Wedding of Princess Beatrice and Edoardo Mapelli Mozzi: July 17, 2020

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Was her flower bouquet placed on the tomb of the unknown solider - I would have thought that would have been the most subtle way to announced the wedding had taken place.

A detail such as this hasn’t been announced to the public.

WEDDING DETAIL UPDATE;

Wedding flowers, a picture released by the florist of Beatrices’ Bouquet;

Last edited:
I know Westminster Abbey has a tomb, for WA royal weddings. But is there a tomb in Windsor Park as well?

No. But Meghan and Eugenie's bouquets were taken from Windsor after their wedding and laid at WA after on the tomb.

Happy to have some good news to tune into on my morning coffee break. ?

So happy the couple found a way to have a ceremony with their immediate families. Glad that Beatrice was able to have her grandfather there for her. The queen likely will be around for a few years but Philip's health isn't great.

I do hope they get a reception with their friends, either in the UK or abroad, down the road when it is possible. They deserve the celebration as well.

I love they didn't release photos today in respect to Captain Tom.

I love the flowers. Always enjoy royal flowers that aren't simply white.

Those are absolutely beautiful flowers.

I'm glad for her it looks like she may have got the works on the flowers and maybe dress as well, despite the private ceremony.

[...]

I wouldn't be surprised if she had her lunch reception at her father's house, since they were in Windsor

Last edited by a moderator:
Please stay on the topic of thread, which is Beatrice's wedding. If you wish to discuss Prince Andrew, please do so in the relevant thread/s

The Queen was knighting Captain Tom Moore today at Windsor too, so nice coincidence if it is true. I hope it is. We need some happy news more than ever these days.

With it being unclear if and when this crisis will end, no longer postponing and have an intimate wedding seems the best solution.
The chapel looks really lovely. I hope the couple enjoyed their ceremony and are happy to start their married life. And I hope they will share a picture.

As others said earlier I suspect the Sun leaked it so BP reacted to it. I wonder if the plan was to announce either late tonight or early tomorrow that it had happened along with official pictures. I don't think BP would announce it and wait to release pictures otherwise. It was said in a number of places that they weren't releasing pictures as they didn't want to step on the Capt Tom Moore investiture and Camilla's birthday so I more likely believe they hoped they could announce after todays events. The Sun must have been tipped off because although we haven't seen HM and Philip out and about I don't think anyone would jump to "secret wedding for Beatrice" seeing them being driven to the chapel HM attends regularly anyway.

I can understand them choosing this option as it seems increasingly unlikely that large weddings will be able to happen again anytime soon, possibly until spring next year if the UK faces a second wave of Covid-19 over winter months as many predict. Living through these unusual times may also have made them thing they would rather marry sooner than later and they always seemed to have a small service planned with a larger party anyway so they are following that just with a justifiable reason for not having lots of guests. When things are more like normal they can have a big party to celebrate with a wider range of guests anyway.

Royal wedding pictures are always released a day or two after the ceremony anyway so I don't think it has anything to do with Cpt. Tom.

Royal wedding pictures are always released a day or two after the ceremony anyway so I don't think it has anything to do with Cpt. Tom.

Except that they’ve specifically said they haven’t released them so as to not overshadow the investiture.

This was a bit different though as we might have usually expected to get the front of the church and arrivals on the day at least. With it being a private ceremony the probably did want to release a few pictures at the same time as the official announcement.

Not that I expected any less but it's hilarious that Hello! has about 20 articles up already, despite having no pictures and very few details.

Looks like BP has now confirmed that it happened at 11 am today. I’m a bit surprised, but nevertheless pleased for Beatrice and Edo. I am curious who attended - all the Yorks I’m sure plus Edo’s mom, his son & possibly his siblings? Not sure what the currant rules are for UK weddings.

You're allowed a maximum of 30 people at weddings in England (the rules are different in other parts of the UK). However, at the moment, that's just for the ceremony. From 1st August, you'll also be allowed 30 people at the reception, but, at the moment, you can only have people from 2 households at the reception if it's inside, or a maximum of 6 people if it's outside. If the reception's in a restaurant, you can have as many people as the restaurant can fit in safely.

Confused? So's everyone else :lol:.

I assume they didn't bother with a reception - no-one would be bothered if any other couple had a few drinks and sandwiches in the garden, but it'd be pretty embarrassing if it came out that the Royal Family had broken the riles.

The reports are saying about 20 people. Beatrice and Edo, Wolfie, Eugenie and Jack, Prince Andrew and Sarah, the Queen and Prince Philip, the vicar, Edo's parents, his sister and brother, their partners ... that's not far off 20, without any friends, aunties, uncles or cousins.

Last edited:
I have a feeling that the wedding might have been live streamed to family members that couldn't attend. Maybe they will release some of that footage as well. Hopeful.

This was a bit different though as we might have usually expected to get the front of the church and arrivals on the day at least. With it being a private ceremony the probably did want to release a few pictures at the same time as the official announcement.

Not that I expected any less but it's hilarious that Hello! has about 20 articles up already, despite having no pictures and very few details.

Its about making lemonade. I must admit this is quiet a blow for these magazines and newspapers - royal weddings are a big draw.

100% agree, usually. But that is normally when the press have had some pictures or footage from the wedding anyway and the pictures are just the "formal" ones released after. Even Peter and Zara had pictures outside the church on the day though we didn't get to watch their weddings on TV. A number of royal journalists have said specifically that they didn't want to pictures so as not to overshadow Capt Tom and Camilla's birthday.

I am only guessing about the wedding details being leaked part but I agree with others who said that its likely they would have wanted to release the news along with a picture. Likely they thought no one would know and they could pick a nice picture from those taken and release it along with an announcement. BP has nothing on its official website or social media which they would do I feel certain if today was going to be the day they wanted it announced. Its no biggie at all so let's not let it ruin their special day.

I wonder if this was planned for quite a while or was a bit of a last minute job, I don't think wedding have been able to go ahead for very long in England so they might not have had all that long to plan. Maybe Beatrice will have opted to wear something less wedding dress like if thats the case.

The dress she intended to wear originally might have been ready. She was originally due to get married in May, so she'd probably had fittings before lockdown started.

One of Edo has cousins has reportedly told the press that they were forced to have a secret, hole in the corner wedding because of the Prince Andrew scandal. Why is there always someone who has to make nasty comments?

I hope Beatrice and Edo had a wonderful day.

I'm sure that she already had her dress, so why not wear it?
As for pictures, they will probably at least release a photo with the Queen.

That is a very pretty little church. I read there were lots of flowers so I bet it looked lovely.

Fair point I guess the dress would be close to being ready and I'm sure a designer would happily work on it during lockdown to get it done. I forgot they were close to the wedding when lockdown started.

Oh I knew someone would have to say something mean, they had already announced their plans - a wedding in a royal chapel in a royal palace with HM hosting a garden party at BP after. I don't see that as "secret" or "hole in the corner" wedding and if they had wanted to wait until next year (or whenever we get back to something normal) and do that I'm sure HM would have given it the go ahead no matter what was going on with Andrew.

Looking forward to the release on pictures of the happy couple. One thing I know though, Beatrice and Edo will not be adhering to any Covid-19 guideline tonight concerning social distancing. ?

Your comparison is apt.

Edo's paternal grandfather was an Italian count but Edo isn't.

Beatrice's paternal grandfather was a member of the Greek royal family but Beatrice isn't.

Personally, I disagree. Titles are independent of citizenship unless officially revoked or renounced. Eduardo is still a Italian Count as his father even emphasized in an interview and their children will be styled as Conde / Donna.

Privately, I have Polish citizenship, which didn't stop me from being an Austrian countess...

