The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 11-06-2020, 08:12 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
Far better then the 'balcony kiss' or the 'church stairs'. Such a lovely intimate feel. Like they have run off into the gardens for a private moment, and someone snapped it. I love they are holding hands.
Agree 100 per cent. Unlike those sometimes awkward "kiss on demand " Royal wedding balcony scenes, this one
looked spontaneous, romantic and very passionate.

What a beautiful photo!

"The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice". Martin Luther King Jr. 1929-1968
Old 11-06-2020, 11:33 AM
Royal Highness

Hmmm, I have tried but no, something is lacking for me in this wedding. Perhaps it's her dress, or the last minute look. I guess it is just not my thing. I stay with her sister, she is my no. 1 of British royal brides.

Old 11-06-2020, 11:40 AM
Royal Highness

Beatrice and Eugenie's weddings were as different as night and day to me. Both lovely but there's no point in comparing them.

I suspect that they would have loved more friends and family there but under the circumstances the idea that they decided to go ahead and get married because that was more important than a big party, with just the people that really, truly mattered made it very special. As did they "lets all pull together and make this happen in two weeks" nature of it I imagine. And then there were still the unmistakably royal touches of course.
Old 11-06-2020, 12:31 PM
Courtier

This Wedding was very special. It was their day, not anyone else's. The most important people in their life were present. Parents and siblings from both families and her beloved Grandparents. For once one did not see Celebs, who forced themself's into two sizes to small dresses and prance on their way to church, see me, I am here. This day belonged to them and only them.
Old 11-06-2020, 01:24 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC21091968 View Post
Beatrice and Edo's kiss on their wedding day. The image was from Sarah's thank you note to a fan.

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2020/11...4395095498.jpg

I love how Beatrice and Edo were holding hands!!
Great way to show more pictures of your wedding: have your mother send a variety of pictures as thank you notes
Old 11-06-2020, 06:15 PM
Aristocracy

No matter if we like or dislike any aspect of the Bea and Edo’s wedding, or anyone’s wedding, it really is not up to us. They couple planned the wedding for themselves which made them very happy. That’s what counts. The smile on their face was enough.

And Bea I believe may start a trend during this Covid time, wearing a wedding dress belonging to a family member. It’s hard to go shopping with restrictions and even the expense is too much for some. Bea showed the brides there is another option. Good for her!
Old 11-06-2020, 06:36 PM
Imperial Majesty

Agree, and according to several bridal industry experts and fashion designers there has indeed been a definite uptick in brides opting for vintage bridal gowns since Princess Beatrice's July wedding.

"The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice". Martin Luther King Jr. 1929-1968
Old 11-06-2020, 11:47 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
For all the gloom, these two have given us a small gift of joy and I believe they actually had the wedding the wanted even if a bit short on extended family and friends.

Had things been normal there would have been more than a few obligation invites for both Bea and Edo, business co workers and then both parents. Instead they had the ultimate private wedding and a truly joyful and loving occasion.
Her wedding was never going to be large, filled with 'obligatory guests'.

Originally it was scheduled to be at the royal chapel which seats less then 150 people if I recall. After their extended families, and their close friends, there would not have been much left for any obligatory guests. Maybe one or two from charities. Definitely not the kind of scale of her sister or cousins.

It was always meant to be a private wedding and much more intimate then her cousins (even Peter and Zara). It just took it to a whole new level with covid.