Wedding of Princess Beatrice and Edoardo Mapelli Mozzi: July 17, 2020

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
She looks radiant, as happy brides do, the setting looks beautiful. I think she caught everybody out with her choice of dress. The Queens tiara as well.
Do you think she always intended to wear a vintage royal dress, could that be where the rumours of making the dress herself came from. I never did believe that designers were refusing her.

The weddings were only called off in March, surely she would have already decided on a dress by then or possibly the dress didn't suit the small venue.

Last edited:
I was surprised about the tiara. I thought Beatrice would wear the York tiara. The tabloids are going to drive home Andrew being MIA from the pictures. Andrew's mess will be thrown in the York princesses' for time to come.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/princess-beatrice-gets-married-wedding-22377374

Princess Beatrice gets married in wedding dress and tiara borrowed from Queen

Beatrice wore a vintage Peau De Soie taffeta dress in shades of ivory by Norman Hartnell trimmed with Duchess satin and encrusted with diamante - which was on loan from the Queen.

The dress was remodelled and fitted by the Queen's senior dresser Angela Kelly and designer Stewart Parvin, Buckingham Palace said.

Beatrice also wore the Queen Mary diamond fringe tiara which was also on loan from the Queen and even worn by the monarch on her wedding day.

A closer look at the tiara and Beatrice's dress
https://i2-prod.mirror.co.uk/incoming/article22378503.ece/ALTERNATES/s615b/1_iii.jpg

Beatrice looks lovely and she and Edo both look so happy and excited. The flowers are fabulous. A great thought of the Queen's to lend her wedding tiara and the bride's vintage dress just complements it beautifully. So what if it wasn't a huge wedding! The couple married in front of their families and loved ones, including Wolfie, and that's all that really matters. I think it's great!

Aw so pleased for the happy couple, Prss Beatrice looks lovely and I love the choice of the Fringe Tiara with a tremendous history. Prince Philip looks very well.
I wish them a long and fruitful happy life together.

Dress is surprising considering the hat she wore to William’s wedding. I thought she would have some Vivienne Westwoodesque number.

Dress is surprising considering the hat she wore to William’s wedding. I thought she would have some Vivienne Westwoodesque number.

All brides are permitted to surprise. I bet she isn't the only bride that has decided to go ahead with the wedding but in a much smaller scale.
She might set a trend for borrowed dresses, although nobody else can say they borrowed the queens dress and tiara.

Neither can anybody complain about costs, Beatrice has been very cost effective.
I just think she looks great and so happy.

Dm (I know!) has more details:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...sted-diamante-huge-message-support-Queen.html

Guests were sworn to secrecy, with overnight accommodation provided at Royal Lodge, Andrew and Fergie’s grand Windsor home.

Edo’s sister Natalia, 38, and her husband Tod Yeomans, 36, arrived with their two children Coco and Freddie on Thursday afternoon for a quick rehearsal. Edo’s father, Olympic skier Count Alessandro Mapelli Mozzi, flew in from France, and maid of honour Eugenie, 30, joined the ‘rehearsal dinner’ with husband Jack Brooksbank.

Beatrice and Edo broke with tradition by spending the night before the wedding together.

The secluded Chapel of All Saints is opposite Royal Lodge, so Prince Andrew walked the bride to the church and down the aisle. The Queen and Prince Philip had slipped in a through a side entrance, thus maintaining social distancing. The church was decorated with pink and white delphiniums, roses, waxflower and hydrangeas from Windsor Great Park.

Beatrice carried a bouquet of trailing jasmine, pale pink and cream sweet peas, royal porcelain ivory spray roses, pink O’Hara garden roses, pink waxflower, baby pink astilbe and sprigs of myrtle. During the 30-minute service, Sarah Ferguson and Mrs Williams-Ellis read the bride and groom’s favourite poems: I Carry You In My Heart by E E Cummings and Shakespeare’s Sonnet 116. There was no singing, but a selection of music was played together with the National Anthem

The wedding breakfast was in a blue-and-white themed open-sided luxury Indian tent at Royal Lodge. Society caterers Spook London provided canapes and a sit-down lunch with wine and champagne.

Andrew and Edo gave speeches and the newlyweds enjoyed their first night together as man and wife in a special glamping pod.

Edo and Bea are not thought to have any immediate honeymoon plans and hope to celebrate their wedding later in the year with a ‘huge party’

Beatrice looks like she is on a cloud..radiantly happy. I don't think I can agree with anyone who thinks she may feel short-changed with this small and most private of Royal weddings.

IF the rumor that none of the high profile designers wanted to work with her because of her father's notoriety is true Beatrice has scored the ultimate "TAKE THAT" by wearing a vintage gown originally created for non other than HM Elizabeth II. Beatrice's coloring and features are perfect for that type of costume.

She even wore HM's own wedding tiara! And while I am not a fan of fringe tiaras, it goes very well with the vintage Hartnell.

I had hoped she would wear her hair up, but the style is beautiful and slightly 1940's so it's all good.;)

Last edited:
Honestly, did anyone guess the dress and choice of tiara? I didn't but WOW, everything seems to have been so beautiful and unexpected!

I thought that maybe the dress and tiara were ''a gift'' from the Queen since the wedding had to be cancelled because of the pandemic and surely Beatrice went through a rough time since her wedding was ''ruined''. Honestly, I never thought that we would have seen HM's wedding tiara on another bride in present times, let alone wearing one of HM's dresses.

It could also be that all of this was planned. Beatrice would have worn the same dress and the same tiara even if the wedding took place in May. Maybe because she is the last niece to get married in presence of the Queen and the DoE (Edward's children are still very young)

I was surprised about the tiara. I thought Beatrice would wear the York tiara. The tabloids are going to drive home Andrew being MIA from the pictures. Andrew's mess will be thrown in the York princesses' for time to come.

Sheesh :whistling:

Vintage is trending nowadays. It's cost effective, sustentable and what a great way to give a second life to some amazing clothes.
Considering that the attics of Buckingham are a full of Couture dresses from HM, this decision doesn't suprise me at all.
And what's more royal than a dress made by Norman Hartnell ?
Just love it.

Last edited:
Beatrice looks stunning and I love the flowers around the doorway!!

She must idolise her grandmother to wish to use a dress of hers! Wasn’t her engagement ring also styled on the Queen’s?

Here's some footage of Princess Beatrice's Wedding bouquet being placed on the tomb of the Unknown Warrior in Westminster Abbey.

Beatrice looks gorgeous and I absolutely love that her dress was a loan from HM. Special things can come out of a not so savoury circumstance - I'm sure Beatrice's original dress was going to be beautiful, too, but I imagine she couldn't access the fitting services due to the pandemic so she wore this Norman Hartnell instead.

I'm super envious of the couple's floral display too! I'd love to have a spring/early summer wedding with the seasonal flowers on display (though obviously not on as grand a scale as this!). Congrats to the couple. ?

Such an awkward picture. She looks nice though. Love the tiara.

Funnily enough I didn't think it was awkward, the queen looks genuinely happy for her granddaughter. The Queen and the DOE are not looking at the camera, they are looking at Beatrice.

How often outside a church have you seen family members watching as photographs are taken of their loved ones, I thought it looked quite natural, the Gparents watching while their granddaughter has her wedding photograph taken. A photograph of a scene rather than a posed photograph. Just my opinion.

Love the flowers.
Although I expected the York tiara, Queen Mary’s fringe tiara looks beautiful on Beatrice, I’ve been hoping to see a fringe tiara on a bride - I actually thought one would look great on Catherine, but it suits Beatrice IMO.
I suspect Beatrice always planned to wear the Hartnell dress, her original venue was small as well, so her choice reflects that, I think. Beatrice has always been interested in fashion so using a vintage dress fits with that.
Very much a fairytale wedding, IMO.

Lovely details, assuming the DM got them correct. Glamping pod in your parent's (large) back garden for your wedding night, heh. And Edo's father was there, there was speculation that he hadn't been able to make it. Sounds like a perfect cosy wedding to me.

I would be interested to know if she always planned to use her grandmother's dress or if her original one wasn't finished yet due to social distancing rules etc, just for curiosity's sake. The flowers are absolutely gorgeous and the small chapel gives off a very country parish feel despite its surroundings.

Love the flowers.
Although I expected the York tiara, Queen Mary’s fringe tiara looks beautiful on Beatrice, I’ve been hoping to see a fringe tiara on a bride - I actually thought one would look great on Catherine, but it suits Beatrice IMO.
I suspect Beatrice always planned to wear the Hartnell dress, her original venue was small as well, so her choice reflects that, I think. Beatrice has always been interested in fashion so using a vintage dress fits with that.
Very much a fairytale wedding, IMO.

I agree that Beatrice probably intended to wear that dress all along.

But as for the York tiara, I expect it is long gone.

It's a lovely tiara but it looks dreadful on Beatrice.The placing is awful.

I don't suppose they'll tell us whose idea it was for her to borrow one of the Queen's dresses, but I'd like to think that the Queen said that Beatrice could look at her old dresses and choose any one she liked to be made over :) .

