The Prince of Wales and Camilla Parker-Bowles: 9 April 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
winona said:
I watched it on BBC World, seems his family was not very serious about their wedding...
I had the same feeling,but let's see some people's reaction to this wedding

Attachments

• r2825982564.jpg
    r2825982564.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 345
  • r2657563344.jpg
    r2657563344.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 786
I flipped back and forth this morning between coverage on CBC Newsworld (thanks to the info from ~*~Humera~*~!) and CNN. On CBC Newsworld, they mentioned some additional details that I haven't been able to find yet. But they mentioned that the fabric for Camilla's second dress was inspired by a brooch given to her by her mother, combined with research from the textile department at the Victoria & Albert Museum, and that the fabric was created specifically for Camilla. The jacket was hand-stiched with gold thread.

And that her head piece for the second outfit was laced with Swarovski feathers.

I really liked both of her outfits, but of the day, her second outfit was the most regal and beautiful. Camilla looked smashing and happy -- as every bride, young or old, should look!

HRH The Duchess of Cornwall Looked LOVELY!

My favorite part was where they joined hands and Camilla caressed Charles' hand. Pity he didn't return some affection but it was endearing to watch him assist her with her program and flowers. :p

Camilla forgot to curtsy to the Queen when arriving - but did so at the end.
I never saw one word exchanged between the Queen or Prince Phillip :mad: and Camilla.....maybe at the reception??? Who knows what REALLY goes on and how everyone REALLY feels? :eek:

Princes William and Harry put on a very good front but it HAD to be difficult....:confused: :eek:

Andrew looked sad. :( Suppose he is wondering if he will ever find someone else? Or maybe reconcile with Sarah?

May the newlyweds be VERY happy and blessed in their new life together as husband and wife, prince and princess (ok - "duchess"), and (God willing) king and queen consort (ok - "princess consort) call it what you want.......it's just a title and she gets everything that goes with it anyway! :D

And may Diana finally rest in PEACE! :)

Is Annabel Elliiot the Duchess's sister?

There is already a thread on Charles and Camilla's wedding here: http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/showthread.php?p=197186#post197186.

I appreciate wymanda's starting a thread in the appropriate forum, but as we have one going in the British forum already, this thread will be closed. Please visit the above link for discussions, pictures and information on Charles and Camilla's wedding.

Thank you.

Alexandria

mgrant said:
Is Annabel Elliiot the Duchess's sister?

Yes, she is Camilla's sister.

I haven't seen a picture of her yet, although I did see her mingling upon arrival at St. George.

Yeah I noticed that the Queen and Prince Phillip did not talk to her at all. And another thing I noticed-very touching-was that when the Queen sat down in her seat at the dedication she bowed her head and prayed. I am sure she needed all the strength God could give her. Anyway I still think all this is a joke. I look forward to the future-to a long, long reign for QEII and to the continuing maturation of Prince William and his ascendency to the throne.

I saw the wedding on TV : beautiful, simple and very moving . I loved it . I think that Camilla looked very elegant in her beautiful dress . I can even say that she was lovely . Her face was illuminated with joy (although she looked a little nervous during the ceremony ...but that's totally comprehensible .) . As was Charles's face . Everyone seemed to be happy, even the Queen ... I really found this weddind very, very beautiful . I've always thought that it is easier to love someone when you are young and everything is new . But when older and having endured so much adversity ... that can only be true and eternal love and it moves me to tears . I wish them the best and all the happiness of the world for the rest of their lives !:) :) :) :)

nivek517 said:
May the newlyweds be VERY happy and blessed in their new life together as husband and wife, prince and princess (ok - "duchess"), and (God willing) king and queen consort (ok - "princess consort) call it what you want.......it's just a title and she gets everything that goes with it anyway! :D And may Diana finally rest in PEACE!
I'm reflecting on wheter I should go along with calling Camilla The Duchess of Cornwall, or if I maybe should start to refer to her as Princess of Wales now after their marriage - I mean she is that now, only they prefer to call her Duchess of Cornwall because the public opinion. Rebel me ey... :D

And I agree, let Diana rest in peace and leave it be.

Maybe instead you should be sensitive to the feelings of others on calling Camilla what Diana is-the Princess of Wales. I, personally, don't care what you call her cuz I know what I will (no it is not deragotory-just what I feel comfortable calling her). ANd of course you have the right to call her whatever. But in addition to being sensitive to others, you shuld also consider the fact that camilla has said she wants to be known as that title that she said she wants to be called.

GrandDuchess said:
I'm reflecting on wheter I should go along with calling Camilla The Duchess of Cornwall, or if I maybe should start to refer to her as Princess of Wales now after their marriage - I mean she is that now, only they prefer to call her Duchess of Cornwall because the public opinion. Rebel me ey... :D

And I agree, let Diana rest in peace and leave it be.
I agree. I understand that The Duchess of Cornwall asked not to be addressed as the Pirncess of Wales even though it is her title. I can understand why she would feel that way. It's Camilla's time now. Let Diana rest. Everyone needs to move on. It's another day.....:p

Keep on topic

Could we at least try to keep this particular thread restricted to the subject of the Royal Wedding?

Endless discussions about Camilla's title can be carried on for another twenty or thirty years elsewhere on the board.

Thanks! :)

Warren said:
Could we at least try to keep this particular thread restricted to the subject of the Royal Wedding?

Endless discussions about Camilla's title can be carried on for another twenty or thirty years elsewhere on the board.

Thanks! :)
I apologize:p The wedding was lovely. The blessing ceremony was moving. I did not know that the Church of England uses the same General Confession that is used in my own church. I chanted along with everyone else in the audience.

I loved the Duchess's dress suit at the Guildhall and I adore the outfit for the blessing ceremony. I am especially happy that we were allowed to veiw the ceremony because Charles was originally against broadcasting it. CNN did a great job. The BBC had a great broadcast as well. It was sorta hard to choose between the two of them:D

I wish them all the happiness in the world. I look forward to seeing them growing old (older?:D ) together.

As the wedding is now over, this thread is now closed.

Thank you to everyone who provided information on what channels and at what times members could catch the wedding and church blessing in their respective countries. (I know that I personally was able to catch it at the right time thanks to ~*~Humera~*~. :))

If you missed the wedding, highlights are being played throughout most of the day on many channels I have seen. Just find CNN or another all-news channel available to you.

And if those options are not available, catch up on the wedding at this thread: http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/showthread.php?p=197186#post197186.

tiaraprin said:
Anyone find it interesting that the Queen wore white and the bride didn't?? It was if Her Majesty was making a statement with her choice of color. She does not wear white often, and how ironic to wear it to her son's wedding.

Yes, that was sort of interesting, although I don't think it was a pure white. Well, maybe the Queen figured that this time the bride needed upstaging!

Didn't she wear shades of blue or lavender to all her sons' first weddings?

Elspeth said:
Yes, that was sort of interesting, although I don't think it was a pure white. Well, maybe the Queen figured that this time the bride needed upstaging!

Didn't she wear shades of blue or lavender to all her sons' first weddings?

I think she wore shades of blue to Charles' first edding and Andrew's weddings. However, I don't remember what color she wore to Edward's.

(CNN's story about the honeymoon's location)

The trip may lack the glitz of Charles's honeymoon cruise around the Mediterranean with Princess Diana. But, like the less glamorous Parker Bowles, it appears better suited to his tastes.
While at Birkhall mansion in the Scottish highlands, the newlyweds will be able to engage in their shared love of country pursuits such as fishing, long walks and wearing lots of tweed.

Charles has described the early 18th-century home on the royal Balmoral estate as "a unique haven of cosiness and character." He is reportedly to fish in the River Muick, which flows at the bottom of Birkhall's sloping garden.

"One of the reasons I think Charles and Camilla like it here is because it is normally quiet and they can get on with their lives," local butcher Barry Florence said Friday.

Queen Victoria's husband Prince Albert bought Birkhall in the 19th century and it became the Balmoral residence of Queen Elizabeth the Queen Mother, who died in 2002, leaving it to Charles.

The prince's mother, now Queen Elizabeth II, spent some of her honeymoon there after her marriage to Prince Phillip.

The small, whitewashed mansion sits in a wooded estate and lies some 12 miles from the imposing Balmoral Castle, where the queen spends her summer holidays.

Diana passed some of her honeymoon on the estate, after she and Charles toured the Mediterranean aboard a lavish royal yacht. But, unlike Parker Bowles, the late princess never developed a passion for the Scottish countryside.

Charles, however, often retreated to Birkhall to escape media scrutiny during the breakdown of his first marriage. In recent years, he and Parker Bowles have spent much of the spring season there.

They are expected to stay for around a week at Birkhall, but will interrupt their honeymoon to carry out their first official engagement as a married couple by opening a nearby children's playground.

