of public perception. there was some to do a few years ago that daniel westling went golfing with Victoria and didnt carry her bag for her. Frederick is of course the perfect gentleman and a loving husband but he also has to be sure that people see that he is those things.

Last edited:
Princess Robijn said:
It looks like CP Frederik is a real gentleman :) :)

How SWEET and GALLANT CP Frederik is to carry his beloved wife's skis! What a LOVING gesture!!!!! :) :) :)

Lucky CP Mary! :p They are a DREAM couple! :p

Amen

Last edited:
holiday in verbier

at hola.com there are pictures of mary and frederik at verbier switzerland

Back
Top Bottom