Wedding of Pierre Casiraghi and Beatrice Borromeo, July 25 & August 1, 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Beatrice's 2 gowns are breathtaking! Her wedding is my favorite royal wedding dress this year so far.

I liked a lot Charlotte's yellow lace outfit and the shawl is gorgeous.
I think that Gad should have no education. It is not the first time he does not care to help Charlotte walking behind. Especially in the difficult moment of disembark from a boat with an evening dress.

The daily mail does not check their facts he is not royal and this is not a royal wedding. It is a society wedding no royal wedding.

I'm confused - did he start the day out in a morning suit and then change into black tails at some point?

Gad , one of our best french Actors in his worst role : "un figurant"!

I'm confused - did he start the day out in a morning suit and then change into black tails at some point?

He married (a day wedding) with the suit called "bonjour" and he went in the evening reception with a black tie.
All correct.

the 2nd dress the white gown was lovely, to me the best one...the wedding dress was nothing special, I was expecting more form her I was dissapointed...after all I was dissapointed with all the dress code....even Charlotte wore a ZARA dress....:sad:very confuse dress code..and the most terrible thing and also very dangerous the lack of disembarkation facility..for the old ladies it should have been vey difficult...for those in high heels very embracing...

Last edited:
And he was adorable in both of the suits. What a wedding! Lots of clothes-changing, constant possibility of guests falling into the water, beautiful people, odd people, beautiful gowns, strange gowns, and a mariachi band.

It is great to see that Haakon and MM were at the wedding after all, though I still find it odd that just Marius was with them out of their (I know Haakon is Marius's stepfather) children. However in his latest appearance Sverre Magnus looked as if he was about to fall asleep, perhaps he's one of those children who gets bored easily and Haakon and MM thought he would get too bored at the wedding. I also spotted Princess Maria Gabriella of Savoy as another Italian royal guest.

I think Beatrice has set a royal record on the number of dresses worn at a wedding. :D I still don't know which is her wedding dress, but one thing I do know is that her Armani gown is beautiful, and her pre-wedding dress was also great and rather fantasy looking, my first thought was that she reminded me of Galadriel.

In the Daily Mail article there is a photo of Lana Del Rey at the wedding. How does she know the couple?

Last edited:
What a wedding indeed. Difficult to keep up with who wore what to which part of the celebrations. Some of the best and worst wedding outfits I have seen ( did Alex Dellal really wear jeans for the religious ceremony ?) I 'd like to see a compilation of pics for each of the ladies - perhaps for the fashion threads. A shame that Albert and Charlene were unable to attend.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

Some of those dresses...not at all appropriate for a wedding....and some of the colors, sheesh. I was kinda disappointed in what DVF wore...I expected something very glam from her.

LaRae

Wedding dress: http://www.therealmyroyals.com/

Last edited by a moderator:
I loved all of Beatrice's dresses. Her actual wedding dress/hair looked very renaissance and flattering on her. I can't say I cared for Caroline's dress, I thought it rather strange especially the "gloves". Charlotte looked pretty but nothing spectacular. Stephanie looked nice as well. I can't say I particularly liked the Lame (I think) dress on Camille as I think she is still too young for that sort of dress. I thought Pierre looked terrific both for the wedding and afterward.

I can't say I was especially impressed by Gad, he looked like he had new shoes and needed to wear them a bit more. Haha

EDT: I thought Tataiana's red dress was the prettiest of those she wore for the events.

Last edited:
I loved her pre wed party dress/gown and the wedding gown was nice too. Recognised many of the guests. But I wonder why Athina Onassis doesn't attend any of these celebrations, imagining of course that she was invited in the first place. Lots of security were visible here in Italy.

A very stylish bride, indeed! Lovely.