"It is wonderful that they will be carrying out their first official engagement as a married couple in Ballater," said pharmacist Derek Mutch. "It feels like a thank you to the village for the way we have treated and accepted them over the years."

Lady Sarah Chatto

Attachments

• Lady Sarah Chatto.jpg
    Lady Sarah Chatto.jpg
    10.8 KB · Views: 1,186
new pictures from today

Attachments

• capt.lon38604091920.britain_royal_wedding_lon386.jpg
    capt.lon38604091920.britain_royal_wedding_lon386.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 372
  • r2202053099.jpg
    r2202053099.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 344
  • capt.lon38204091817.britain_royal_wedding_lon382.jpg
    capt.lon38204091817.britain_royal_wedding_lon382.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 478
  • capt.lon38504091829.britain_royal_wedding_lon385.jpg
    capt.lon38504091829.britain_royal_wedding_lon385.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 340
  • 0,,191655,00.jpg
    0,,191655,00.jpg
    13.6 KB · Views: 421
Ennyllorac said:
I think she wore shades of blue to Charles' first edding and Andrew's weddings. However, I don't remember what color she wore to Edward's.

Her Majesty wore blue to the 1st weddings of the Princess Royal, the Prince of Wales, and the Duke of York. She wore lavender to the wedding of the Earl of Wessex.

Are there any pics of Viscount and Viscountess Linley, the Duke and Duchess of Gloucester, the Duke and Duchess of Kent, Princess Alexandra, Prince and Princess Michael of Kent, or the Ogilvys?

I am not sure what was Her Majest thinking of when she chose her dress ?!!!

ok..am i the only one that seems to dislike Camilla's "hat" ....it looks like...how would u describe it??? like....putting a mop on ur head or sth...but her dress is nice....

i read somewhere that they are goona admit their sins or apologize abt their divorce...did that happen during the ceremony?

mgrant said:
The lovely blue and gold silk gownfor the blessing was designed by Robinson Valentine :p
:p I herd it on BBC, so blame my bad English for the confusion of names... :D

Pictures of the rest of the British royal family as well as Camilla's two children.

Attachments

• william-harry-b.jpg
    william-harry-b.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 988
  • harry-a.jpg
    harry-a.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 324
  • tom-a.jpg
    tom-a.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 381
  • queen-b.jpg
    queen-b.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 379
  • queen-a.jpg
    queen-a.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 634
  • laura-a.jpg
    laura-a.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 302
  • tom-b.jpg
    tom-b.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 300
  • sophie-a.jpg
    sophie-a.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 398
  • sophie-b.jpg
    sophie-b.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 289
  • sophie-c.jpg
    sophie-c.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 385
Alexandria said:
Pictures of the rest of the British royal family as well as Camilla's two children.

Now Charles and Camilla finally are married what kinde of titels will Camillas kids get ?
Charles kids are both princes but what about Camillas kids?

And some more, including a close up of Camilla's bouquet and some of the royals in the back row behind the Queen and her family, including Princess Alexandra, James and Julia Ogilvy, David and Serena Linley, Prince and Princess Michael of Kent.

Also, in one of the pictures is Tom Parker Bowles with his father, Andrew.

Attachments

• bouquet.jpg
    bouquet.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 462
  • beatrice-a.jpg
    beatrice-a.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 421
  • eugenie-a.jpg
    eugenie-a.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 369
  • zaraa.jpg
    zaraa.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 1,912
  • william.jpg
    william.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 452
  • tom-laura.jpg
    tom-laura.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 270
  • andrew.jpg
    andrew.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 352
  • royal bus.jpg
    royal bus.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 1,260
  • valentino-a.jpg
    valentino-a.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 357
  • church.jpg
    church.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 427
H.M. Margrethe said:
Now Charles and Camilla finally are married what kinde of titels will Camillas kids get ?
Charles kids are both princes but what about Camillas kids?

Camilla's kids will get no title, just as Mette-Marit of Norway's son Marius has no title. Tom and Laura Parker Bowles are simply the Prince of Wales's step-children and the Duchess of Cornwall's children by her first marriage.

Unless Andrew Parker Bowles has a title that would be passed onto his son and daughter, the marriage between Charles and Camilla today does not grant her children any title by virtue of their marriage. Charles's sons having titles is a separate matter altogether. Their step-siblings are not granted titles just by virtue of this relationship.

christmas tree...:)

Attachments

• laura-a[1].jpg
    laura-a[1].jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 280
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom