Zara Phillips & Mike Tindall's Wedding: July 30, 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What a wonderful couple... they just radiate happiness. There is a beautiful photo of Zara sitting in the car after the wedding on the Daily Mail website and she looks amazing. The tiara in paticular is stunning on her.

Now......I have to say what a lot of others have said. I did not like the dress at all. There was absolutely no wow factor to it. She needed something more elegant and COVERED, and the hem for want of a better word at the end was awful.. looked like shiny glossy cheap material.

Somewhere out there in the blue yonder, there exists a shop that no one else in the world knows about or has ever visited. A shop whose location is so secret, it would take Dan Brown and the best cryptographers in the world to code break the location. It is there ..... that Anne buys her outfits....!!!! The End.

Iluvbertie said:
White at a wedding for the bride depends on the culture. Increasingly I see people wearing white to weddings so it seems that the tradition is changing.

True but I like the other poster still find white to a wedding a faux paus and against the etiquette of the event.....

That being said Lady Chatto did look nice

Lumutqueen said:
White is clearly not reserved for the bride as for two british weddings this year we've seen the bridesmaids and flowergirls in white.

if it's the brides decision for wedding party members to wear white find but etiquette dictates no white for guests but as had been pointed out many no longer follow this...plus in US at least you rarely see bridesmaid/flower girls in white...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...Tindall-wears-wedding-suit-morning-after.html

Zara looks lovely here and a nice wedding shot too!

Last edited:
Rude to me.
The only other girls other than Louise, in the relative section, would be the two Taylor girls - who Zara clearly doesn't know very well as their mother wasn't even at the wedding. I was quite dissapointed that 'family' wasn't really represented in the bridal party.

But there are cousins of Mike, cousins of Zara from her father's side, goddaughters, daughters of friends....plenty possibilities.
When Netty Leistra describes this wedding on her site (Netty's Royalty Page) we will know who these girls were.
I said nothing offensive to you personally; I just expressed my opinion.

My first impression yesterday of Zara's dress was that it was really plain, but in recent pictures I have seen with better lighting, I think its very pretty and suited well for her. I can't picture her in anything too fussy. And I guess as long as she was happy with it, thats all that matters.

Somewhere out there in the blue yonder, there exists a shop that no one else in the world knows about or has ever visited. A shop whose location is so secret, it would take Dan Brown and the best cryptographers in the world to code break the location. It is there ..... that Anne buys her outfits....!!!! The End.

:lol:

( Personally I find Anne's fashion choices!? to be somewhat endearing.
One news item described Anne's jacket as looking vintage... and then added that, knowing Anne, it very well may have been vintage!)

Kate spots the photographer Chris Jackson of Getty Images and points it out to William. (Chris admitted to it himself on Twitter). Not given official access to the church, the media hired a cafe opposite the church and were presumably snapping away from the balcony.

I should say Chris Jackson isn't new to WK. He took the exclusive "official Canada tour" photo (the ones of them in navy) of the couple and was also the only photographer on the tarmac as they departed LA.

Thank you :flowers:. Makes sense of course.

if it's the brides decision for wedding party members to wear white find but etiquette dictates no white for guests but as had been pointed out many no longer follow this...plus in US at least you rarely see bridesmaid/flower girls in white...

My comment, was that white is not just for the bride. Even if it's the choice of the bride to put in her bridal party in white, that still means white is not 'reserved' for the bride. I think it's a greater faux pas to wear black to a wedding than white. :)

But there are cousins of Mike, cousins of Zara from her father's side, goddaughters, daughters of friends....plenty possibilities.
When Netty Leistra describes this wedding on her site (Netty's Royalty Page) we will know who these girls were.
I said nothing offensive to you personally; I just expressed my opinion.

I know who the members of the bridal party were thank you;

Bridesmaid - Stephanie Phillips (stepsister), Nell Maude (daughter of the moh), Jaz Jocelyn (haven't the foggiest), Hope Balshaw (daughter of the best man).
Page boy - Ted Maude (son of the moh).

There were no cousins of Mike in the party, nor cousins of Zara's from her fathers side. It was just sons and daughter of relatives. Which is clearly what Zara wanted to disassociate herself as far away from royalty as possible.

I'll repeat, I was sorry to see the lack of family in the bridal party.
Oh and that site you linked, gives no information about Zara's wedding, just simply the date.
Your opinion, to me, was rude. End of. :)

Last edited:

Isn't she president of Oxfam? :D

She looks beautiful and so happy. I am so glad for her.

Time for me to chime in and provide some info bout the reception:
Regaleyes Mark Stewart

Wedding guests at Holyroodhouse last night feasted upon venison, seafood & a selection of mini deserts together with fine champagne

Regaleyes Mark Stewart

The party in the quadrangle of the Palace went on until 2am but believe the partying went on much later in other venues

Can some one please confirm for me whether Zara's dress was custom made or off the rack. I have read a few articles, and some have said it was custom made, and others have said it was an off the rack dress. Thanks very much :)

I liked Eugenie's outfit more than Beatrice's this time around. But I love the fact that the York girls are bringing curves back into the family.

My comment, was that white is not just for the bride. Even if it's the choice of the bride to put in her bridal party in white, that still means white is not 'reserved' for the bride. I think it's a greater faux pas to wear black to a wedding than white. :)

Agree totally with this comment

Bridesmaid - Stephanie Phillips (stepsister).....

Small correction - Stephanie is Zara's half-sister not step-sister.

They have the same father - Mark - but different mothers.

Is Stephanie a product of a second marriage, or one of Mark's affairs? I thought Zara and Peter's siblings from Mark's second marriage were very young.

Baroness of Books said:
This article claims the dress was off the peg. But when you click on the "off the peg" link in the article, it gives conflicting information. Could it be Zara bought it off the rack and the designer customized it for her?

Zara Phillips wedding: a relaxed and modern affair - Telegraph

I think buying off the peg and customizing it would be more her style. She doesn't seem the type to fuss over a custom dress, right??

Is Stephanie a product of a second marriage, or one of Mark's affairs? I thought Zara and Peter's siblings from Mark's second marriage were very young.

Stephanie is the only child of Mark's second marriage. She was born in October 1997 about 8 months after her parents married.

Mark Phillips - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The only other child he has is Felicity Tonkin - the one that came from the one-night stand whom he, and his other children, have never met.

This article claims the dress was off the peg. But when you click on the "off the peg" link in the article, it gives conflicting information. Could it be Zara bought it off the rack and the designer customized it for her?

Zara Phillips wedding: a relaxed and modern affair - Telegraph

When I was looking at wedding dresses in London late last year, I was a bit confused by the bespoke construction of a pre-designed dress. Many dressmakers have set designs. The bride chooses from the pre-made deign and may make a few minor changes. The actual dress she wears is bespoke (made to order). So it is both "off the peg" (ie an existing catalog design and not original), and custom made (made from scratch and often requiring 6-8 months to be made).

I am guessing this is why the reporting on this point is a bit confusing.

I doubt that she purchased a pre-designed already made dress. I wound up getting my dress in NY, but the London shops I communicated with did not offer off true "off the peg" dresses for tailoring and customization. I think that is considered very down market in the UK, but not in the US for some reason.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom