The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-17-2020, 07:55 AM
Majesty

That is probably the main reason they went ahead. The queen's at Windsor, and at her age and at Philips waiting another year till times are better is a bit chancy.. so they were probably advised that now that weddings are possible again a small private ceremony would be the best option. Good that they didn't end up iwht a big ceremony...

Old 07-17-2020, 07:56 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
https://www.news.com.au/entertainmen...af609967652ef2

An interesting line in this article:

Buckingham Palace has as yet not confirmed the wedding however British media reports say it has taken place.

Mind you they haven't denied it - but it is only the tabloids that are so far reporting it.

It’s been confirmed, someone wrote that line too soon.

https://twitter.com/re_dailymail/sta...998418950?s=21

Old 07-17-2020, 07:57 AM
Heir Apparent

And another Sun Exclusive. They need to find that leak. I have a feeling they didn't want this info out today and honestly kind of feel bad the family couldn't announce it themselves.
Old 07-17-2020, 07:57 AM
Heir Apparent

According to Rebecca English at the Daily Mail, Buckingham Palace has now confirmed that the wedding has taken place and also that it was held in accordance with government guidelines.

https://twitter.com/RE_DailyMail/sta...998418950?s=19
Old 07-17-2020, 07:58 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
It’s been confirmed, someone wrote that line too soon.

https://twitter.com/re_dailymail/sta...998418950?s=21

Any news on who presided at the service ?
Old 07-17-2020, 08:02 AM
Heir Apparent

Buckingham Palace confirm that Princess Beatrice and Edoardo Mapelli Mozzi were married (in accordance with all relevant government guidelines) at 11am today at The Royal Chapel of All Saints at Royal Lodge, Windsor. The Queen, Prince Philip and close family were in attendance.

No pictures until tomorrow as they don't want to overshadow Caption Tom Moore;s big day (also Camilla's birthday today too!). Sadly I do think has has a tad but glad we will get pictures soon.

My guess mom, dad, and sister are the close family. I wonder if his son was able to join.
Old 07-17-2020, 08:02 AM
Heir Apparent

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-53445109

BBC reporting it so that suggests its true to me as they very rarely publish royal stories without confirmation
Old 07-17-2020, 08:04 AM
Majesty

I expect more details will be released by BP.. Perhaps Beat and Edo wanted to keep things private...they have had such bad luck, they may have wanted to get the ceremony done and dusted queitley...
Old 07-17-2020, 08:04 AM
Imperial Majesty

The Times is now reporting the wedding:

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/n...dsor-qt0ndxbmz

Sorry this may be behind a pay wall for many of you
Old 07-17-2020, 08:05 AM
Royal Highness

Busy and happy day for the Queen.

Looking forward to pictures but it's also a good idea to hold them so Captain Sir Tom still gets his big Royal day.

Possibly they wanted to hold off on the actual news until tomorrow.
Old 07-17-2020, 08:06 AM
Heir Apparent

I wish them well, and hope we get a few pictures later.

Wonder who was there?
Old 07-17-2020, 08:07 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Hmmm something does tell me this shouldn’t have been announced today. The Sun got an exclusive and BP have had to be reactive to it.

Reporters are all at Windsor today but for the investiture of Captain Tom Moore at 3pm.
Old 07-17-2020, 08:08 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
I wish them well, and hope we get a few pictures later.

Wonder who was there?

I am pretty sure further details will come with the pictures.
Old 07-17-2020, 08:08 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Congratulations to Princess Beatrice & Edoardo Mapelli Mozzi!
Old 07-17-2020, 08:10 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
Hmmm something does tell me this shouldn’t have been announced today. The Sun got an exclusive and BP have had to be reactive to it.

Reporters are all at Windsor today but for the investiture of Captain Tom Moore at 3pm.
That is clearly what happened. The Royal rota all seemed surprised when it was leaked. Clearly the family has no intention of this being the big news story of the day.
Old 07-17-2020, 08:11 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACO View Post
That is clearly what happened. The Royal rota all seemed surprised when it was leaked. Clearly the family has no intention of this being the big news story of the day.

Such a shame for both parties involved, Tom Moore will be the cover tomorrow I imagine but it’s taken away from both events. I would say The Sun should know better but it’s The Sun and they have no “better”.
Old 07-17-2020, 08:13 AM
Serene Highness

From the BBC:

"Princess Beatrice has married Italian property tycoon Edoardo Mapelli Mozzi at a private ceremony in Windsor.

The ceremony on Friday morning, at The Royal Chapel of All Saints at Royal Lodge, was attended by her grandparents - the Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh - along with close family.

The wedding took place in accordance with all relevant government guidelines, Buckingham Palace said."
Old 07-17-2020, 08:13 AM
Serene Highness

Great news. Good for them.

Luckiest of them to have such an intimate ceremony. And who knows where groups will be able to gather again and it is the marriage that is the important thing not the wedding.
Old 07-17-2020, 08:14 AM
Heir Apparent

The Sun also leaked their engagement. So clearly there is someone in their camp chatting. Oh well. It has happened. Captain Moore will still have his dad but it is a bit of a shame that a tabloid has hijacked things once again.
Old 07-17-2020, 08:14 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post
According to press reports Beatrice and Edoardo married at Windsor today, July 17, 2020.

** dm article: Breaking news: Princess Beatrice marries Italian property developer Edoardo Mapelli Mozzi in secret ceremony at Windsor Castle..**
Many congratulations to the couple, and their families.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy100 View Post
Congratulations! Clearly they didn't want to wait so why not just go ahead and do it, solves a lot of potential issues for everyone. They can always have a big party later.
I think that is correct. This is the route that I had suggested for some time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACO View Post
And another Sun Exclusive. They need to find that leak. I have a feeling they didn't want this info out today and honestly kind of feel bad the family couldn't announce it themselves.
It could be anybody from the dress designer, make-up / hair dresser to the florist.