The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-17-2020, 03:58 PM
Heir Presumptive

Royal wedding pictures are always released a day or two after the ceremony anyway so I don't think it has anything to do with Cpt. Tom.

Old 07-17-2020, 04:05 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by sophie25 View Post
Royal wedding pictures are always released a day or two after the ceremony anyway so I don't think it has anything to do with Cpt. Tom.

Except that theyíve specifically said they havenít released them so as to not overshadow the investiture.

Old 07-17-2020, 04:05 PM
Royal Highness

This was a bit different though as we might have usually expected to get the front of the church and arrivals on the day at least. With it being a private ceremony the probably did want to release a few pictures at the same time as the official announcement.

Not that I expected any less but it's hilarious that Hello! has about 20 articles up already, despite having no pictures and very few details.
Old 07-17-2020, 04:16 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by sndral View Post
Looks like BP has now confirmed that it happened at 11 am today. Iím a bit surprised, but nevertheless pleased for Beatrice and Edo. I am curious who attended - all the Yorks Iím sure plus Edoís mom, his son & possibly his siblings? Not sure what the currant rules are for UK weddings.
You're allowed a maximum of 30 people at weddings in England (the rules are different in other parts of the UK). However, at the moment, that's just for the ceremony. From 1st August, you'll also be allowed 30 people at the reception, but, at the moment, you can only have people from 2 households at the reception if it's inside, or a maximum of 6 people if it's outside. If the reception's in a restaurant, you can have as many people as the restaurant can fit in safely.

Confused? So's everyone else .

I assume they didn't bother with a reception - no-one would be bothered if any other couple had a few drinks and sandwiches in the garden, but it'd be pretty embarrassing if it came out that the Royal Family had broken the riles.

The reports are saying about 20 people. Beatrice and Edo, Wolfie, Eugenie and Jack, Prince Andrew and Sarah, the Queen and Prince Philip, the vicar, Edo's parents, his sister and brother, their partners ... that's not far off 20, without any friends, aunties, uncles or cousins.
Old 07-17-2020, 05:10 PM
Royal Highness

I have a feeling that the wedding might have been live streamed to family members that couldn't attend. Maybe they will release some of that footage as well. Hopeful.
Old 07-17-2020, 05:13 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavs View Post
This was a bit different though as we might have usually expected to get the front of the church and arrivals on the day at least. With it being a private ceremony the probably did want to release a few pictures at the same time as the official announcement.

Not that I expected any less but it's hilarious that Hello! has about 20 articles up already, despite having no pictures and very few details.
Its about making lemonade. I must admit this is quiet a blow for these magazines and newspapers - royal weddings are a big draw.
Old 07-17-2020, 05:31 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by sophie25 View Post
100% agree, usually. But that is normally when the press have had some pictures or footage from the wedding anyway and the pictures are just the "formal" ones released after. Even Peter and Zara had pictures outside the church on the day though we didn't get to watch their weddings on TV. A number of royal journalists have said specifically that they didn't want to pictures so as not to overshadow Capt Tom and Camilla's birthday.

I am only guessing about the wedding details being leaked part but I agree with others who said that its likely they would have wanted to release the news along with a picture. Likely they thought no one would know and they could pick a nice picture from those taken and release it along with an announcement. BP has nothing on its official website or social media which they would do I feel certain if today was going to be the day they wanted it announced. Its no biggie at all so let's not let it ruin their special day.

I wonder if this was planned for quite a while or was a bit of a last minute job, I don't think wedding have been able to go ahead for very long in England so they might not have had all that long to plan. Maybe Beatrice will have opted to wear something less wedding dress like if thats the case.
Old 07-17-2020, 05:46 PM
Serene Highness

The dress she intended to wear originally might have been ready. She was originally due to get married in May, so she'd probably had fittings before lockdown started.

One of Edo has cousins has reportedly told the press that they were forced to have a secret, hole in the corner wedding because of the Prince Andrew scandal. Why is there always someone who has to make nasty comments?

I hope Beatrice and Edo had a wonderful day.
Old 07-17-2020, 05:49 PM
Heir Apparent

I'm sure that she already had her dress, so why not wear it?
As for pictures, they will probably at least release a photo with the Queen.

That is a very pretty little church. I read there were lots of flowers so I bet it looked lovely.
Old 07-17-2020, 05:52 PM
Heir Apparent

Fair point I guess the dress would be close to being ready and I'm sure a designer would happily work on it during lockdown to get it done. I forgot they were close to the wedding when lockdown started.

Oh I knew someone would have to say something mean, they had already announced their plans - a wedding in a royal chapel in a royal palace with HM hosting a garden party at BP after. I don't see that as "secret" or "hole in the corner" wedding and if they had wanted to wait until next year (or whenever we get back to something normal) and do that I'm sure HM would have given it the go ahead no matter what was going on with Andrew.
Old 07-17-2020, 05:55 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Looking forward to the release on pictures of the happy couple. One thing I know though, Beatrice and Edo will not be adhering to any Covid-19 guideline tonight concerning social distancing.
Old 07-17-2020, 05:58 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gawin View Post
Your comparison is apt.

