Wedding of Andrea Casiraghi & Tatiana Santo Domingo, August 31,2013 & February 1,2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

iceflower

Administrator
Site Team
Country
Germany
Wedding of Andrea Casiraghi & Tatiana Santo Domingo, August 31,2013 & February 1,2014

This is the thread dedicated to Andrea Casiraghi and Tatiana Santo Domingo's wedding on August 31, 2013.

The Princely Palace today, August 14, 2013, officially announced the wedding date.

Further information about the place or the celebrations have not been released.

Does the couple exchange rings during the civil ceremony? Or is that done at the Church ceremony?

Does the couple exchange rings during the civil ceremony? Or is that done at the Church ceremony?

Thats done at the church ceremony. Anyone knows when the church ceremony is? Ive only been reading about a civil wedding.

Last edited:
Thats done at the church ceremony. Anyone knows when the church ceremony is? Ive only been reading about a civil wedding.

According to the press the church ceremony will be in January in Gstaad, but that hasn't been confirmed.

Really?! Wow, how anti-climactic for us royal watchers.

Last edited by a moderator:
Internazionale » Monaco, Andrea Casiraghi sposa ricca ereditiera in gran segreto
This italian article is reporting it as well. For whom doesn't speak italian: They say the gusts were about 300. The came by foot, taxi or buses. No lavish ceremony. They were asked not to take any pics. There will be a lunch and a party tonight.

I think it's not flattering for Tatiana to be mentioned as a "ricca ereditiera" (rich hereditatry). She is a talented woman and she doesn't worth this "title".

When there will be photos of the event?

When there will be photos of the event?

We don't know if we will have photos, no one has confirmed that photos will be published, we just have to wait.

How frustrating.... at the Moment they are directly in line to the throne, so I would have expected at least a Minimum of coverage
Bye Bine

That can't be answered with certainty. The rings can also be exchanged during the civil ceremony, especially as there's a huge time lag between civil and church ceremony.

Well, i want to see a WEDDING GOWN and some BEAUTIFUL DRESSES, if you please!!! As for the exchange of rings of course it takes place during the civil ceremony ( maybe not in the case where the religious wedding takes place immediately after the civil one for the sake of the ritual, but otherwise... it would make no sense... ). P. Caroline and Stefano exchanged rings during their civil wedding, as any other couple in the world who 's not a believer and choose not to have a religious wedding would do!!!
:twohearts: :onering::onering: :twohearts:

:fireworks: :monacoflag: :fireworks:

I have just been up to the Palais and there has been nothing to see. The entrance is all roped off ( shame for the tourists) . According to Nice Matin after the civil ceremony there will be a relaxed afternoon round the pool ( presumably in the Palais) and then this evening there is a further celebration at the winter sporting club with a tropical theme and many large lemon trees have been imported.

I have just been up to the Palais and there has been nothing to see. The entrance is all roped off ( shame for the tourists) . According to Nice Matin after the civil ceremony there will be a relaxed afternoon round the pool ( presumably in the Palais) and then this evening there is a further celebration at the winter sporting club with a tropical theme and many large lemon trees have been imported.

Very low key then,perhaps the Religious wedding with be a little more exciting,that's ofcourse if they have one!

That can't be answered with certainty. The rings can also be exchanged during the civil ceremony, especially as there's a huge time lag between civil and church ceremony.

I wonder why there is such a huge time lag between the civil and the religious ceremony? Usually it is just a few days.

Well, i want to see a WEDDING GOWN and some BEAUTIFUL DRESSES, if you please!!! As for the exchange of rings of course it takes place during the civil ceremony ( maybe not in the case where the religious wedding takes place immediately after the civil one for the sake of the ritual, but otherwise... it would make no sense... ). P. Caroline and Stefano exchanged rings during their civil wedding, as any other couple in the world who 's not a believer and choose not to have a religious wedding would do!!!
:twohearts: :onering::onering: :twohearts:

:fireworks: :monacoflag: :fireworks:

Caroline did not choose not to have a religious wedding with Stefano. She is not a non-believer and very much desired one, but the option of a Church wedding was not open to her at the time. That is the only reason she got a ring at her civil wedding.

I am surprised that Andrea and Tatiana did not choose to at least appear at the Palace balcony. :sad:

Really?! Wow, how anti-climactic for us royal watchers.

In a purely legal, technical sense the civil wedding gets the job done, but they are as boring and unromantic as it gets, imo.

I will look forward to the Swiss ceremony in January with much more anticipation than this one.:sad:

Congrats to the couple.

So now little Sasha is legitimate and 3rd in the line of succession to the Monagasque throne ahead of Peirre and Charlotte.

It was forbidden for guests to take photos, so my guess is that they want to control it and publish some on their own.

I wonder why there is such a huge time lag between the civil and the religious ceremony? Usually it is just a few days.

It has become quite popular in Europe to have such a time lag between the two ceremonies - for a variety of reasons. Some couples for example like to have both a summer/spring wedding and a winter wedding in a totally different setting, others want to marry quickly, but postpone the church wedding and the big party for financial reasons into the following year.

Back
Top Bottom