Without Covid I think the wedding they originally planned would have gone ahead, although it certainly solves the problem of keeping coverage of Andrew to a minimum as well.
There were unfortunately always going to be nasty things said about this wedding "how dare she have a normal wedding with her father disgraced" "she was forced to have a secret wedding because of her father's disgrace" etc. Secret, hush hush wedding because of a scandal sells more papers/gets more clicks than "got married with just close family because who knows what's going to happen next in 2020 and the maximum limit is 30". You know, just like Princes Raiyah did last week.

Weddings have only been allowed for a couple of weeks so assuming they may have already decided they wanted to marry ASAP, they didn't have that long to pull it together but her gown might have been almost ready. The bouquet certainly seems like the florist pulled out all the stops for it so I assume her dress is something special and not just something she pulled out of her proverbial cupboard, but we shall see.

In a practical sense it certainly makes it easier that they have a private chapel in the garden with its own vicar so no need to worry about finding a venue.

Personally, I disagree. Titles are independent of citizenship unless officially revoked or renounced. Eduardo is still a Italian Count as his father even emphasized in an interview and their children will be styled as Conde / Donna.

Privately, I have Polish citizenship, which didn't stop me from being an Austrian countess...

Italy officially revoked its titles of nobility in its first republican constitution of 1948 and Austria with a law which came into force in 1919. By Austrian law it is even illegal for an Austrian citizen to use a title of nobility.

Citizenship does play a role in many countries in relation to the legal recognition or non-recognition of titles. For example, the UK has a longstanding official policy of refusing legal recognition to foreign titles of nobility claimed by British citizens, even when the said titles are legally valid in their country of origin (which Italian titles are not).

Mr. Mapelli Mozzi's father may unofficially style his future grandsons as Conte (I am not sure if the Mapelli Mozzi family was ever entitled to be called Don/Donna), but the fact that both Edo Mapelli Mozzi and Buckingham Palace use the title of "Mr." for Edo is a clear indication that they will treat his children in the same manner.

The Italian government abolished the nobility in 1948. So while Edoardo's grandfather was legally a count (at least until 1948), Edoardo and his father are not.

They can continue to use the title socially but legally they are not counts. Alessandro chooses to use it but apparently Edoardo does not.

Last edited:
Its about making lemonade. I must admit this is quiet a blow for these magazines and newspapers - royal weddings are a big draw.

Yeah always a money maker and easy good press. They will have pictures tomorrow but it isn't quite the same. And I know it has been hard for some of these photographers, especially those not attached to agencies with the rota.

And Beatrice being the last wedding for a long awhile. It is a bit of a letdown.

Yeah always a money maker and easy good press. They will have pictures tomorrow but it isn't quite the same. And I know it has been hard for some of these photographers, especially those not attached to agencies with the rota.

And Beatrice being the last wedding for a long awhile. It is a bit of a letdown.

It isn't anyone's biggest problem at the moment. Even the photographers. I am delighted for her to get such an intimate ceremony as I feel it fits well with her as a person. Also I actually don't think that she cares about any of the extras. They used a florist down the road in Windsor and I wouldn't be surprised if she had a very simple dress.

If she cared about the trapping she would have waited a while as so many have. And as for a big party. It will be quite a while before any of us can have one of those.

Lovely flowers!!! Beautiful!! Can't wait to see her wedding dress now, I bet she was stunning!!

Yes, for a long while. Most of the heirs are young, either children or teenagers. Elisabeth and Hussein are the only heirs in early adulthood, but still too young to marry (at least, by today's standards). So, we probably won't get another big royal wedding for a long while. We'll probably see one in the next decade or so.

Unlike Eugenie's wedding, Beatrice's wedding didn't make it into the Court Circular. Eugenie had a more detailed description in the CC than Harry had and with Bea - nothing at all.

Last edited:
Unlike Eugenie's wedding, Beatrice's wedding didn't make it into the Court Circular. Eugenie had a more detailed description in the CC than Harry had and with Bea - nothing at all.

Quite sad for her she didn’t even get a line in the Court Circular to record her marriage.

Back
Top Bottom