Wedding of Princess Beatrice and Edoardo Mapelli Mozzi: July 17, 2020

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Elisabeth and Hussein are the only heirs in early adulthood, but still too young to marry (at least, by today's standards). So, we probably won't get another big royal wedding for a long while. We'll probably see one in the next decade or so.

Prince Hussein is definitely not too young, he has just turned 26.
Elisabeth technically isn't too young either, but she focuses on her education now.
You forgot Josef Wenzel, who is 25.

P.S. Maybe we will soon have another Covid Wedding? (Princess Theodora and Matthew Kumar).

Quite sad for her she didn’t even get a line in the Court Circular to record her marriage.

I do think they could have done something like:

Her Majesty The Queen, accompanied by HRH The Duke of Edinburgh, attended the wedding of HRH Princess Beatrice of York to Mr Edoardo Mapelli-Mozzi at the Chapel at Royal Lodge at Windsor.

They don't need all the details that were included for Harry's or even the longer list of attendees that were there for Eugenie's.

As it seems that news of the wedding wasn't supposed to come out until the weekend maybe they will do an 'addendum' on Monday ...

Regarding the pics of the flowers....it has been now said those were not the flowers from her wedding. The flowers being posted were a gift from the florist to the bride.

LaRae

I'm happy for Princess Beatrice and I like how everything was managed. Well-done!

How wonderful for the bridal couple! I am really glad to see that being married was more important than the big celebration - as seemed the case based on their hesitation to call off the wedding when they first called off the Buckingham Palace reception.

The location points to them considering it important for Beatrice's grandparents to attend; and it seems the queen was a proud grandmother otherwise she wouldn't have talked about it at the investiture ceremony later that day :)
"My granddaughter got married this morning. Both Philip and I managed to get there - very nice."

You can have up to 30 guests at your wedding provided social distancing is in place so theoretically it could be the vicar, her parents, grandparents, sister and brother ln law, his mother and stepfather and possibly father and stepmother, brother and any other aunts and uncles/extremely close friends. Possibly his son, if his mother agreed.

All Saints is a royal peculiar and used by the Queen and people living working on the estates so easy to test, track and trace and make safe. Beautiful setting, if not what they originally planned.

It also had to be organised before the Queen left for Balmoral. Weddings have only been allowed since 4th July so they obviously decided right away that they wanted to "just get married already" and put this together in a couple of weeks.

Why 'if his mother agreed'? Don't they have shared custody? Would it really be up to his mother to decide whether he could attend his own father's marriage ceremony? I would hope that to be the groom's decision - hopefully without any discussions with his former partner; but would Wolfie's mother - according to British law - truly be in a position to prohibit her son from attending his own father's marriage ceremony if his father wanted him there (which I assume is a no brainer - as why would he not want his son to attend)?

Location for her grandparents but also her. The home is right across the road basically from Royal Lodge.

I suspect the queen will be happy to have a celebration for them later when able. She paid for a reception for all of her grandkids, and hosted the ceremonies as well. I don't think she will do less by Beatrice when safe to do so. It might even be a nice one year anniversary celebration for the couple.

I wonder if they had a small lunch at Royal lodge with just their parents and siblings. Households would work (well his siblings may be questionable). Eugenie and Jack stayed at Royal Lodge during much of the lock down, and Beatrice and Edo have stayed with his mother and stepfather in Oxford. That would meet the two households rule.

I suspect Beatrice likely wore her gown intended. Even if just the wedding ceremony. The designer would have been working on it prior to lockdown. She likely had a second dress planned for the reception like other royal brides. That can be saved for a later party/renewal down the line.

Looks like Harry is not the only Windsor with big mouth in laws

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-gets-wed.html

DM is throwing in every angle of the Epstein/Maxwell scandal on this day. Richard Kay throwing in the wedding circumstances confirms Andrew's fall. Sad for Bea.

Every royal spouse has had at least one loose lipped relative.

How soon we forget Jack's grandmother's take on her grandson, when she was requested for a quote on their marriage. It was far more cute then the hurtful comments from in laws we wont mention, but still. Uncle Gary certainly has spoken to the press as well.

Dario seems one of those cousins dredged out of the wood work for a quote. Not someone that close at all. And he basically said 'it could have been about covid and the queen's health, or maybe about Andrew'.

The DM is the one making it some scandalous hidden wedding due to Andrew. When in reality it was the only king of wedding they really could have during all of this.

Why 'if his mother agreed'? Don't they have shared custody? Would it really be up to his mother to decide whether he could attend his own father's marriage ceremony? I would hope that to be the groom's decision - hopefully without any discussions with his former partner; but would Wolfie's mother - according to British law - truly be in a position to prohibit her son from attending his own father's marriage ceremony if his father wanted him there (which I assume is a no brainer - as why would he not want his son to attend)?

Agreed.

If it had been a big public televised wedding Dara may have been bitchy and tried to prohibit her son being there and not wanting him seen. But this is a private ceremony, and there is really no grounds for her to deny him having his son at his wedding.

They share joint custody so its not like he needed to request a special visitation with him. And they live in London, so its not like Wolfie had to travel to be there.

Last edited:
I'm sure that she already had her dress, so why not wear it?
As for pictures, they will probably at least release a photo with the Queen.

That is a very pretty little church. I read there were lots of flowers so I bet it looked lovely.

PEOPLE Magazine online has a few details...Beatrice did indeed wear the very gown she had intended to wear in May. She was attended only by Princess Eugenie. There was a family dinner at Royal Lodge in the evening. The bride and groom will leave for Italy next month.

Someone who attended leaked the information that the entire affair reeked of " intimacy and romance".

This was not a typical British Royal wedding but it seems to have traded grandeur for class and elegance. I like it.;)

Can't wait for the pictures.

ETA: The florist put a photo of the bridal flowers on her IG account and they are very summery and gorgeous. I don't know how to post the link from my phone, sorry.

Last edited:
PEOPLE Magazine online has a few details...Beatrice did indeed wear the very gown she had intended to wear in May. She was attended only by Princess Eugenie. There was a family dinner at Royal Lodge in the evening. The bride and groom will leave for Italy next month.

Someone who attended leaked the information that the entire affair reeked of " intimacy and romance".

This was not a typical British Royal wedding but it seems to have traded grandeur for class and elegance. I like it.;)

Can't wait for the pictures.

ETA: The florist put a photo of the bridal flowers on her IG account and they are very summery and gorgeous. I don't know how to post the link from my phone, sorry.

The florists' post about flowers has already been linked a page back. They were indeed beautiful.

Not surprised her only attendant was Eugenie. They could only have 30 people including themselves and the minister. After them, the minister, her grandparents, her parents, his mother/stepfather, Alby, his sister and brother in law, Wolfie, Eugenie/Jack we are already at 15. Its not likely their friends with little kids who may have been bridesmaids in their original plan, came to the wedding. I guess they could have invited some friends, but they would not have been able to have their friends at even a lunch (following guidelines) and likely wouldn't ask them to travel for just the ceremony right now.

Trading in grandeur really wasn't much their choice. With the situation as it is, either it was small and romantic or wait a year at least for grandeur.

Here is the people link

https://people.com/royals/princess-beatrice-edoardo-mapelli-mozzi-intimate-wedding-amid-coronavirus/

ABC news says Buckingham Palace has confirmed etc etc.
I am very happy for Princess Beatrice and Edoardo, so sad that they could not have a big wedding if that was what they wanted. I do hope they get the chance to have a big celebration with their families and friends when the time is right.
I wonder how she will be styled now; as Mrs Mozzi or as The Princess Beatrice, Mrs Mozzi, or something along those lines.
Hope we get some great photos of her special day.

There have been persistent reports ever since the announcement of her engagement that Beatrice did not want the same type of large publicized wedding that her sister and her cousins had.

I doubt she had something quite as scaled background as THIS in mind....but as others have pointed out there is always the possibility
she and Edo can host a more lavish party to invite their many high society friends to later.;)

Last edited:
I'm so glad they 'niked' it. So looking forward to the photos to see if there was a tiara and always enjoy seeing a wedding outfit. Not long to wait now I hope.

I'm pleased for them that they've had their wedding with close family, especially HMQ and Prince Philip.

Those flowers are awful. The colours don't flow, the arrangement lacks good design and the whole look is very dated. I hope Beatrice had someone with more skill and taste to create her bouquet.

If this goes on much longer, there are going to be a lot of weddings like this, and I suppose they'll just be looked back on as coronavirus-era weddings. My grandparents had a very small wedding at short notice in 1941, when my grandad was able to get a few days' leave from the Army. It wasn't what they'd planned, but it was just the way things were at the time, and it was the same for a lot of couples. Hopefully Beatrice and Edo will have a long and happy marriage, and then it won't really matter that they missed out on a big wedding :) .

I didn't mean anything by it, just have family experience of an ex who is using COVID restrictions and worries as a way to try prevent a family member seeing his young daughter despite such a situation being exempt from lockdown rules but the government and I was just thinking about that when I wrote. You're right, there's no reason to think he wasn't there, in fact most reports do have him there.

His cousin seems like the rent a quote you unfortunately get with people who aren't necessarily close that suddenly find the DM willing to pay them so they can create 50 articles about a "scandal" and unfortunately it was always going to happen one way or another here, despite some other obvious reasons.

Those flowers are awful. The colours don't flow, the arrangement lacks good design and the whole look is very dated. I hope Beatrice had someone with more skill and taste to create her bouquet.

I thought the colours were very autumnal, rather than high summer.

I'm pleased for them that they've had their wedding with close family, especially HMQ and Prince Philip.

Different style, different taste.

ABC news says Buckingham Palace has confirmed etc etc.
I am very happy for Princess Beatrice and Edoardo, so sad that they could not have a big wedding if that was what they wanted. I do hope they get the chance to have a big celebration with their families and friends when the time is right.
I wonder how she will be styled now; as Mrs Mozzi or as The Princess Beatrice, Mrs Mozzi, or something along those lines.
Hope we get some great photos of her special day.

She won't be The Princess Beatrice as she isn't the child of a monarch.

She will probably be HRH Princess Beatrice, Mrs Edoardo Mapell-Mozzi which is the same form as Eugenie who is now HRH Princess Eugenie, Mrs Jack Brooksbank.

Congratulations to the newly weds!!!

As a royal wedding fan, obviously I would have liked to see a ''normal'' royal wedding like that of her sister Eugenie but if this was their wish then all I can do is hope to see some pictures soon! I'm very curious to see the dress and the choice of tiara.

I wish them well, and hope we get a few pictures later.

Wonder who was there?

I would think that Princess Eugenie and Jack Brooksbank would be there. It would be nice if Princess Beatrice wore a tiara.

a lovely bouquet. hope we get the official pictures soon.

does this mean the queen went to the wedding, then came back to knight sir tom? (or viceversa)

the fact that these two events happened on the same day makes me think the decision of B&E to wed yesterday was quickly taken, as i assume that sir tom's knighthood was scheduled some months in advance.

Captain Sir Tom Moore's knighthood was announced in May and the date announced a few days ago. The government signaled it was going to start weddings from the 4th of July at the end of June, so they didn't have long to plan it.

Everything that has been said, points to them scheduling around the Queen, when she was available and before she went to Balmoral in a couple of weeks time. She seems to have left the church after the service and gone back to the castle to prepare, which she might have done anyway, to follow government guidelines about receptions.

I would think that Princess Eugenie and Jack Brooksbank would be there. It would be nice if Princess Beatrice wore a tiara.

Assuming the reports of her wearing her originally planned wedding dress are true then it seems likely she wore the originally planned tiara. But we'll see when they release the photo(s).

a lovely bouquet. hope we get the official pictures soon.

does this mean the queen went to the wedding, then came back to knight sir tom? (or viceversa)

the fact that these two events happened on the same day makes me think the decision of B&E to wed yesterday was quickly taken, as i assume that sir tom's knighthood was scheduled some months in advance.

The Queen told Sir Tom about the wedding earlier that day. So the Queen knighted Sir Tom after the ceremony in the chapel of Royal Lodge.

The Queen told Sir Tom about the wedding earlier that day. So the Queen knighted Sir Tom after the ceremony in the chapel of Royal Lodge.

In a way, having both events on the same day was kind of nice. Wasn't tasking on the Queen and the DoE (would be comparable to going to church on Sunday) and then nipping home to invest Sir Tom with his knighthood and then you have two nonagenarians meeting in the castle grounds and swiping family stories. I think it must have been special for Sir Tom to have the Queen tell him about her granddaughter's wedding. It made it more of a personal thing being knighted. ?

In a way, having both events on the same day was kind of nice. Wasn't tasking on the Queen and the DoE (would be comparable to going to church on Sunday) and then nipping home to invest Sir Tom with his knighthood and then you have two nonagenarians meeting in the castle grounds and swiping family stories. I think it must have been special for Sir Tom to have the Queen tell him about her granddaughter's wedding. It made it more of a personal thing being knighted. ?

It sounds like the wedding was short and simple.. and no real party if the queen left to do the knighting.. Perhaps they had a socially distance few drinks and eats in the evening..

Congratulations! I had a feeling this would happen, if my grandparents were 94 and 99 and I wanted to have them as guests at my wedding I'd marry yesterday. There will always be the time to do the rest, but it gets more and more unlikely for PP to attend a wedding next year.

There have been persistent reports ever since the announcement of her engagement that Beatrice did not want the same type of large publicized wedding that her sister and her cousins had.

I know the DM isn't always trustworthy, but they printed that the original guest list was 1,560.

(I kept thinking that can't be right, but who knows? Anyway that would be a huge wedding!)

The chapel at St James' can only hold about 150 guests IIRC. They could have had many more at the reception and any after parties held at Royal Lodge/other venues but 1,560 seems....inaccurate on the DM's part.

Back
Top Bottom