Wedding of Princess Beatrice and Edoardo Mapelli Mozzi: July 17, 2020

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Annulments are not easily gained even for the upper crust.

I don't think that's true.
My cousin got his marriage annulled and he'd been married 24 years, and had three children!

You just need your witness to make a good case for you.

(I think it is actually easier for people who are NOT high--profile).

Just noticing that the hem of the gown is slight higher in front than in a back....very elegant! I had really hoped that the veil would also be on display as well. Rather disappointed that it isn't.

Beatrice looks really pretty in the dark blue floral print dress.

Last edited:
Princess Beatrice looks like she is having some wonderful beautiful memories of her wedding! She look very pretty is the blue dress.

Even with the mask on you can tell how happy she is. :flowers:

I love the replica of her bouquet. I think it is one of my favorite royal bouquets if not the. I love there is color and variety, not the usual white or so very pale yellows and pinks. Other then the few blue flowers in Eugenie's, the only real variance has been Camilla's which had yellow and blue and while in light shades, were not overly buried in white so stood out. Even private brides like Gabriella, Autumn and Zara went white.

:previous:
Beatrice's bouquet was so vibrant, it is definitely one of my favorites.

But I did like Gabriella's too.

Thanks to Princess Beatrice, it's all about vintage bridal dresses next year

It looks like Princess Beatrice is setting a trend for vintage bridal gowns!

The royal bride borrowed her Norman Hartnell wedding dress from her grandmother the Queen, sparking a new bridal trend for 2021 and beyond. Here, Stewart Parvin, the Queen's couturier, offers his tips

https://www.tatler.com/article/vintage-upcycling-wedding-dress-trend

Beatrice's bouquet

Beatrice's bouquet was so vibrant, it is definitely one of my favorites.

But I did like Gabriella's too.

I love a colorful bouquet it has a beauty of it's own. :flowers:

Even with the mask on you can tell how happy she is. :flowers:

I love the replica of her bouquet. I think it is one of my favorite royal bouquets if not the. I love there is color and variety, not the usual white or so very pale yellows and pinks. Other then the few blue flowers in Eugenie's, the only real variance has been Camilla's which had yellow and blue and while in light shades, were not overly buried in white so stood out. Even private brides like Gabriella, Autumn and Zara went white.

Gabriella's bouquet wasn't all white, it was mainly made up of peach and lemon coloured flowers, perfect shades for the Springtime wedding it was.

I was meant to type that, but clearly my hands are not matching my brain!! ?

I have edited my previous post now.

Looks like someone simply zoomed in on original photo, to be 'closer' but lost the quality of the photo in the process.

Nice to see another snap of their wedding though. And happiness :flowers:

I think I found two more images, the second one (in the order of the instagram post) was the one that I have shared earlier. I think all three of them were taken while Beatrice and Edo were walking in Great Windsor Park. These images are posted by Sarah's fan account.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CG5p0WfHJFb/

For all the gloom, these two have given us a small gift of joy and I believe they actually had the wedding the wanted even if a bit short on extended family and friends.

Had things been normal there would have been more than a few obligation invites for both Bea and Edo, business co workers and then both parents. Instead they had the ultimate private wedding and a truly joyful and loving occasion.

I'm sure there were others they would have liked to include, but they had a nice wedding anyway.

Far better then the 'balcony kiss' or the 'church stairs'. Such a lovely intimate feel. Like they have run off into the gardens for a private moment, and someone snapped it. I love they are holding hands.

Agree 100 per cent. Unlike those sometimes awkward "kiss on demand " Royal wedding balcony scenes, this one
looked spontaneous, romantic and very passionate.

What a beautiful photo!

Hmmm, I have tried but no, something is lacking for me in this wedding. Perhaps it's her dress, or the last minute look. I guess it is just not my thing. I stay with her sister, she is my no. 1 of British royal brides.

Beatrice and Eugenie's weddings were as different as night and day to me. Both lovely but there's no point in comparing them.

I suspect that they would have loved more friends and family there but under the circumstances the idea that they decided to go ahead and get married because that was more important than a big party, with just the people that really, truly mattered made it very special. As did they "lets all pull together and make this happen in two weeks" nature of it I imagine. And then there were still the unmistakably royal touches of course.

This Wedding was very special. It was their day, not anyone else's. The most important people in their life were present. Parents and siblings from both families and her beloved Grandparents. For once one did not see Celebs, who forced themself's into two sizes to small dresses and prance on their way to church, see me, I am here. This day belonged to them and only them.

No matter if we like or dislike any aspect of the Bea and Edo’s wedding, or anyone’s wedding, it really is not up to us. They couple planned the wedding for themselves which made them very happy. That’s what counts. The smile on their face was enough.

And Bea I believe may start a trend during this Covid time, wearing a wedding dress belonging to a family member. It’s hard to go shopping with restrictions and even the expense is too much for some. Bea showed the brides there is another option. Good for her!

:previous: Agree, and according to several bridal industry experts and fashion designers there has indeed been a definite uptick in brides opting for vintage bridal gowns since Princess Beatrice's July wedding.;)

For all the gloom, these two have given us a small gift of joy and I believe they actually had the wedding the wanted even if a bit short on extended family and friends.

Had things been normal there would have been more than a few obligation invites for both Bea and Edo, business co workers and then both parents. Instead they had the ultimate private wedding and a truly joyful and loving occasion.

Her wedding was never going to be large, filled with 'obligatory guests'.

Originally it was scheduled to be at the royal chapel which seats less then 150 people if I recall. After their extended families, and their close friends, there would not have been much left for any obligatory guests. Maybe one or two from charities. Definitely not the kind of scale of her sister or cousins.

It was always meant to be a private wedding and much more intimate then her cousins (even Peter and Zara). It just took it to a whole new level with covid.

The Incredible Reason Princess Beatrice got married in The Queen's dress

Back
Top Bottom