The Prince of Wales and Lady Diana Spencer: 29 July 1981

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
For if you were lucky enough to have been invited to Charles and Diana’s wedding reception on July 29 1981, you would have witnessed the auspicious birth of ‘the ultimate rock wedding band’ when Real Deal took to the stage after Charles and Diana cut their five tiered wedding cake with a royal crest-engraved sword.

Real Deal | Free Music, Tour Dates, Photos, Videos

I dunno if this is true tbh the members look kinda young but thought I'd post it just incase.

I am looking for a full copy of Prince Charles and Lady Diana's wedding for my Mom's birthday, can anyone help?

megspegs said:
I am looking for a full copy of Prince Charles and Lady Diana's wedding for my Mom's birthday, can anyone help?

I got my copy on ebay. Hopefully you'll have some luck finding one there! :)

A new official portrait I found on flickr. Credit:The Waxbitch
5745335224_5894ac302b_b.jpg

This is new to me thanks Ghost. I spot Princess Grace, the King & Queen of Sweden and Queen Beatrix.

Something about this wedding makes me want to cry everytime I see pictures. I guess it's the ever lingering thought of what could have been.

I was just thinking of Diana's wedding dress. Somehow, it was everything you think of when you hear the word " Princess" in fairy tales, yet in real life, it looked horrible.
Yet at the same time, Kate's weding dress was the embodiment of Princess, and it was magical!

To think that on Friday it is 30 YEARS ago. Even though I was only 4 at the time, it makes me feel a bit old :)

Does not seem possible.... Had Diana lived, she would have been a princess for 30 years now... ( Sigh)....

I just remembered it's been 30 years tomorrow. At first I got all excited reliving the wedding in my head then I got all depressed thinking how it all ended and Diana being gone and what not and all that could have been *sigh* oh well least we'll always have some great memories.

If Diana were alive, she will remind us about their 30th Wedding Anniversary with Prince Charles, and tell us about how she met and fell in love with him, and her sad experiences of her love life. How sweet memories they are...May you rest in Peace, Princess Diana. I greet you and Prince Charles a happy (and a sad) 30th Wedding Anniversary. :cry:

I just remembered it's been 30 years tomorrow. At first I got all excited reliving the wedding in my head then I got all depressed thinking how it all ended and Diana being gone and what not and all that could have been *sigh* oh well least we'll always have some great memories.

I feel the same way its bittersweet looking at the wedding now.

It would have been their pearl wedding anniversary. I often wonder what might have been had they still been together.

I wonder if a lot of brides and royal brides have learned what not to do from Diana's wedding dress.

It is "the pot calls the kettle black" situation. Certain Spanish commentators can not resist the temptation to remind the UK about one of its most awkward situations. At the same time, it is worth noting that both British and Spanish royals have lost their mystique by downgrading their bloodlines and marring PR images.

Last edited:
^^^^^
I guess every country has its share of crackpots.

Back
Top Bottom