I can't wait to see the dresses of the Borromeo sisters. Generally, I think that the Borromeo women were much more elegant than the Casiraghi side (Charlotte's dresses for the ceremonies were very disappointing to me). I wonder if, in a way, it was a conscious decision to avoid taking the limelight away from the bride and her family. I'm sure P Caroline and Charlotte know that they gather a LOT of attention everywhere they go.
Paola Marzotto didn't look well. I know it's not the policy of this forum to speculate on plastic surgery, so I'll just say that her face didn't look natural...

Indeed, in my opinion the bride overshadowed everyone else! Her choices were elegant, stylish and romantic. I was very disappointed with the outfits worn by most of the other guests, including P Caroline, Tatiana and Charlotte. P Alexandra and Pauline looked nice. I didn't see Camille at today's events, was she present? And of course, I'm disappointed that P Albert and P Charlene did not attend.

Beatrice and Pierre make a striking and glamorous couple. I hope their happiness will continue as it was evident over the past two weekends of their wedding celebrations.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community

I loved her pre wed party dress/gown and the wedding gown was nice too. Recognised many of the guests. But I wonder why Athina Onassis doesn't attend any of these celebrations, imagining of course that she was invited in the first place. Lots of security were visible here in Italy.

Why Athina Onassis should be invited at first place? She is not friends or the couple. She has a loose connection with Charlotte because of the horses but this is all. And Charlotte was not at Athina's wedging. Why Athina should be at Pierre's one?

Indeed, in my opinion the bride overshadowed everyone else! Her choices were elegant, stylish and romantic. I was very disappointed with the outfits worn by most of the other guests, including P Caroline, Tatiana and Charlotte. P Alexandra and Pauline looked nice. I didn't see Camille at today's events, was she present? And of course, I'm disappointed that P Albert and P Charlene did not attend.

Beatrice and Pierre make a striking and glamorous couple. I hope their happiness will continue as it was evident over the past two weekends of their wedding celebrations.

I agree!! :flowers: I found Princess Alexandra particularly nice, but all the other guests quite disappointing. I bet we'll see some good outfits from the Lavinia, Isabella and Matilde!

Here's Isabella: quite understated but nice (her dress at the civil ceremony was much nicer and elegant. Go figure) http://scanpix.no/spWebApp/preview....7&search.rbase=SP_TEMP&search.tabId=editorial

And here's a look at her evening gown. Very pretty http://scanpix.no/spWebApp/preview....h.previewNumResults=35&search.tabId=editorial (Is she carrying some sort of windbreaker/umbrella in that black bag???!! She had it earlier , too!)

Last edited:
Beatrice has set a record for SIX costume changes at her wedding and looked like perfection each time...:ohmy::p
07/25/2015...Monte Carlo, Monaco
1)pale lavender lace trimmed in gold for Civil Ceremony
2)Monegasque national costume for Palace Garden reception
3)backless Valentino tulle ball gown for Gala dinner at the Hotel de Paris

08/01/2015...Borromeo Islands, Lago di Maggiore
1)sheer lace gown with pink underskirt for wedding eve cocktail party
2)simple but striking formal bridal gown with long train and veil for religious service
3)showstopper white Grecian goddess dress for wedding dinner

I've got to give it to this girl, she could give lessons on how to look like a perfect bride! I agree with C4A...the bride overshadowed EVERYONE at this event and had no competition. She was definitely the star of her own show!

Whoever did Caroline's hair for this event should sign on as her personal stylist, her hair looked great.

I've seen Charlotte look much better than she has lately, something is really "off" with her. She looks gaunt and hard, not good.

Pauline Ducruet is really blossoming.

Haakon of Norway looked handsome and elegant, and Mette-Marit looked like herself.:cool:

That landing looked not only uncomfortable but dangerous. I am surprised no one slipped and fell!:eek:

All in all, a very grand, magnificent event truly deserving the Wedding Of The Year title it's gotten.

Last edited:
Oh my goodness, I had missed this picture of Princess Caroline :eek: !
Is "disappointing? the right word? I'd like to be diplomatic but... :whistling:

Forhåndsvisning | Scanpix

Cute Picture of Princess Alexandra: it definitely looks like she was a bridesmaid Forhåndsvisning | Scanpix

(all these guests, carrying packages, bags, umbrellas, suitcases...!! I've never seen anything like it!!)

This picture is funny. "Pierre to the Rescue!" HE is helping this man while the groomsmen look the other way...Imagine if he had slipped or gotten wet! Gossip. Matrimonio Casiraghi e Borromeo, lo sposo lascia l'isola dopo la cerimonia - LaPresse Incidentally, high quality pictures from lapresse.it (owned by the Elkanns - all in the family!)

Matilde Borromeo's evening gown...

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2015/08/02/01/2B06D8F000000578-3182456-image-a-36_1438476391606.jpg

Most beautiful picture http://www.therealmyroyals.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/vv.jpg

Some of the ugliest fashions I have ever seen at any wedding. I haven't seen the bride. The rest are just awful, from start to finish.

Some of the ugliest fashions I have ever seen at any wedding. I haven't seen the bride. The rest are just awful, from start to finish.

I agree. Except for the spectacular bride and the beauty of the Borromean Islands, this event was not a feast for the eyes!:ermm:

Last edited:
The mothers of the bride and groom looked overly adorned, imo. Too much lace, bows, feathers, flowers. Bea's mother's hair looked really bad. Bea's sister Isabella looked beautiful in both her outfits, I didn't like her sister Matilda gown. Have not seen Lavinia at all?
The rest of the Grimaldis looked ok, especially Stephanie. Alexandra looked very cute and seems to have a sunny disposition.

Holy Cow, so many things have been happening the past week or two and only now am I catching up, lol! :D

Loved the civil ceremony in Monaco, but am totally blown away with the religious ceremony in Italy. What an aristocratic noble couple ~ they look like two old-fashioned movie stars ~ Beatrice may be rather ordinary looking, but no one can deny she sure knows how to dress/act/shine to the point one cannot take your eyes off her. In fact my first thought was that SHE looks like Grace Kelly. Pierre was beyond lucky to find her & make her his own. Best wedding I've ever seen (not counting Princess Diana's).

As for the others, nobody outshined the bride, as it should be. But was very disappointed in Charlotte Casiraghi ~ she looks totally ill, from her lifeless thin hair down to her knobby stick thin legs. Stephanie looked good, Caroline okay, Pauline not so good (she should've done something with her hair and covered up her receding hairline). The only one I liked was Princess Alexandra ~ she honestly is going to be a knockout within the year ~ as it stands now she's beyond lovely. Love how she did her hair and is a natural aristocratic beauty ~ peaches & cream complexion, tiny delicate nose & mouth, sparkling eyes, a mix of child & woman, like a poem.

Now just trying to find photos of Pierre's step-siblings, the Hanover boys, whom were at the civil ceremony.

The picture of Pierre and Beatrice arriving on a boat adorned with flowers and candles is like out from a romantic novel or film,so beautiful!

The docking area for the guests was built so high I was expecting /afraid for the guests to fall into the water hahaha!

Last edited:
Beatrice looked breathtaking, all the dresses she chose were perfect for her and you could see the love shinning from her eyes and Pierre's as well.

Are there any clearer pictures of Lavinia? I saw her husband John a lot (smiling a lot, you can see he has a soft spot for his youngest sister-in-law and was very happy for her) but barely saw her.

Why Athina Onassis should be invited at first place? She is not friends or the couple. She has a loose connection with Charlotte because of the horses but this is all. And Charlotte was not at Athina's wedging. Why Athina should be at Pierre's one?

Well that's just it. Athina has never been seen at Any of the many socialite gatherings getting to know everyone and therefore being included in the social set. I guess it is her choice not to get involved with the European social set.

Beautiful people, beautiful settings, beautiful wedding.

The picture of the 2 grandmothers is very sweet.
Do we know in which hotel the guests were staying?

Maybe Haakon and Mette Marit brought Marius along to introduce him to Alexandra ;-)

Back
Top Bottom