Wedding of Princess Beatrice and Edoardo Mapelli Mozzi: July 17, 2020

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I wish them well, and hope we get a few pictures later.

Wonder who was there?

Hmmm something does tell me this shouldn’t have been announced today. The Sun got an exclusive and BP have had to be reactive to it.

Reporters are all at Windsor today but for the investiture of Captain Tom Moore at 3pm.

Congratulations to Princess Beatrice & Edoardo Mapelli Mozzi! :flowers:

Hmmm something does tell me this shouldn’t have been announced today. The Sun got an exclusive and BP have had to be reactive to it.

Reporters are all at Windsor today but for the investiture of Captain Tom Moore at 3pm.

That is clearly what happened. The Royal rota all seemed surprised when it was leaked. Clearly the family has no intention of this being the big news story of the day.

That is clearly what happened. The Royal rota all seemed surprised when it was leaked. Clearly the family has no intention of this being the big news story of the day.

Such a shame for both parties involved, Tom Moore will be the cover tomorrow I imagine but it’s taken away from both events. I would say The Sun should know better but it’s The Sun and they have no “better”.

From the BBC:

"Princess Beatrice has married Italian property tycoon Edoardo Mapelli Mozzi at a private ceremony in Windsor.

The ceremony on Friday morning, at The Royal Chapel of All Saints at Royal Lodge, was attended by her grandparents - the Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh - along with close family.

The wedding took place in accordance with all relevant government guidelines, Buckingham Palace said."

Last edited by a moderator:
Great news. Good for them.

Luckiest of them to have such an intimate ceremony. And who knows where groups will be able to gather again and it is the marriage that is the important thing not the wedding.

The Sun also leaked their engagement. So clearly there is someone in their camp chatting. Oh well. It has happened. Captain Moore will still have his dad but it is a bit of a shame that a tabloid has hijacked things once again.

Many congratulations to the couple, and their families.

Congratulations! Clearly they didn't want to wait so why not just go ahead and do it, solves a lot of potential issues for everyone. They can always have a big party later.

I think that is correct. This is the route that I had suggested for some time.

And another Sun Exclusive. They need to find that leak. I have a feeling they didn't want this info out today and honestly kind of feel bad the family couldn't announce it themselves.

It could be anybody from the dress designer, make-up / hair dresser to the florist.

Last edited by a moderator:
I suspect once we get pictures/coverage of the Queen doing the investiture and a beaming Sir Tom and his family, everything will be temporarily forgotten for these two until we get the pictures tomorrow.

I suspect once we get pictures/coverage of the Queen doing the investiture and a beaming Sir Tom and his family, everything will be temporarily forgotten for these two until we get the pictures tomorrow.

And that is very much the right way, IMO!

Congratulations to the couple!

Beatrice probably wanted so very, very much to have both her beloved grandparents see her making wedding vows

Oh how sweet that they've married and Granny and Grandpa were able to be there in attendance. I don't see it as being a "secret" wedding but rather a private, intimate one.

They also married on my son's and his wife's 10th wedding anniversary so I have the *perfect* song handy that I'll pass along here as I did to the kids. :)

It is also Duchess Camilla's 73rd birthday.

Who could attend?

Her parents, grandparents, sister with brother-in-law...
His mother and stepfather, his father and stepmother, his sister with brother-in-law, his half-brother...It would make 13 guests.

Who could attend?

Her parents, grandparents, sister with brother-in-law...
His mother and stepfather, his father and stepmother, his sister with brother-in-law, his half-brother...It would make 13 guests.

Difficult to tell, but something along those lines

I happy for them. Now they can start a new chapter of the rest of their lives.

Congratulations and good wishes to them.

You can have up to 30 guests at your wedding provided social distancing is in place so theoretically it could be the vicar, her parents, grandparents, sister and brother ln law, his mother and stepfather and possibly father and stepmother, brother and any other aunts and uncles/extremely close friends. Possibly his son, if his mother agreed.

All Saints is a royal peculiar and used by the Queen and people living working on the estates so easy to test, track and trace and make safe. Beautiful setting, if not what they originally planned.

It also had to be organised before the Queen left for Balmoral. Weddings have only been allowed since 4th July so they obviously decided right away that they wanted to "just get married already" and put this together in a couple of weeks.

Congratulations to the couple, and fabulous that Beatrice's grandparents were there. Great news in a year which has not had much.

From the BBC:

"Princess Beatrice has married Italian property tycoon Edoardo Mapelli Mozzi at a private ceremony in Windsor.

The ceremony on Friday morning, at The Royal Chapel of All Saints at Royal Lodge, was attended by her grandparents - the Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh - along with close family.

The wedding took place in accordance with all relevant government guidelines, Buckingham Palace said."

It is surprising and disappointing to see a media organization as respected as the BBC spreading the disinformation that Edo Mapelli Mozzi is "Italian". As has been reported and discussed, he is British-born and raised, has lived in the United Kingdom for his entire life, carries only British citizenship, and is chiefly of British descent. While he has visited Italy, his sole link to Italy is his patrilineal ancestry.

Characterizing Mr. Mapelli Mozzi as "Italian" is equivalent to characterizing Princess Beatrice as "Greek".

Last edited:
It is surprising and disappointing to see a media organization as respected as the BBC spreading the disinformation that Edo Mapelli Mozzi is "Italian". As has been reported and discussed, he is British-born and raised, has lived in the United Kingdom for his entire life, carries only British citizenship, and is chiefly of British descent. While he has visited Italy, his sole link to Italy is his patrilineal ancestry.

Characterizing Mr. Mapelli Mozzi as "Italian" is equivalent to characterizing Princess Beatrice as "Greek".

Does Edo have/manage Italian property?

To be honest, I don't think Captain Tom Moore is going to feel as if he's been overshadowed on his big day. This wonderful man is going to be over the moon mostly because he'll be meeting with and being honored by the Queen whom he has diligently served for so many years. He'll have his family with him to share in his special day and Beatrice's wedding will be something he'll be able to congratulate the Queen on the happy occasion up front and personally. In a way, it may even add to his special day.

My thoughts on the delay of the announcement by BP is perhaps they were thinking that they'd like to send out the announcement of the marriage and include pictures of the happy couple at the same time. I guess it doesn't really matter now as the cat's out of the bag but its still happy news all the way around. ?

Aww....what a romantic surprise to wake up to. I bet Beatrice looked beautiful but I doubt there will be any pictures released.

I hope sometime in the future the newlyweds can give a big glitzy party....IF that is what they want.;)

No, it;s not the same:

"Edo's grandfather was Count Gian Paolo Mapelli Mozzi (1922-80), Italian aristocrat, who married Gigliola Stoppani. Count Gian Paolo was a son of Count Luigi Mapelli Mozzi (1894-1948), who married Nobile Maria Mercedes Baroli.

Count Luigi was a son of Count Paolo Mapelli Mozzi (1854-1921), who married Enrichetta Tarsis dei Conti di Castel d'Agogna (1866-1941). Count Paolo was the son of Count Alessandro Mapelli Mozzi (1815-79) who married Nobile Ippolita Giulino dei Conti di Vialba.

The Mapelli Mozzi name came about from the marriage of Count Alessandro's father, Nobile Gerolamo Mapelli (1785-1842) with Angela Mozzi."

Giving the above we may consider Edoardo as half-Italian, although he was born and raised in the UK; his parents definitely wanted to underline it by giving him an Italian name.

And his father Alessandro Mapelli Mozzi grew up in Sottoriva, Ponte San Pietro, the home of his family seat, Villa Mapelli Mozzi, so he was born and raised in Italy and his first language is definitely Italian.

I do think a lot of emphasis is put on Edo's Italian paternal ancestry because if his very Italian name and title (which he doesn't use at all). His father went to an RC public school in the UK and holds dual citizenship.

If it was his maternal family who were Italian instead and his name was Edoardo Burrows then it wouldn't be reported on in the same way.

However it's not quite the same as theoretical news reports calling Beatrice "Greek" or the BRF in general "German."

Last edited:
The Royal Chapel of All Saints was such a nice private setting for the wedding.

wow, great news! this is the second COVID19 royal wedding!

i wonder if they will have a second wedding to celebrate properly with all their friends and family once this is all over. i think this was also convenient as having a big wedding (as eugenie did) would not have been appropriate following andrew being asked to step away from royal duties due to the epstein affair.

Congratulations to Beatrice and Eduardo! I am thrilled for them that they were able to marry in the low key ceremony that they had always wanted to have.

Back
Top Bottom