Wedding of Princess Beatrice and Edoardo Mapelli Mozzi: July 17, 2020

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
wow, great news! this is the second COVID19 royal wedding!

i wonder if they will have a second wedding to celebrate properly with all their friends and family once this is all over. i think this was also convenient as having a big wedding (as eugenie did) would not have been appropriate following andrew being asked to step away from royal duties due to the epstein affair.

It does seem appropriate on both fronts. Even though her father's actions are certainly not her fault and shouldn't have impacted her day, there would certainly have been a lot of controversy around a much bigger wedding, even though it was already slimmed down from her sister's.

They wouldn't have a second wedding as you can't do that in the C of E but they probably will have a party with wider friends and family later on. They could have had a later blessing after a civil ceremony with a registrar but opted for a simple but full on church wedding instead.

I didn't expect the wedding to happen so soon but I guess they wanted to get it done. COVID and Andrew's mess impacted things. Congrats to the two. Will a guest list come out?

They'll probably have a party/celebration once it's possible to invite more people. And I'd think we'll get a couple of photos, maybe one of the happy couple and one of the family group.

They won't say so, but I'm quite sure that everyone who attended had to have a coronavirus test before being allowed anywhere near Windsor Castle. And it's a nice sunny day :) .

I didn't expect the wedding to happen so soon but I guess they wanted to get it done. COVID and Andrew's mess impacted things. Congrats to the two. Will a guest list come out?

I think it made sense to get on with it. The pandemic provides a degree of "cover", without having to directly confront the Andrew related issues.

Will wedding photos be released?

I am sure some will be released for the weekend press.

They'll probably have a party/celebration once it's possible to invite more people. And I'd think we'll get a couple of photos, maybe one of the happy couple and one of the family group.

You are right, they may have a party at the right time.

Last edited by a moderator:
I saw this on the Mail Online and came over to comment! I know she's not reading this but congratulations, Bea! I think she did the right thing - she wants to legally be his spouse in case one of them gets sick. And
they can always have a bigger celebration later - it's what most people are doing now.

Last edited:
There are a few photos circulating of the Queen and Prince Philip ... I don't know if some photographers are lurking around Windsor just in case they appear at any time!

Practically the entire royal rota is at Windsor today and have been since early morning for the investiture of Captain Sir Tom Moore.

Rebecca English even commented that they had seen The Queen and Prince Phillip leave Windsor this morning.

The photos of The Queen and Prince Phillip are of them journeying either to or from the church.

Reportedly there will be pics released tomorrow. Great that they were able to marry!

LaRae

good luck

with all the trouble surrounding DoY this thing today was the best solution and being "leaked" takes away further compilcations of how to announce it while so many people are upset.
we will see if we'll see or read much (officially) of the wedding, I doubt it.
and by the way, I and maybe them too feared how long they would have had to wait if sb died HM or Prince Philip, even without Covid and the problem DoY B&E simply took the best moment to get along with it and I think anyone entering this family like Edo might have had enough of all these complications, took the bride and off they go. the future is theirs once they can distance from het parents.
good luck for the three ;-)

I am so very pleased for them. A bit of sweetness in a now upside down world. No reason for them to have to wait to enjoy their married life. I wish them well and much happiness. Of course the vile news media MUST show photos of prior weddings to try and insult the huge difference along with comments about her father. For once, why couldn't they just be happy for others instead of offensive. Shame on them.

Congratulations to the couple. A bit surprised that the DoE made it to the event (he's 99 after all).

It seems that Andrew's presence has not been confirmed-- I seriously doubt that he missed his first born's wedding unless he was on his deathbed.

Is his child already in England? If not, he might have not been able to travel

If you refer to Wolfie Mapelli Mozzi, I believe the news reports indicated that his American-born mother is also based in England, and in any event the two parents appear to share custody, and so presumably their child would be in England either way.

If you refer to Wolfie Mapelli Mozzi, I believe the news reports indicated that his American-born mother is also based in England, and in any event the two parents appear to share custody, and so presumably their child would be in England either way.

Thanks! I was not aware that Wolfie and his mother were based in England as well.

Congratulations to the couple. A bit surprised that the DoE made it to the event (he's 99 after all).

It seems that Andrew's presence has not been confirmed-- I seriously doubt that he missed his first born's wedding unless he was on his deathbed.

I think its likely that they were advised to go ahead with the marriage, now when things are relatively calm.. because the DOE IS an very old man and the queen is also in her 90s. If they waited till spring next year, who knows. And this way we were able to avoid having Andrew and Fergie being around...

No, it;s not the same:

"Edo's grandfather was Count Gian Paolo Mapelli Mozzi (1922-80), Italian aristocrat, who married Gigliola Stoppani. Count Gian Paolo was a son of Count Luigi Mapelli Mozzi (1894-1948), who married Nobile Maria Mercedes Baroli.

Count Luigi was a son of Count Paolo Mapelli Mozzi (1854-1921), who married Enrichetta Tarsis dei Conti di Castel d'Agogna (1866-1941). Count Paolo was the son of Count Alessandro Mapelli Mozzi (1815-79) who married Nobile Ippolita Giulino dei Conti di Vialba.

The Mapelli Mozzi name came about from the marriage of Count Alessandro's father, Nobile Gerolamo Mapelli (1785-1842) with Angela Mozzi."

Giving the above we may consider Edoardo as half-Italian, although he was born and raised in the UK; his parents definitely wanted to underline it by giving him an Italian name.

And his father Alessandro Mapelli Mozzi grew up in Sottoriva, Ponte San Pietro, the home of his family seat, Villa Mapelli Mozzi, so he was born and raised in Italy and his first language is definitely Italian.

I agree with Tatiana Marie. Edoardo's paternal grandparents left Italy before his father was even born, just as Prince Philip left Greece before Andrew was born.

Edoardo's father Alessandro was born in Argentina and attended a Catholic boarding school in England. His mother and maternal grandmother even moved to England to be near him. He did not grow up at the family seat in Italy. Alessandro became a naturalized British citizen and represented Britain at the Olympics. He also married his first and second wives in England.

This is one of the few times I enjoyed reading the Fail comments....everyone who was gloating that Edo would dump Beatrice in the wake of Andrew's scandal and then the Covid crisis is being rather silent today....:lol:

Looks like BP has now confirmed that it happened at 11 am today. I’m a bit surprised, but nevertheless pleased for Beatrice and Edo. I am curious who attended - all the Yorks I’m sure plus Edo’s mom, his son & possibly his siblings? Not sure what the currant rules are for UK weddings.

Last edited:
Such lovely news and congrats to the couple! I think they made the right choice to have an intimate wedding right now while HM and HRH DoE can still be involved. Its also quite smart since now with the arrest and ensuing trial of G. Maxwell the DoY will certainly continue to be in the limelight for the wrong reasons. Now is really is the best time for this to have gotten married. Cant wait for the photos!

It is surprising and disappointing to see a media organization as respected as the BBC spreading the disinformation that Edo Mapelli Mozzi is "Italian". As has been reported and discussed, he is British-born and raised, has lived in the United Kingdom for his entire life, carries only British citizenship, and is chiefly of British descent. While he has visited Italy, his sole link to Italy is his patrilineal ancestry.

Characterizing Mr. Mapelli Mozzi as "Italian" is equivalent to characterizing the Duke of York as "Greek". (Edited to change the comparison.)

I have only just discovered that Edo’s father is a British Olympian.

Looks like BP has now confirmed that it happened at 11 am today. I’m a bit surprised, but nevertheless pleased for Beatrice and Edo. I am curious who attended - all the Yorks I’m sure plus Edo’s mom, his son & possibly his siblings? Not sure what the currant rules are for UK weddings.

30 people for the ceremony, including the vicar/registrar also long as the church can ensure social distancing and other rules, which BP has said they did. Enough for all close family who were available and well.

with all the trouble surrounding DoY this thing today was the best solution and being "leaked" takes away further compilcations of how to announce it while so many people are upset.
we will see if we'll see or read much (officially) of the wedding, I doubt it.

Well it seems they would have preferred it didn't leak today, so as not to overshadow the knighting of Sir Tom Moore. They're releasing photos tomorrow and apart from a few quotes about how happy everyone is, that's probably the last we'll officially hear of it.

But even if COVID and Andrew's increasingly messy scandal hadn't intervened I don't think we'd have had too much more. Apart from guests leaking the party on social media like they did before. They didn't have an engagement interview the same way Eugenie and Jack did.

Last edited:
Yay good for them! I hope they had a lovely day and the wedding they wanted, even though it wasn't the wedding they were planning.

I agree with Tatiana Marie. Edoardo's paternal grandparents left Italy before his father was even born, just as Prince Philip left Greece before Andrew was born.

Edoardo's father Alessandro was born in Argentina and attended a Catholic boarding school in England. His mother and maternal grandmother even moved to England to be near him. He did not grow up at the family seat in Italy. Alessandro became a naturalized British citizen and represented Britain at the Olympics. He also married his first and second wives in England.

Thanks! I thought I remembered reading that and indeed, that was what was reported in the media.

I have changed my comparison back to characterizing Princess Beatrice as "Greek".

Thanks! I was not aware that Wolfie and his mother were based in England as well.

After double-checking, her office is indeed in London (where Edo and Beatrice also live).

Last edited:
Thanks! I thought I remembered reading that and indeed, that was what was reported in the media.

I have changed my comparison back to characterizing Princess Beatrice as "Greek".

After double-checking, her office is indeed in London (where Edo and Beatrice also live).

Your comparison is apt.

Edo's paternal grandfather was an Italian count but Edo isn't.

Beatrice's paternal grandfather was a member of the Greek royal family but Beatrice isn't.

Delighted for Beatrice. She will not regret having a much smaller wedding but with her grandparents present.

And on the humorous side - I'm sure the DoE didn't mind having to physically distance from Sarah ;)

Was her flower bouquet placed on the tomb of the unknown solider - I would have thought that would have been the most subtle way to announced the wedding had taken place.

Was her flower bouquet placed on the tomb of the unknown solider - I would have thought that would have been the most subtle way to announced the wedding had taken place.

I know Westminster Abbey has a tomb, for WA royal weddings. But is there a tomb in Windsor Park as well?

Oh dear God thanks to all for this special blessing [...]

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom