Wedding of Princess Beatrice and Edoardo Mapelli Mozzi: July 17, 2020

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It feels like they are taking forever to post, hopefully a few pictures, the wait is dreadful :p

Of course they were concerned about the Andrew situation. for Bea to have big fancy wedding with photos of Andrew with her would not have gone down well. This way he was able to take his daughter down the aisle without any photographers and crowds.

That would mean that the wedding would have been planned with public optics as a focus rather than the wedding Bea wanted with her family. I wouldn't ever have had "what will people think!" play a part in a private, family wedding and I'm sure the BRF wouldn't put public optics above what the couple wanted for all the tea in China. They wouldn't *ever* had though to *not* have Andrew walk her down the aisle even if Andrew was convicted of murder and released from prison for the wedding. ?

"It would not have gone down well". With who? The public? The Daily Mail? The Society for Anachronistic Puritans?

Congratulations! I had a feeling this would happen, if my grandparents were 94 and 99 and I wanted to have them as guests at my wedding I'd marry yesterday. There will always be the time to do the rest, but it gets more and more unlikely for PP to attend a wedding next year.

yes, agreed - yet another good reason not to delay it! as much as we know, we may be as currently for several months and her grandparents are not young.

That would mean that the wedding would have been planned with public optics as a focus rather than the wedding Bea wanted with her family. I wouldn't ever have had "what will people think!" play a part in a private, family wedding and I'm sure the BRF wouldn't put public optics above what the couple wanted for all the tea in China. They wouldn't *ever* had though to *not* have Andrew walk her down the aisle even if Andrew was convicted of murder and released from prison for the wedding. ?

"It would not have gone down well". With who? The public? The Daily Mail? The Society for Anachronistic Puritans?

You really think that it does't matter how he's behaved or that the RF aren't conscious of it..

It is being reported that the decision to "strike" was made immediately after the British government announced new guidelines for weddings....and that the entire thing was put together by Sarah Duchess of York ...in two weeks!:ohmy:

ETA: The more people try to use Andrew's failings against his completely blameless girls the angrier I get. He is her father. She loves him. He had a right to attend her wedding if she wanted him on hand. This was a family event that didn't cost the taxpayer a cent. I don't get why this is difficult to understand.

Last edited:
Royal Twitter world seems to think pictures are on the usual 10.30p.m. embargo :whistling::whistling:

It is being reported that the decision to "strike" was made immediately after the British government announced new guidelines for weddings....and that the entire thing was put together by Sarah Duchess of York ...in two weeks!:ohmy:

THey coulld hardly plan before the Govt had agrreed that weddings could again take place... and by royal standards it is hardly difficult to plan a wedding for 15 or 20 people.. Im sure they have enough staff

You really think that it does't matter how he's behaved or that the RF aren't conscious of it..

His behavior matters and his family is very aware of anything and everything that concerns Andrew's behavior and blunders and just plain bad judgment *but* not where his daughter's wedding is concerned. They've taken appropriate measures too.

As Moonmaiden said and I totally agree. it was Beatrice's wedding. Andrew is her father whom she is very close to and loves very much. *That* is what matters. Not how to "hide" or "shelter" or "pretend Andrew doesn't exist" when it comes to his daughter's wedding.

THey coulld hardly plan before the Govt had agrreed that weddings could again take place... and by royal standards it is hardly difficult to plan a wedding for 15 or 20 people.. Im sure they have enough staff

IMO they have had an idea of what they would do once the restrictions were lifted. The dress must have been well on the way to completion by the end of March, probably continued with the plans re her dress.
Jewellery, hair etc.

Discussions with florists etc with regards the requirements, an idea of how much notice they required to fill the order.
The royal family is a business in its self, they probably were able to do everything in house if required.

Established her grandparents plans, pencilled in a few dates, then once the government announced the easing of the restrictions. Off we go.

A lunch for 20 is nothing in the royal family.
The Royal kitchens have their own pastry chefs etc, I am sure they could provide a wedding cake.
It was probably really exciting.

Princess Beatrice's Wedding

His behavior matters and his family is very aware of anything and everything that concerns Andrew's behavior and blunders and just plain bad judgment *but* not where his daughter's wedding is concerned. They've taken appropriate measures too.

As Moonmaiden said and I totally agree. it was Beatrice's wedding. Andrew is her father whom she is very close to and loves very much. *That* is what matters. Not how to "hide" or "shelter" or "pretend Andrew doesn't exist" when it comes to his daughter's wedding.

I agree with Osipi and Moon Maiden. They have followed the wedding they have followed the government guidelines and had the wedding they had been long awaiting. It was about them and love of family. I'm so pleased they were married and congrats to them.
We will never know who was disappointed and why. I want to see the photos pronto.

So glad they got married instead of waiting until next year as some brides have. I am sure the govt guidelines, and her grandparents, and possibly his son had a lot to do with it. The fact that this provides cover for her father is lucky. Not a driving factor but another piece of luck.
I can't WAIT for the pictures. I immediately thought that she wouldn't be wearing her wedding dress when I heard the news. But why not? And why not a TIARA. Please pix soon!

Odd. I mean, Beatrice and her new husband look great, but where are the bride's parents? :ermm:

I must say the dress looks exquisite and the Fringe is of course unexpected and a nice touch.

She looks lovely. I hope we get a better look at the dress as well. Also lovely that she wore Queen Mary's Fringe, I wasn't expecting that, but it's possibly a gesture of love and support from the Queen on this very unusual wedding.

I wonder if her parents will make an appearance in any further photographs or if those will be kept private? A little interesting that the first one released is with her grandparents, which kind of highlights the issue.

Last edited:
Andrew isn't actually known to have done anything other than have some very questionable friends and to have given a very ill-judged interview. The press are carrying on as if he's Jack The Ripper.

We'll never know exactly why Beatrice and Edo decided to get married now rather than wait, but I hope it was a wonderful day and that they have a wonderful marriage.

I'm not sure what will have been taken in the way of photos ... you aren't really supposed to get too close to anyone outside your own household, so the usual group photos probably aren't allowed. They may well have taken them anyway, but they won't release them. ETA - ah, I see that it's a very socially distanced photo, with Beatrice and Edo on one side and the Queen and Philip on the other, all rules observed! It's good to see Prince Philip looking so well.

Last edited:
Well her grandmother is the Queen. Why wouldn't you realise a picture of her.

She looks very like her grandmother on her wedding day. Cut of the dress is similar. Lovely touch with the tiara.

Such an awkward picture. She looks nice though. Love the tiara.

Glad to finally have pictures and I’M THRILLED she wore Queen Mary’s Fringe. I’d been hoping since Eugenie’s engagement one of the York princesses would wear the fringe for their weddings and become the 3rd generation to wear it. But someone told me once there was no way it would happen and that the Yorks weren’t significant enough to wear such an important piece. Hah! It looks beautiful on her too!

I’ve been so happy for Beatrice and Edo over the past day! So many have their reservations about him and his intentions but I think they’re the real deal and I’m wishing them a long and happy life!

I guess it could have been a bit tricky to stick to Covid-rules and have everyone in the pic? We may soon see other pics with other family members but we are not in normal times and I can't see HM and Phil at 90+ squeeing in for a picture with everyone else given this was the first time they've left the Castle's immediate grounds.

Last edited:
Exquisite, lovely, she looks so happy. The dress is different thank goodness. Yes I believe the Fringe Tiara is the highest compliment. The flowers so delicate. The queen looks lovely herself. The DOE looks so well, it's so good to see him.
More photos.

Was it just the four of them? I can't believe that. This makes me think they for sure doing another wedding. Might not be official but yeah I'm expecting it next year.

Was it just the four of them? I can't believe that. This makes me think they for sure doing another wedding. Might not be official but yeah I'm expecting it next year.

Nope, already confirmed at least Andrew and Edo’s son Wolfie we’re in attendance.

Beatrices’ bouquet was laid in royal tradition at the tomb of the unknown soldier at Westminster Abbey;

A vintage Norman Hartnell dress. Who would have guessed that!

They look very happy.

Some other royals might actually be jealous of the private wedding this Princess got. I remember reading in Princess Grace’s biographies that she and Rainier didn’t like their wedding because of all the hoopla. If it were up to them, they would have liked to get married in a small village church.

I don't know if the BBC have got this right or not, but, according to them, it's a Norman Hartnell dress borrowed from the Queen. It's certainly got a vintage look, but I just assumed it was the dress she'd been planning to wear anyway and that that was just the style she'd chosen. If it's borrowed, that really is like a wartime wedding with everyone rallying round to help out!

Ah - everyone's posted the same thing at once about the dress .

I'm not sure whether or not Andrew and Sarah class as a single household. If not, they'd have to have Beatrice and Edo in the middle, with Andrew at least 3ft away on one side and Sarah at least 3ft away on the other!

Last edited:

It was more than just the four of them and her parents were there, just not in the released photos (yet) but they'll probably do another party next year for their wider friends and family. The C of E doesn't allow do overs or blessings on church weddings so that's their ceremony forever.

I love the picture of them peeking around the flowers.

Back
Top Bottom