The Prince of Wales and Lady Diana Spencer: 29 July 1981

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Wonderful video of a most memorable day in history.

Were members of other royal families there? Does anyone have any pics of them?

marezdote said:
Were members of other royal families there? Does anyone have any pics of them?

There where all european monarchs with tghe exeception of King Juan Carlos I. and Queen Sofia and Prince Rainier III. present. Monaco was represented by Princess Grace and Hereditary Prince Albert.

why didn't queen sofia and king carlos come? as for i know they became quiet close to charles and diana?

ulik said:
why didn't queen sofia and king carlos come? as for i know they became quiet close to charles and diana?

Because Charles and Diana started their Honemoon from Gibraltar where the went on board of the Royal Yacht Britannia.

ulik said:
They had intended to attend the wedding, but Spanish politics to do with sensitivity over Gibraltar got in the way.

Warren said:
They had intended to attend the wedding, but Spanish politics to do with sensitivity over Gibraltar got in the way.
What was the Spanish government's problem with the honeymoon begining in Gibraltar?

At present in the middle of St. Pauls Cathedral (where Charles and Diana stand during the first part of the service on the Podest) is now an wooden Altar on a Wood plattform. Does anyone know since when this Altar is there ??. Was he already there in 1981 and removed for the Wedding or was he erected later.

What was the Spanish government's problem with the honeymoon begining in Gibraltar?

They want it back, we won't give it back. The Queen got quite annoyed and apparantly said, "It's my son, it's my yacht and it's my harbour" when told that the Britannia might not be able to dock in Gibraltar.

Hi Thanks for all the photos. does anyone have any of the first dance, the wedding waltz? That would be amazing

I dont remember seeing any photos of the reception, just the ceremony and posed photos. I would love to see them if they are out there!

does anyone known the description of the weddingdress of Prinses Diana?
And is there any video of the wedding on internet the whole wedding?

Nice pictures of a beautiful farytale wedding of the century.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wedding of HRH Prince Charles of Great Britain and Lady Diana Spencer

Has anyone a guestlist of the wedding?

I know that the popular consensus is the the dress was all wrong--but I really have to disagree. It was perfect for that day--it was romantic and the whole world was swept up in the romance of this day. It was memorable--because this was a day to be remembered (just look at the crowds in London and all of us who got up early to watch!) it was impressive and she looks stunning; everyone's dream of the perfect fairytale wedding. Even now, elements of her gown, veil, and tiara are seen in almost every wedding. All girls remember Diana and the sheer magnitude and romance of that day and they want to emulate it. It totally suited the event. And, looking at the pictures I see a happy couple. There are photos where Charles is looking at Diana when she is looking elsewhere and the only word to describe his expression is happy. They had a very good start--

I know that the popular consensus is the the dress was all wrong--but I really have to disagree. It was perfect for that day--it was romantic and the whole world was swept up in the romance of this day. It was memorable--because this was a day to be remembered (just look at the crowds in London and all of us who got up early to watch!) it was impressive and she looks stunning; everyone's dream of the perfect fairytale wedding. Even now, elements of her gown, veil, and tiara are seen in almost every wedding. All girls remember Diana and the sheer magnitude and romance of that day and they want to emulate it. It totally suited the event. And, looking at the pictures I see a happy couple. There are photos where Charles is looking at Diana when she is looking elsewhere and the only word to describe his expression is happy. They had a very good start--

I agree with you. For me, she was the fairtale princess.
The bride and her father leave Clarence House pictures from collecting photos on webshots
Lady Diana Spencer pictures from collecting photos on webshots
The Wedding of Lady Diana to HRH Prince Charles July 29,1981 085 pictures from collecting photos on webshots
The Wedding of Lady Diana to HRH Prince Charles July 29,1981 056 pictures from collecting photos on webshots

Both were really wonderful. Even if the marriage went wrong, the wedding was so perfect !

Both were really wonderful. Even if the marriage went wrong, the wedding was so perfect !

To each his own! I thought it was ghastly over the top! :lol: Except the music! Even though some might say three orchestras is, indeed, "over the top", the music for this wedding was just phenomenal. It was actually, as you say in describing the whole event, "perfect." The music was enough to bring me to tears by itself, take away everything else.

To each his own! I thought it was ghastly over the top! :lol: Except the music! Even though some might say three orchestras is, indeed, "over the top", the music for this wedding was just phenomenal. It was actually, as you say in describing the whole event, "perfect." The music was enough to bring me to tears by itself, take away everything else.
Well it was the future king getting married so all the pomp and ceremony was to be expected.:)

Back
Top Bottom