The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-25-2020, 10:54 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by An Ard Ri View Post
Do we know if Beatrice and Edoardo are on honeymoon in the UK?

They said "no immediate honeymoon plans".

Hotels are open, so, as long as they're OK with staying in a public hotel, they could be, but they said they didn't have any plans.

Old 07-25-2020, 11:30 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by An Ard Ri View Post
Do we know if Beatrice and Edoardo are on honeymoon in the UK?
Based on press commentary, they are not going away just yet, but may go sometime later.

Old 07-26-2020, 07:34 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
Based on press commentary, they are not going away just yet, but may go sometime later.
They're supposedly in France (Daily Mail I know)
Old 07-26-2020, 08:58 PM
Majesty

https://youtu.be/mxg1h-HIDDU

They have been spotted on a road trip, driving throughout France. The vehicle loaded with luggage, Edoardo at the wheel...just the two of them.

It sounds terribly romantic, honestly.

"The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice". Martin Luther King Jr. 1929-1968
Old 07-27-2020, 08:39 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaye1850 View Post
I also wonder about the veil, especially as to whether it’s the same fine material as the sleeves?
Is there any information on which company the veil came from?
Old 07-27-2020, 10:12 PM
Majesty

I suppose Parvin must have designed and made it.

"The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice". Martin Luther King Jr. 1929-1968
Old 08-02-2020, 12:49 AM

I join others in congratulating the Royal Couple.
Old 08-02-2020, 10:33 PM
Commoner

I think her wedding dress outshine all Royal weddings in recent years.
Old 08-02-2020, 10:50 PM
Majesty

Perhaps for British Royal weddings...but not all Royal weddings in general. There are other wedding dresses I like better.

But for romance Beatrice takes the prize. The overall effect...venue, gown, tiara, florals, photos...was absolutely stunning.

Old 08-08-2020, 11:47 AM
Commoner

I read the whole thread and I'm happy to share the opinion of many who loved the whole concept of the wedding. Beatrice looked stunning, the dress was unique and wonderful, the atmosphere must have been lovely. She really made the best of a difficult situation with Covid restrictions - and for me, her wedding photos top most of what I've seen from other royal weddings. Intimate, loving, and the strong connection to her grandparents - what could be more fitting for a princess?

I wish her and her sister all the happiness in the world.
Old 08-08-2020, 12:12 PM
Majesty

The wedding photo featuring Beatrice and Edo in silhouette in the gardens at Royal Lodge after the ceremony was inspired.

Best Royal wedding photo ever, imo

Welcome to TRF.

Old 08-09-2020, 03:45 AM
Heir Apparent

Were any white Roses of York used in the floral decorations of the wedding?
Old 08-09-2020, 12:12 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diotima View Post
I read the whole thread and I'm happy to share the opinion of many who loved the whole concept of the wedding. Beatrice looked stunning, the dress was unique and wonderful, the atmosphere must have been lovely. She really made the best of a difficult situation with Covid restrictions - and for me, her wedding photos top most of what I've seen from other royal weddings. Intimate, loving, and the strong connection to her grandparents - what could be more fitting for a princess?

I wish her and her sister all the happiness in the world.
Oh yes, I agree. Of all the huge fancy royal weddings with well-known personalities taking up photos in media because they attended, this small loving happy wedding is one that I would have loved to attend or at lease seen a video of ceremony. Sometimes the large ones seem more like a staged circus whereas small and intimate can bring tears for its sweetness. Maybe just my 78 year old sensitivity making an appearance!
Old 08-09-2020, 12:21 PM
Heir Apparent

Yes I agree with you
Old 08-10-2020, 10:00 AM
Majesty

Well Winnie, the wedding of the heirs heir was as it had to be. There were State and Diplomatic rules to follow especially as we are all aware the when the time comes it could be Charles rules for 2 or 20 years.

A large part of theroyal family in any democracy is to be at the beck and call of the government through the foreign affairs department so a private service would definitely not have flown.

Harry and Meghan, although smaller would also not have flown any more than Eugenie and Jack would have been allowed a private wedding.

But, for Eugenie and her Edo the stars aligned and she got to have a totally private wedding and judging from the photos, it was perfect for them. Bea and Edo made a realistic decision on their wedding that they would never have gotten away with in this "entitled" time but along came Covid-19 and the county and the the world changed.

Beatrice sensibly ditched her original plans for her dress (it was after all being designed for the same type of wedding her sister had at Windsor Chapel). The guest list may have been more or less the same.

But the wedding was to he held in All Saints Chapel in Great Windsor Park with a maximum of 20 guests. Her entire wedding ensemble was (we understand) organized in a couple of weeks and wearing one of 'Granny's couture gowns minus the more voluminous petticoats was inspired and her hair was how she almost always wears it and Granny topped it off with a cracker tiara.

They threw us a bone they didn't have to with the photos but they looked so serene and in love and so dit Queen Elizabeth and Prince Philip for that matter.

We may live in different times for as long as the next decade but I think the royal reporters will again be demanding a seat to see what they (theoretically) paid for.
Old 08-10-2020, 11:06 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
A large part of theroyal family in any democracy is to be at the beck and call of the government through the foreign affairs department so a private service would definitely not have flown.

Harry and Meghan, although smaller would also not have flown any more than Eugenie and Jack would have been allowed a private wedding.
IMO, H&M could have had a much smaller wedding, if they so wanted to.
Old 08-10-2020, 11:15 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
IMO, H&M could have had a much smaller wedding, if they so wanted to.
I agree and so could Eugenie. Who on earth would/could have stopped any of them having a small and/or private wedding? I enjoyed the spectacle of both weddings but found Harry's OTT for a divorced bride.
Old 08-10-2020, 12:17 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilyflo View Post
I agree and so could Eugenie. Who on earth would/could have stopped any of them having a small and/or private wedding? I enjoyed the spectacle of both weddings but found Harry's OTT for a divorced bride.
It really is down to the couple in question. Great oppotunity to bring tgether close friends like Oprah and the Clooney's, with former friends like Skippy!
Old 08-10-2020, 12:19 PM
Majesty

Quote:
It really is down to the couple in question. Great oppotunity to bring tgether close friends like Oprah and the Clooney's, with former friends like Skippy!
A great ptiy they didn't have a quiet private wedding like Beatrice's....
Old 08-10-2020, 12:32 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilyflo View Post
Princess Michael of Kent, also a divorced bride, had a big wedding when marrying Prince Michael of Kent.