Edo's paternal grandfather was an Italian count but Edo isn't.

Beatrice's paternal grandfather was a member of the Greek royal family but Beatrice isn't.
Personally, I disagree. Titles are independent of citizenship unless officially revoked or renounced. Eduardo is still a Italian Count as his father even emphasized in an interview and their children will be styled as Conde / Donna.

Privately, I have Polish citizenship, which didn't stop me from being an Austrian countess...
Old 07-17-2020, 06:01 PM
Royal Highness

Without Covid I think the wedding they originally planned would have gone ahead, although it certainly solves the problem of keeping coverage of Andrew to a minimum as well.
There were unfortunately always going to be nasty things said about this wedding "how dare she have a normal wedding with her father disgraced" "she was forced to have a secret wedding because of her father's disgrace" etc. Secret, hush hush wedding because of a scandal sells more papers/gets more clicks than "got married with just close family because who knows what's going to happen next in 2020 and the maximum limit is 30". You know, just like Princes Raiyah did last week.

Weddings have only been allowed for a couple of weeks so assuming they may have already decided they wanted to marry ASAP, they didn't have that long to pull it together but her gown might have been almost ready. The bouquet certainly seems like the florist pulled out all the stops for it so I assume her dress is something special and not just something she pulled out of her proverbial cupboard, but we shall see.

In a practical sense it certainly makes it easier that they have a private chapel in the garden with its own vicar so no need to worry about finding a venue.
Old 07-17-2020, 06:26 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daggy97 View Post
Personally, I disagree. Titles are independent of citizenship unless officially revoked or renounced. Eduardo is still a Italian Count as his father even emphasized in an interview and their children will be styled as Conde / Donna.

Privately, I have Polish citizenship, which didn't stop me from being an Austrian countess...
Italy officially revoked its titles of nobility in its first republican constitution of 1948 and Austria with a law which came into force in 1919. By Austrian law it is even illegal for an Austrian citizen to use a title of nobility.

Citizenship does play a role in many countries in relation to the legal recognition or non-recognition of titles. For example, the UK has a longstanding official policy of refusing legal recognition to foreign titles of nobility claimed by British citizens, even when the said titles are legally valid in their country of origin (which Italian titles are not).

Mr. Mapelli Mozzi's father may unofficially style his future grandsons as Conte (I am not sure if the Mapelli Mozzi family was ever entitled to be called Don/Donna), but the fact that both Edo Mapelli Mozzi and Buckingham Palace use the title of "Mr." for Edo is a clear indication that they will treat his children in the same manner.
Old 07-17-2020, 06:27 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daggy97 View Post

The Italian government abolished the nobility in 1948. So while Edoardo's grandfather was legally a count (at least until 1948), Edoardo and his father are not.

They can continue to use the title socially but legally they are not counts. Alessandro chooses to use it but apparently Edoardo does not.
Old 07-17-2020, 06:37 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claire View Post
Its about making lemonade. I must admit this is quiet a blow for these magazines and newspapers - royal weddings are a big draw.
Yeah always a money maker and easy good press. They will have pictures tomorrow but it isn't quite the same. And I know it has been hard for some of these photographers, especially those not attached to agencies with the rota.

And Beatrice being the last wedding for a long awhile. It is a bit of a letdown.
Old 07-17-2020, 07:01 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACO View Post
Yeah always a money maker and easy good press. They will have pictures tomorrow but it isn't quite the same. And I know it has been hard for some of these photographers, especially those not attached to agencies with the rota.

And Beatrice being the last wedding for a long awhile. It is a bit of a letdown.
It isn't anyone's biggest problem at the moment. Even the photographers. I am delighted for her to get such an intimate ceremony as I feel it fits well with her as a person. Also I actually don't think that she cares about any of the extras. They used a florist down the road in Windsor and I wouldn't be surprised if she had a very simple dress.

If she cared about the trapping she would have waited a while as so many have. And as for a big party. It will be quite a while before any of us can have one of those.
Old 07-17-2020, 07:05 PM
Heir Presumptive

Lovely flowers!!! Beautiful!! Can't wait to see her wedding dress now, I bet she was stunning!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACO View Post

Yes, for a long while. Most of the heirs are young, either children or teenagers. Elisabeth and Hussein are the only heirs in early adulthood, but still too young to marry (at least, by today's standards). So, we probably won't get another big royal wedding for a long while. We'll probably see one in the next decade or so.
Old 07-17-2020, 07:25 PM
Imperial Majesty

Unlike Eugenie's wedding, Beatrice's wedding didn't make it into the Court Circular. Eugenie had a more detailed description in the CC than Harry had and with Bea - nothing at all.
Old 07-17-2020, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
Unlike Eugenie's wedding, Beatrice's wedding didn't make it into the Court Circular. Eugenie had a more detailed description in the CC than Harry had and with Bea - nothing at all.

Quite sad for her she didnít even get a line in the Court Circular to record her marriage.

God Save The Queen!