Wedding of Princess Beatrice and Edoardo Mapelli Mozzi: July 17, 2020

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Aww happy for them!

What they actually did havea secret marriage?

Congratulations! Clearly they didn't want to wait so why not just go ahead and do it, solves a lot of potential issues for everyone. They can always have a big party later.

So far only the online newspapers reporting it, wait and see if it makes the BBC soon lol.

I think they were right, the only important thing in a wedding is the commitment to each other... the rest is not very important and can be done in better times

They were really right not to wait any longer !

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess they did decide that they wanted to be married to each other more than they wanted the big celebrations, which aren't guaranteed to be available next year either.

Of course her Grandparents being in attendance was probably also a key factor. Their wider (and younger) family and friends can perhaps have a reception with them later on.

I do hope we get some pictures released though.

Edit: Yes less "secret" and more "private".

Last edited:
Oh how sweet that they've married and Granny and Grandpa were able to be there in attendance. I don't see it as being a "secret" wedding but rather a private, intimate one.

They also married on my son's and his wife's 10th wedding anniversary so I have the *perfect* song handy that I'll pass along here as I did to the kids. :)

What a wonderful surprise! Congratulations to them both! A lifetime of Love and Happiness!

What they actually did havea secret marriage?

Yep and I was hoping they would "elope" and seems they kind of did. It made the most sense all considering. Once things are a bit more stabilized I think they will do a bigger ceremony with extended family and friends.

I guess they did decide that they wanted to be married to each other more than they wanted the big celebrations, which aren't guaranteed to be available next year either.

Of course her Grandparents being in attendance was probably also a key factor. Their wider (and younger) family and friends can perhaps have a reception with them later on.

I do hope we get some pictures released though.

Edit: Yes less "secret" and more "private".

Possibly the issue is the age of the queen and Philip. If they waited a year, the grandparents are very old... and might not be there or might be too ill to attend. Im glad they did the right thing..

Oh how sweet that they've married and Granny and Grandpa were able to be there in attendance. I don't see it as being a "secret" wedding but rather a private, intimate one.

They also married on my son's and his wife's 10th wedding anniversary so I have the *perfect* song handy that I'll pass along here as I did to the kids. :)

I agree. It was not a "secret" wedding as their families were in attendance.

As I said in another forum, it would be unreasonable to expect them to wait as we won't be back to "normal" until the second half of 2021 in the best case scenario of an effective vaccine.

I am happy for them and wish them all the best.

Last edited:
Congratulations for them -best wishes.

Yep and I was hoping they would "elope" and seems they kind of did. It made the most sense all considering. Once things are a bit more stabilized I think they will do a bigger ceremony with extended family and friends.

Hardly an elopement.. a private marriage with only close family and possibly a few friends in attendance. They can't have another ceremony unless they renew their vows.

Awwwww so pleased for them and shows what is important to them is being husband and wife?

My prediction of 23/6 was right [emoji12]

Aaawww, good on them for going ahead and having their wedding, and how lovely her grandparents also attended :flowers:

Congratulations to the couple!

Hardly an elopement.. a private marriage with only close family and possibly a few friends in attendance. They can't have another ceremony unless they renew their vows.

Hence the quotation. I am well aware it is not that. And again they can have a small ceremony or reception with family or friends if they choose. People do this when their is a desire for more than one. I had a friend have two weddings... one in her home country and another in her husband, though the second wasn't really wedding. It was just more for the families to have that experience too as they were technically already married.

I am happy they went ahead and married. The future is unknown and her grandparents aren't getting any younger. It was the right decision all around. Wishing them looks of happiness.

https://www.news.com.au/entertainme...r/news-story/8698333b76a5cf7669af609967652ef2

An interesting line in this article:

Buckingham Palace has as yet not confirmed the wedding however British media reports say it has taken place.

Mind you they haven't denied it - but it is only the tabloids that are so far reporting it.

Another interesting tit bit I have picked up:

https://www.express.co.uk/news/roya...rdo-Mapelli-Mozzi-Windsor-Castle-Queen-latest

Today is the 103rd anniversary of the day George V chose to change (or at least make official) the royal house from Saxe-Coburg Gotha to Windsor.

Last edited:
That is probably the main reason they went ahead. The queen's at Windsor, and at her age and at Philips waiting another year till times are better is a bit chancy.. so they were probably advised that now that weddings are possible again a small private ceremony would be the best option. Good that they didn't end up iwht a big ceremony...

And another Sun Exclusive. They need to find that leak. I have a feeling they didn't want this info out today and honestly kind of feel bad the family couldn't announce it themselves.

Buckingham Palace confirm that Princess Beatrice and Edoardo Mapelli Mozzi were married (in accordance with all relevant government guidelines) at 11am today at The Royal Chapel of All Saints at Royal Lodge, Windsor. The Queen, Prince Philip and close family were in attendance.

No pictures until tomorrow as they don't want to overshadow Caption Tom Moore;s big day (also Camilla's birthday today too!). Sadly I do think has has a tad but glad we will get pictures soon.

My guess mom, dad, and sister are the close family. I wonder if his son was able to join.

I expect more details will be released by BP.. Perhaps Beat and Edo wanted to keep things private...they have had such bad luck, they may have wanted to get the ceremony done and dusted queitley...

Busy and happy day for the Queen.

Looking forward to pictures but it's also a good idea to hold them so Captain Sir Tom still gets his big Royal day.

Possibly they wanted to hold off on the actual news until tomorrow.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom