The Prince of Wales and Lady Diana Spencer: 29 July 1981

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I watched Charles and Di: Once Upon A Time on TLC and it was really good! they had little pop up boxes with little facts throughout the whole show quite interesting and ALOT of footage that normally doesn't get shown. The only down side is they called Charles Spencer, James Spencer LOL! Bad research on TLC's part. Also saw Untold Stories of a Royal Bridesmaid and it was a bit of a let down IMO it was more of India trying to remember the day by speaking to different people like the Emmanuels and her mother. No new info there but we did get to see the little gift Diana gave her bridesmaids as she left for her honeymoon.

I watched Charles and Di: Once Upon A Time on TLC and it was really good! they had little pop up boxes with little facts throughout the whole show quite interesting and ALOT of footage that normally doesn't get shown. The only down side is they called Charles Spencer, James Spencer LOL! Bad research on TLC's part. Also saw Untold Stories of a Royal Bridesmaid and it was a bit of a let down IMO it was more of India trying to remember the day by speaking to different people like the Emmanuels and her mother. No new info there but we did get to see the little gift Diana gave her bridesmaids as she left for her honeymoon.

I did not like what India's nanny said about Diana, Princess of Wales being very confident before the wedding and not at all shy. I like the gift of the silk worm given to her bridesmaids. I did not watch Charles and Di. I watched the special on Catherine and Diana on CNN. It was okay nothing new. They compared the woman. I will watch Charles and Diana tomorrow night with Prince Henry.:flowers:

It's good Georgiea I recommend it, definitely. I was hoping India may give us some new insight into the wedding kinda like she did to Daily Mail in the article posted a few pages back but it all just seemed rehashed to me though it was nice to see Clementine Hambro all grown up and hear her memories especially with the infamous photo Lord Litchfield took.

Why? Different people said that Diana was very happy that morning. I don't remember anyone who would have seen her that morning saying that she seemed upset or shy.

I did not like what India's nanny said about Diana, Princess of Wales being very confident before the wedding and not at all shy.

It was quite funny to hear Diana was flirting before she got into the carriage

:previous: I'm surprised that the writer got the roles reversed here: 'Her husband announced she was "marvellous, oh, a tower of strength"; "Gracious!" said Diana, surprised. "I had to say that because you are sitting there," he replied.':)

Last edited:
I saw this on TLC last night. Pretty interesting stuff! :flowers:

Read the Entire Royal Wedding Program from Charles and Diana’s Nuptials

Read the Entire Royal Wedding Program from Charles and Diana's Nuptials | Society | Vanity Fair

Photos - Royal Wedding: Prince Charles and Lady Diana Spencer marry in 1981

Read More http://www.journallive.co.uk/multim...r-marry-in-1981-61634-28426074/#ixzz1KbwNgZc1

Photos - WEDDING OF CHARLES AND DIANA
http://www.prints-online.com/low.php?xp=gm&xg=55547

Photo - The official entry in the St. Paul's Cathedral Marriage Register, signed by Lady Diana Spencer (now the Princess of Wales) and the Prince of Wales
http://www.heart.co.uk/style/royal-wedding/charles-and-diana/charles-and-diana-23/#fwd

Last edited:
Highlights from Diana's Royal Wedding to Charles
Ahead of the royal wedding between Prince William and Kate Middleton, watch highlights from the royal wedding between Diana Spencer and Charles, the Prince of Wales.
Video - Royal Wedding: Highlights from Diana's Wedding to Charles - WSJ.com

TV Networks, Companies Gear Up For Royal Wedding
The last royal wedding, between Princess Diana and Prince Charles was the most-watched television event. The attention will be nothing compared to what's expected when their son William marries Kate Middleton next month, Amy Chozick reports.
Video - TV Networks, Companies Gear Up For Royal Wedding - WSJ.com

Royal wedding: Diana bridesmaid's treasured memories
Willliam and Kate's attendants will have an unrivalled view of one of the happiest days of the century, says Clementine Hambro, who recalls the wonder she felt 30 years ago at Charles and Diana's wedding .
Royal wedding: Diana bridesmaid's treasured memories - Telegraph

30 Years Ago: A Very Different Britain, and a Very Different Wedding
30 Years Ago: A Very Different Britain, and a Very Different Wedding | The Rundown News Blog | PBS NewsHour | PBS

Last edited:
Last edited:
Last edited:
Oh what a night! Bangers and baked beans with Grace Kelly. Dancing the conga with Prince Edward. One socialite recalls the riotous wedding bash thrown by Charles and Di
Read more: ROYAL WEDDING: Oh what a night! One socialite recalls the riotous bash thrown by Charles and Di | Mail Online

UAE remembers the last 'big day'
UAE remembers the last 'big day' - The National

As William and Kate's big day nears, take a look back at the 1981 wedding of Prince Charles and Princess Diana
CNN.com - Breaking News, U.S., World, Weather, Entertainment & Video News

Last edited:
Not true, the cameras went into the palance behind Princess Margaret after her wedding. But that was the last time.

Ya but that was as they entered the palace to go upstairs for formal shots, balcony appearance and then the wedding breakfast. But after the balcony appearance we haven't seen anything ever. Besides the obvious departure from BP for the honeymoon. We still do see when they arrive back to palace and are about to go into the palace but the difference now is we don't see them inside and going up those steps like we did with Margaret.

As if I remember every second like it was yesterday. It was great.

This still remains my all-time favorite royal wedding, ever, in fact 30 years later the magic hasn't wanned. Me and my older sister are no longer teenagers, but the memories are like yesterday. And we are still those young teens inside, like Diana was one month before her wedding. :)

My feeling is that there will never be another royal wedding like Diana's, as it should be, God only makes one. And no one knows when that one special person will appear, be it in music (Elvis), art (Picaso), classical (Beethoven), figure skating (Sonja Henie), hollywood (Marily Monroe), et al. There will always be pretenders, but there can only be one.

A star comes along once in a millennium, or if we're lucky, in a century, and even luckier in our lifetime.

Until then, I will make do with what we get when it comes to royal weddings. They are rare, so any glimpse of one is a treasure in itself. :)

This is quite interesting some tidbits from Lord Lichfield on the official photos
So I worked out the different heights the night before the marriage. And then I
got numbers and stuck them to the floor and a corresponding chart on the
wall. When each one came in I said discover the number and stand on it.”

I was the official cameraman however photographic companies persisted on having
representatives so I had 2 men on either side of me shooting all I
did.“All of us have Twelve frames for every single one set-up however I still have one bullet left in my
weapon. So I clicked my tongue as if I Would taken a picture and told Prince
Charles: ‘Fine, that is it, you could recreate.’ They all collapsed and I got the
shot. The 2 chaps have not voiced to me since.”
With Diana and the bridesmaids, he observed Clementine Hambro ending up being
cranky. ”I saw the Princess of Wales stretch out her hand and I had a
little camera in my pocket. I went hit, and it ended up being a double page spread
in Life journal.”
Still Life Photography | Photo printing

I'm assuming this is the photo he's talking about of the other 2 men shooting all he did.
932564a.jpg

Credit: Rexfeatures

Also quite interesting looking over different books the discrepancies in who was invited to the wedding breakfast and how many some says just friends and family other says friends and family with a few crown heads of Europe. Some say their were 118 people others say 120. Also we have learned in a recent article published that Patrick took the official photos in 20 minutes!

Back
Top Bottom