Zara Phillips & Mike Tindall's Wedding: July 30, 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Camilla's hat is sure a show stopper and Sophie has some high! heels
on.!

I ♥ Camilla's hat big time! And Sophie's heels!

I know, they're very high. How on earth do they walk in them?!

It's not that hard once you figure out that you don't lean forward, but slightly back (this is a HUGE mistake and why a lot of women can't walk in heels).

So long as she doesn't fall off her heels!:ohmy:

LOL!

I don't like the bridesmaids dresses at all. They look like something that you would wear to a coctail party and not a wedding.

Agreed! I think the bridesmaids dresses were horrible. They were terribly unflattering.

I give extra points to ladies who can walk on cobblestones in their stilettos! :)

This is incredibly difficult! I went to a wedding int eh Heidelberg Castle several years ago and while I wear heels almost every day, doing it on cobblestones was hard! You have to be very careful, but not look like you're being careful. :)

I was not a big fan of Zara's dress because it just didn't seem to fit her body type. Her arms didn't look good. They're not fat at all, just...beefy. The sleeveless look wasn't a good choice for her. I loved the buttons down the back of the dress though. It was a nice detail. She looked radiantly happy though, so I guess that's all that counts. I thought the official photo was lovely.

I like the grey morning dress that the prince of Wales are wearing, it looks much better for a summer wedding than the darker suits most of the men are wearing.

I was not a big fan of Zara's dress because it just didn't seem to fit her body type. Her arms didn't look good. They're not fat at all, just...beefy. The sleeveless look wasn't a good choice for her. I loved the buttons down the back of the dress though. It was a nice detail. She looked radiantly happy though, so I guess that's all that counts. I thought the official photo was lovely.

I agree. Sleeveless looks don't work for everyone- and it's not a matter of being "fat".

Hmmm....is Lady Sarah wearing white? Major faux pas at a wedding.....

Why is it a faux paus?
I saw two maybe three women wearing black today, even the bridesmaids wore white.

Lumutqueen said:
Why is it a faux paus?
I saw two maybe three women wearing black today, even the bridesmaids wore white.

Here in the US at least you don't wear white- that color is reserved for the bride and bridesmaids if she wishes. Wearing white is a tad disrespectful as if you're trying to take attention from bride on her day (not saying Sarah doing that) just saying that's why it's considered a faux paus/rude

COUNTESS said:
People wear whatever color they want to, to weddings, today. Everyone can tell the bride from the guests.

They do but even though black is accepted nowadays wearing white is still considered a big no no .....of course nowadays few 'rules of manners' are adhered to anymore . It's not about being able to tell the bride apart, it's considered rude in polite society ....I am sure I'm not the only person who has heard this and knows you aren't suppose to wear white to a wedding....

Last edited:
People wear whatever color they want to, to weddings, today. Everyone can tell the bride from the guests. I liked the gow, nothing special, but she looked very nice, the bottom is strange. It looks like they added materiaL, As if she grew taller or they made it too short. It doesn't add anything to the gown.

Lumutqueen said:
my point is, not just the 'nude' trend, they seem practically the same make. My bet is on Christian Louboutin.

Catherine's are LK Bennet's. You might be right about the others ....let's look for the red sole :)

Edit- Sophie's aren't either as you can see the sole in the picture isn't red ...regardless I do wonder if they're the same make. Bea, Eug and Sophie all wore them before to an event but can't remember which (vaguely remember Windsor Chapel being involved-am I remembering correctly?) :)

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/a...dall-Newlyweds-mark-marriage-tender-kiss.html

Last edited:
See you all later-

- I'm going to rush out and buy some nude stillettos.

I read on her Wiki that she won't be taking her husbands last name.

Loved that Zara and Mike looked so happy and content.

Believe Zara looked lovely and the dress suited her. Very simple and not alot of fuss which suits her best. But do have an odd question on that weird band of fabric at the base of the skirt. It's distracting and looks like it was tacked on.

As guests go Sophie was outstanding, the winner of the guest list.
This year she has really brought her "A" game to royal events.

Catherine looked great (as usual) but it is a very typical look for her and somehow believe I've seen this before.
Bea, loved it from the waist up but I think those appliqued butterflies on the skirt were a bit much.
Eugenie, like it but somehow it seemed a bit too snug for her, but the look itself was good.
The Queen was pretty in pink and looked happy.
Anne, what can I say but she looked happy but have to parrot the line "bedjacket!".
The skirt (or dress) portion showing was good but that jacket...ick.
She has a great figure but dresses too frumpy and dull.
Need to see a full length pic of Autumn but the hat was outstanding.
Have to agree I'm a bit over the flying saucer with flowers and twig look that most
are sporting now.

I read on her Wiki that she won't be taking her husbands last name.

Not all women do. Some keep their maiden names, some hyphenate, some take their husband's name. It's all what the bride chooses to do, there's no wrong choice.

Need to see a full length pic of Autumn but the hat was outstanding.
The DM link on MRSJ's post just a few posts above this one has a great full length picture of Autumn. (Post 226)
Has anyone seen Lord and Lady Linley in any of these pictures?

Last edited:
Catherine looked great (as usual) but it is a very typical look for her and somehow believe I've seen this before.

She wore the same coat dress in 2006 to Laura Parker-Bowles's wedding. I was reading an article on the Daily Mail's website (so take it with a grain of salt) that she remarked to a friend that she knows times are tough, and that she's not going to be seen at every royal engagement wearing brand-new clothes. She also said she wasn't a fashion model. We've already seen her recycling plenty of outfits/shoes already, so it's nothing new. I actually like that she's conscious of things like that.

She's keeping her last name because of the equestrian events she competes in.

Here in the US at least you don't wear white- that color is reserved for the bride and bridesmaids if she wishes. Wearing white is a tad disrespectful as if you're trying to take attention from bride on her day (not saying Sarah doing that) just saying that's why it's considered a faux paus/rude

They do but even though black is accepted nowadays wearing white is still considered a big no no .....of course nowadays few 'rules of manners' are adhered to anymore . It's not about being able to tell the bride apart, it's considered rude in polite society ....I am sure I'm not the only person who has heard this and knows you aren't suppose to wear white to a wedding....

I think that rule went out the window about the time Princess Grace wore white to Princess Anne's first wedding in 1973.

I've been to many a wedding here in the US, and seen all manner of folk wearing white, aside from the bride and her attendants. No one cared. As long as your breasts are hanging out, your butt isn't hanging out, and the dress isn't five sizes too small, what you wear to the wedding shouldn't be of importance to anyone but yourself.

She's not a model or an actress. She's a trained and toned athlete. This is what her arms look like- why should she have to hide them?

Difference of opinion!

You make a fair point, and I don' want to argue about it. She looks lovely and I wish them the best. From a purely aesthetic point of view, there are many dress designs that would have emphasized her arms less and would have been more flattering.

For some reason I thought she was going to change her name because,Zara Tindall sounds nice!

Back
Top Bottom