The Prince of Wales and Camilla Parker-Bowles: 9 April 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Warren said:
Channel 9, 8.40pm Saturday

Just announced!

Channel 7, 9pm Saturday.
Thanks Warren! I just saw an ad for the time of the wedding yesterday. I won't be home on Saturday night, so do you think they will replay it on Sunday?:(

Yes,it so great that they still cover it.Thanks for information,Warren and chrissy.

~*~Humera~*~ said:
sara I dont think you should panic. American networks like CNN may pretend at times to dislike the royals but they always cover important events involving them.

Here's a useful link and info on when coverage begins, as expected, they have a line of correspondents and "analysts" lined up:
http://edition.cnn.com/SPECIALS/2005/royal.wedding/

ON AIR: Watch CNN for live coverage starting at 1000 GMT Saturday, April 9 with correspondents Anderson Cooper, Richard Quest, Becky Anderson, Walter Rodgers, Matthew Chance and Paula Hancocks and royal analyst Robert Jobson

Yes, and 7 AM EST for MSNBC and FNC. Doesn´t anybody else find Richard Quest just a little too cheeky? He bothers me sometimes.

Sydney Update

In a game of one-upmanship being played out by the top two television networks,

Channel 7 is now starting its coverage at 8.30pm.

Channel 9 is currently starting at 8.40pm (to pre-empt 7's previous start time of 9pm); perhaps they'll bring it forward to 8pm.

If the TV stations keep playing their games, we may end up with a Royal marathon!
:)

But Warren,do you know do 7 and 9 cover the same or which channel have some more coverage?or both of them all how the Windsor hall and blessing?

Details unknown

HMQueenElizabethII said:
But Warren,do you know do 7 and 9 cover the same or which channel have some more coverage?or both of them all how the Windsor hall and blessing?

HMQEII

No details as yet; probably in the papers tomorrow morning as to who is showing what, and what source material they will be using (eg BBC, ITV). Plus the "specials" to fill the gap between the arrival at the wedding and departure for the blessing service.

Channels 7 and 9 are very competitive at the moment so we should get good coverage.

I saw on CNN about Prince Charles and Camilla on wedding coverages im not sure what times will be coverages!

but i did saw Prince Charles and Camilla's wedding times in WE at 6:30 am coverages i wanted know! im american

Sara Boyce

I'm going to catch it on CNN. I think CNN will start coverage at 6am ET.

for the ppl living in canada (Vancouver/ PST)

it's 6:00am (SOOOO early!) on channel 3 (CBC), channel 9 (CTV), channel 11 (Global), channel 26 (CBC newsworld) if you are using shaw cable...

btw...some of these channels have replay at 12/ 12:30pm and then again at 3/ 3:30pm

Ok..will the us cnn show the wedding?

Thanks Anna R. for the correct time to watch on CNN.

My newspaper this morning gave aa list of the Royal wedding coverage in the US. Times are EST.

ABC:7AM anchored by Kate Snow and Bill Weir
CBS:7AM anchored by Russ Mitchell and Tracey Smith
NBC:7AM anchored by Lester Holt and Campbell Brown
CNN:6AM anchored byAnderson Cooper and Becky Anderson
FNC:7AM anchored by Jon Scott and E.D. Hill
MSNBC:7AM anchored by Alex Witt
WE:7AM BBC coverage

Denmark: DR 1 begins sending at 11.40, and send until 16.00 according to schedule.
TV2 begins sending a couple of documentaries about Charles and Camilla 10.00 and continue sending the wedding when it begins.

Norway: NRK sends a bit from the wedding at 15.00.

marezdote said:
My newspaper this morning gave aa list of the Royal wedding coverage in the US. Times are EST.

Excellent. Thanks for posting that.

Charles & Camilla - A Royal Wedding for the Common Man

Lets leave all the discussion about Camilla's suitability & the comparisons with Diana behind and just enjoy the day. :)

Last edited:
Thank You!

marezdote said:

Thank you very much for the EST. Now I know when to start taping the horror that is this wedding! I shudder to see how this all unfolds!

Why bother to tape it if you think it's going to be a horror? There's no reason to watch something you feel that way about.

If C&C had just waited another month till we've moved to the east coast, it'd have been much easier. Here in California that 7 am translates to 4 am, and the VCR has been packed! :mad:

I Don't Think That is Possible!

wymanda said:
Lets leave all the discussion about Camilla's suitability & the comparisons with Diana behind and just enjoy the day. :)

There is no way to leave behind the anger, hostility, bitterness, and sadness many feel in relation to this event. For me, it is NOT a day to be enjoyed, it is a day to be ENDURED. I have to watch for I follow the monarchy and have to see it, but I feel extremely angry and sad this day. My thoughts go in many directions: to Diana, to the future of the monarchy, to William and Harry, to what would the Queen Mum and Queen Mary say. The list is endless.

This is not a wedding for the common man. This wedding is for two selfish people finally getting their way after trampling upon so many and the institution that is the monarchy. This is not an event to be joyous about. This is an event to be thought about and wonder what is going to happen now.

I tremble for the future of the British Monarchy. I see no positive outcome. There are no winners except the bride and groom. All I can say is God Save the Queen and God Save the Monarchy!

Best wishes

tiaraprin said:
There is no way to leave behind the anger, hostility, bitterness, and sadness many feel in relation to this event. For me, it is NOT a day to be enjoyed, it is a day to be ENDURED. I feel extremely angry and sad this day.

Alternatively, one could offer best wishes and happiness for our future King and his wife on their wedding day.

Tiaraprin, perhaps you could express those emotions on one of the threads on the British board and let the people who want to talk about the wedding, rather than the emotional baggage of the last couple of decades, do so here.

Looking forward to seeing some pictures when I get up in the morning! Keep them coming, everybody!

At least the weather looks positive for the day as the sun is shining.

It is also nice to see quite a crowd developing - currently about 3 hours before Charles and Camilla are to leave Windsor Castle for the Guildhall.

The Queen has raised the full state standard rather than the normal sized standard. This standard, according to SkyNews is only raised for things like official state visits or state occasions, so it is being raised for the wedding of the heir apparent to the British throne.

I won't be back until the morning Sydney time as I intend on enjoying the evening as Charles finally marries the love of his life.

Wonderful wedding!

Camilla looked wonderful in both her dresses!
They deserve it!!!!May they live happily:) :) :) :)

in both dresses?i havent seen a second dress,would be thankful if you post pictures of it

Charles and Camilla

Attachments

• jbvgkl.jpg
    jbvgkl.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 531
  • lll.jpg
    lll.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 486
some pictures,I wonder why didnt wear white?

Attachments

• capt.ljrm21504091511.britain_royal_wedding_ljrm215.jpg
    capt.ljrm21504091511.britain_royal_wedding_ljrm215.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 532
  • capt.lon33304091505.britain_royal_wedding_lon333.jpg
    capt.lon33304091505.britain_royal_wedding_lon333.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 1,544
  • capt.xag10604091459.britain_royal_wedding_xag106.jpg
    capt.xag10604091459.britain_royal_wedding_xag106.jpg
    15.2 KB · Views: 1,009
  • capt.lon33004091454.britain_royal_wedding_lon330.jpg
    capt.lon33004091454.britain_royal_wedding_lon330.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 1,262
  • 52607220.jpg
    52607220.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 619
  • 52607191.jpg
    52607191.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 399
Elspeth said:
Why bother to tape it if you think it's going to be a horror? There's no reason to watch something you feel that way about.

If C&C had just waited another month till we've moved to the east coast, it'd have been much easier. Here in California that 7 am translates to 4 am, and the VCR has been packed! :mad:

Because Elspeth when you follow the monarchy, you follow the good, the bad and the ugly. Despite my antipathy, I have to watch because it is a part of the history. I can't erase it, as much as I would wish to.

the second dress

Attachments

• vfkvk.jpg
    vfkvk.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 840
  • hgcjgcj.jpg
    hgcjgcj.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 486
  • zfio.jpg
    zfio.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 482
here is a pick of the second dress cute_girl. (from reuters)

Attachments

• 2005-04-09T144939Z_01_WIN502D_RTRIDSP_2_BRITAIN-WEDDING.jpg
    2005-04-09T144939Z_01_WIN502D_RTRIDSP_2_BRITAIN-WEDDING.jpg
    16.5 KB · Views: 597
  • 2005-04-09T150100Z_01_WIN43D_RTRIDSP_2_BRITAIN-ROYALS.jpg
    2005-04-09T150100Z_01_WIN43D_RTRIDSP_2_BRITAIN-ROYALS.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 740
Back
Top Bottom