Princess Marie-Astrid of Liechtenstein and Ralph Worthington: 25 Sep. 2021

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think the bride looked quite elegant, except for her smile.
It looked unnatural, more like a grimace.

Does anyone have a theory on the couple's reasons for choosing Italy for their religious wedding?

I spotted Prince Lorenz,the Archduke of Austria Este and the Hereditary Grand Duke and Duchess of Luxembourg in the photos but not a great turn out from the Luxembourg side.

the Grand Duke had an official Event yesterday evening, but i have also seen no pics of Prince Guillaume and Princess Sibilla, and i thik if they had attended they would be in the official Group pic. But all children of the Grand Duke attended with partners

I spotted Prince Lorenz,the Archduke of Austria Este and the Hereditary Grand Duke and Duchess of Luxembourg in the photos but not a great turn out from the Luxembourg side.

So far I've seen photos of
  • Guillaume & Stephanie, Felix, Alexandra, Louis & Lauren from Luxembourg
  • Marie-Astrid & Carl-Christian, Gabriella & Henri & their baby from Austria;
  • Lorenz, Amedeo & Lili & Anna-Astrid (as flower girl I think?), Laura (bridesmaid), Luisa, Laetitia, Joachim from Belgium

(hopefully I got their names right... it gets confusing when these few families get together:bangin:)

• Lorenz, Amedeo & Lili & Anna-Astrid (as flower girl I think?), Laura (bridesmaid), Luisa, Laetitia, Joachim from Belgium

Hopefully more photo will be released with the Belgian and Grand Ducal cousins.

Have also seen pic of Jean and Diane and Marie-Gabrielle and husband

I just can’t get over the awful green shoes the children wore:eek:

I believe Anna Astrid of Belgium is a bridesmaid at this wedding as she was last week for the bride’s sister.

Even from the guest list you can tell that Marie Astrid is much closer to the Luxemburg circles. There were like 5 people from Liechtenstein family, in total. Not all the Hans Adam childen were there and no grandchildren. Alois looked so bored in every pics?

Beautiful church, beautiful wedding and guests except Marie Astrid of Belgium, the brides aunt, wearing the worst dress ever. By contrast, mother of the bride wins the prize with her lovely appearance. I can’t get over the bridal gown and how unflattering it was. First of all, it didn’t fit, it was too long and not fitted around the waist. Then, the very wide v neck on such a bony chest couldn’t be less appealing. She seemed to be just swimming in the dress and literally dragging the too long and obviously heavy train behind her. Her tiara and earrings helped.
Who was one of the adult bridesmaids in a gorgeous,gold mini pleated v neck dress with black shoes and top knot?

It is HR and IH Archiduchess of Habsbourg , born Princess Marie Astrid of Luxembourg. Our Princess Astrid missed the 2 Weddings because she broke a Vertebra .

With Princess Irene of Holland's daughter, with Lady Gabriella Windsor and with these two Liechtenstein princesses, I see tall, junior princesses, in their thirties or even their late thirties, marrying nonentities where the groom has either a good job or has some inherited corporate money. So, I don't see any fairty tale at all. I see sadness and I hope the people are as happpy as they look in the wedding photographs.

Even from the guest list you can tell that Marie Astrid is much closer to the Luxemburg circles. There were like 5 people from Liechtenstein family, in total. Not all the Hans Adam childen were there and no grandchildren. [...]

Perhaps it is because she was raised in Belgium, which borders on Luxembourg and is further from Liechtenstein?

I wonder how she will be styled after marriage.

I suppose that it helps that the Luxembourg cousins are more or less her own age while most of the Liechtensteins are significantly older, which can make a difference when growing up. Pss Norberta and her daughter were also there so that makes at least 7. Nice that the Fürst made the effort, so shortly after his wife's death.

The Grand Duchess missing two weddings in a row perhaps also makes a statement, though there may be a perfectly good explanation for it of course. A surprise not to see Guillaume and Sybilla, as they seem to enjoy attending family/royal events.

Last edited:
With Princess Irene of Holland's daughter, with Lady Gabriella Windsor and with these two Liechtenstein princesses, I see tall, junior princesses, in their thirties or even their late thirties, marrying nonentities where the groom has either a good job or has some inherited corporate money. So, I don't see any fairty tale at all. I see sadness and I hope the people are as happpy as they look in the wedding photographs.

Why do you see sadness? Curious...?

All marriages are hard work!!! No fairy tale at all!!!
Well with sadness no marriage at all will work.

Who doesn't want to marry a well-off person, tho? This people attend private schools, private universities and the same exclusive circles. So they will end up with people from that environment.
Actually Astrid husband was a surprise for me, to be honest. Most of this people still marry between aristocrats.

Beautiful church, beautiful wedding and guests except Marie Astrid of Belgium, the brides aunt, wearing the worst dress ever. By contrast, mother of the bride wins the prize with her lovely appearance. I can’t get over the bridal gown and how unflattering it was. First of all, it didn’t fit, it was too long and not fitted around the waist. Then, the very wide v neck on such a bony chest couldn’t be less appealing. She seemed to be just swimming in the dress and literally dragging the too long and obviously heavy train behind her. Her tiara and earrings helped.
Who was one of the adult bridesmaids in a gorgeous,gold mini pleated v neck dress with black shoes and top knot?

I actually found M-A's gown very regal ...but the bad fit above the waist ruined it. I think small breasted women should avoid decolletage and v-necks in general.

The train of her gown was too heavy and a bit over the top, but I think the Kinsky Tiara is gorgeous. I love it.?

Like you're assuming marrying people with good financial background means they married for the money and there must be no true love and full of sadness.

I hope it's my misinterpretation. :ermm:

I suppose that it helps that the Luxembourg cousins are more or less her own age while most of the Liechtensteins are significantly older, which can make a difference when growing up. Pss Norberta and her daughter was also there so that makes at least 7. Nice that the Fürst made the effort, so shortly after his wife's death.

And then her Liechtenstein Grandparents died when she and her siblings were quiet young. And with her Luxembourg grandparents there always quiet big Family gatherings in Summer in their french holiday home.

I suppose that it helps that the Luxembourg cousins are more or less her own age while most of the Leichtensteins are significantly older, which can make a difference when growing up. Pss Norberta and her daughter were also there, so that makes at least 7. Nice that the Fürst made the effort, so shortly after his wife's death.

The Grand Duchess missing two weddings in a row perhaps also makes a statement, though there may be a perfectly good explanation for it, of course. A surprise not to see Guillaume and Sibilla, as they seem to enjoy attending family/royal events.

In 2015, the royal court explained that "the Grand Duchess suffers from an acute fear of flying, also known as aviophobia, which she has been unable to overcome."

Going off to Austria or Italy for a weekend would make for a long drive or train ride. That said, I don't understand how she travels the long distance to Cabasson or Biarritz.

Last edited:
In 2015, the royal court explained that "the Grand Duchess suffers from an acute fear of flying, also known as aviophobia, which she has been unable to overcome."

Going off to Austria or Italy for a weekend would make for a long drive or train ride. That said, I don't understand how she travels the long distance to Cabasson or Biarritz.

Thanks for that! I had forgotten all about it.

I suppose the south of France can be reached rather easily [Edit: from Luxembourg] by car. Biarrtiz is an 11 hour drive. Vienna is a 10 hour one.

Last edited:
Thanks for that! I had forgotten all about it.

I suppose the south of France can be reached rather easily by car. Biarrtiz is an 11 hour drive. Vienna is a 10 hour one.

From Liechtenstein to Vienna its about 6 hours

Dresscode for the Wedding :
Ladies long Dresses and no Hat.
For Men : Only the Groom and the Bride's Father wore a "jaquette". I think furst Hans Adam of Liechtenstein who is in mourning prefered not to wear this but a black Suit and black tie .
Therefore Men has to wear "tenue de ville"
Sorry for the french words !

Last edited:
This wedding to me was unusual.

It is nice and warm in Italy and the ladies looked more dressed for a summer party than a royal wedding.

The church is beautiful and lovely as it is near the sea.

I felt that last month's wedding was more regal and formal than this one.

Back
Top Bottom