I don't suppose they'll tell us whose idea it was for her to borrow one of the Queen's dresses, but I'd like to think that the Queen said that Beatrice could look at her old dresses and choose any one she liked to be made over :) .

It looked good on the Queen at the time but just.. no.

And we have some official photos and more information;

Beatrices’ dress was a remodelled version of a dress The Queen actually wore to the 1967 opening of parliament designed by Norman Hartnell. It was remodelled by Angela Kelly and Stewart Parvin.

I can't believe Beatrice wore Queen Mary's fringe tiara. That seems to confirm she is indeed one of her grandmother's favorites.

Last edited:
Dm (I know!) has more details:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...sted-diamante-huge-message-support-Queen.html

Guests were sworn to secrecy, with overnight accommodation provided at Royal Lodge, Andrew and Fergie’s grand Windsor home.

Edo’s sister Natalia, 38, and her husband Tod Yeomans, 36, arrived with their two children Coco and Freddie on Thursday afternoon for a quick rehearsal. Edo’s father, Olympic skier Count Alessandro Mapelli Mozzi, flew in from France, and maid of honour Eugenie, 30, joined the ‘rehearsal dinner’ with husband Jack Brooksbank.

Beatrice and Edo broke with tradition by spending the night before the wedding together.

The secluded Chapel of All Saints is opposite Royal Lodge, so Prince Andrew walked the bride to the church and down the aisle. The Queen and Prince Philip had slipped in a through a side entrance, thus maintaining social distancing. The church was decorated with pink and white delphiniums, roses, waxflower and hydrangeas from Windsor Great Park.

Beatrice carried a bouquet of trailing jasmine, pale pink and cream sweet peas, royal porcelain ivory spray roses, pink O’Hara garden roses, pink waxflower, baby pink astilbe and sprigs of myrtle. During the 30-minute service, Sarah Ferguson and Mrs Williams-Ellis read the bride and groom’s favourite poems: I Carry You In My Heart by E E Cummings and Shakespeare’s Sonnet 116. There was no singing, but a selection of music was played together with the National Anthem

The wedding breakfast was in a blue-and-white themed open-sided luxury Indian tent at Royal Lodge. Society caterers Spook London provided canapes and a sit-down lunch with wine and champagne.

Andrew and Edo gave speeches and the newlyweds enjoyed their first night together as man and wife in a special glamping pod.

Edo and Bea are not thought to have any immediate honeymoon plans and hope to celebrate their wedding later in the year with a ‘huge party’

Wow. Whoever thinks this was a "hole in the wall wedding" got it wrong. It was obviously small and quiet and uber private but it sounds extremely romantic. I especially love the bridal couple's choice to have "their" poem.."I Carry You in My Heart" by e.e. cummings..perfect for a wedding.?

I refuse to believe that the bride's father is not in any of the wedding photos. The more likely explanation is that Andrew is not in the photos that have been released to the public.

I am certain that he is in the photos for the family album.

Wow!! She did take everyone by surprise. I don’t think anyone would’ve guessed that she’d wear one of the queens gowns or the queens wedding tiara.

I liked the gown on the queen, not so much on Beatrice, but she looks soooooo happy that it doesn’t really matter.

This fringe tiara happens to be one of my favourites, and I never thought I’d see it on anyone other than the queen.

The floral decoration is lovely, I must say it looks like a warm wedding ceremony

The loan of Queen Mary's Fringe and the Hartnell dress is very strong show of love and support. The flowers are incredibly beautiful. The Queen and Duke of Edinburgh are beaming in the photograph that's been published.

Beatrice and Edo both look incredibly happy. A delightful surprise from her. And easily the most inexpensive royal wedding in recent memory.

Wow. Whoever thinks this was a "hole in the wall wedding" got it wrong. It was obviously small and quiet and uber private but it sounds extremely romantic. I especially love the bridal couple's choice to have "their" poem.."I Carry You in My Heart" by e.e. cummings..perfect for a wedding.?

I refuse to believe that the bride's father is not in any of the wedding photos. The more likely explanation is that Andrew is not in the photos that have been released to the public.

I am certain that he is in the photos for the family album.

Definitely not a hole in the wall wedding, the DM and Richard Kay were just being as uncharitable and nasty (and ignoring the many other scaled down weddings happening including another royal one), helped along by Edo's first cousin once removed who didn't actually know anything.

I'm sure they have photos with the Father of the Bride, just the ones release to the public were HM and Prince Philip and the one of them coming out of the church to keep the focus on the couple and her grandmother who contributed a lot to her day, as well as her not often seen nowadays grandfather.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom