Click Here to Login

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 09-26-2021, 10:27 AM
Nobility

Unhappy

I just can’t get over the awful green shoes the children wore

Old 09-26-2021, 11:38 AM
Heir Presumptive

I believe Anna Astrid of Belgium is a bridesmaid at this wedding as she was last week for the bride’s sister.

Old 09-26-2021, 11:46 AM
Commoner

Even from the guest list you can tell that Marie Astrid is much closer to the Luxemburg circles. There were like 5 people from Liechtenstein family, in total. Not all the Hans Adam childen were there and no grandchildren. Alois looked so bored in every pics🤣
Old 09-26-2021, 01:27 PM
Heir Apparent

Beautiful church, beautiful wedding and guests except Marie Astrid of Belgium, the brides aunt, wearing the worst dress ever. By contrast, mother of the bride wins the prize with her lovely appearance. I can’t get over the bridal gown and how unflattering it was. First of all, it didn’t fit, it was too long and not fitted around the waist. Then, the very wide v neck on such a bony chest couldn’t be less appealing. She seemed to be just swimming in the dress and literally dragging the too long and obviously heavy train behind her. Her tiara and earrings helped.
Who was one of the adult bridesmaids in a gorgeous,gold mini pleated v neck dress with black shoes and top knot?
Old 09-26-2021, 03:23 PM
Majesty

It is HR and IH Archiduchess of Habsbourg , born Princess Marie Astrid of Luxembourg. Our Princess Astrid missed the 2 Weddings because she broke a Vertebra .
Old 09-26-2021, 05:07 PM
Nobility

With Princess Irene of Holland's daughter, with Lady Gabriella Windsor and with these two Liechtenstein princesses, I see tall, junior princesses, in their thirties or even their late thirties, marrying nonentities where the groom has either a good job or has some inherited corporate money. So, I don't see any fairty tale at all. I see sadness and I hope the people are as happpy as they look in the wedding photographs.
Old 09-26-2021, 06:09 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnolia471 View Post
Even from the guest list you can tell that Marie Astrid is much closer to the Luxemburg circles. There were like 5 people from Liechtenstein family, in total. Not all the Hans Adam childen were there and no grandchildren. [...]
Perhaps it is because she was raised in Belgium, which borders on Luxembourg and is further from Liechtenstein?

I wonder how she will be styled after marriage.
Old 09-26-2021, 06:58 PM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

I suppose that it helps that the Luxembourg cousins are more or less her own age while most of the Liechtensteins are significantly older, which can make a difference when growing up. Pss Norberta and her daughter were also there so that makes at least 7. Nice that the Fürst made the effort, so shortly after his wife's death.

The Grand Duchess missing two weddings in a row perhaps also makes a statement, though there may be a perfectly good explanation for it of course. A surprise not to see Guillaume and Sybilla, as they seem to enjoy attending family/royal events.
Old 09-26-2021, 09:48 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan D View Post
With Princess Irene of Holland's daughter, with Lady Gabriella Windsor and with these two Liechtenstein princesses, I see tall, junior princesses, in their thirties or even their late thirties, marrying nonentities where the groom has either a good job or has some inherited corporate money. So, I don't see any fairty tale at all. I see sadness and I hope the people are as happpy as they look in the wedding photographs.
Why do you see sadness? Curious...?

"If your dreams don't scare you, they are not big enough" Sir Sidney Poitier
1927-2022
Old 09-27-2021, 01:03 AM
Serene Highness

All marriages are hard work!!! No fairy tale at all!!!
Well with sadness no marriage at all will work.
Old 09-27-2021, 03:03 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Who doesn't want to marry a well-off person, tho? This people attend private schools, private universities and the same exclusive circles. So they will end up with people from that environment.
Actually Astrid husband was a surprise for me, to be honest. Most of this people still marry between aristocrats.
Old 09-27-2021, 03:25 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frelinghighness View Post
Beautiful church, beautiful wedding and guests except Marie Astrid of Belgium, the brides aunt, wearing the worst dress ever. By contrast, mother of the bride wins the prize with her lovely appearance. I can’t get over the bridal gown and how unflattering it was. First of all, it didn’t fit, it was too long and not fitted around the waist. Then, the very wide v neck on such a bony chest couldn’t be less appealing. She seemed to be just swimming in the dress and literally dragging the too long and obviously heavy train behind her. Her tiara and earrings helped.
Who was one of the adult bridesmaids in a gorgeous,gold mini pleated v neck dress with black shoes and top knot?
I actually found M-A's gown very regal ...but the bad fit above the waist ruined it. I think small breasted women should avoid decolletage and v-necks in general.

The train of her gown was too heavy and a bit over the top, but I think the Kinsky Tiara is gorgeous. I love it.

"If your dreams don't scare you, they are not big enough" Sir Sidney Poitier
1927-2022
Old 09-27-2021, 03:27 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Like you're assuming marrying people with good financial background means they married for the money and there must be no true love and full of sadness.

I hope it's my misinterpretation.
Old 09-27-2021, 03:34 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marengo View Post
I suppose that it helps that the Luxembourg cousins are more or less her own age while most of the Liechtensteins are significantly older, which can make a difference when growing up. Pss Norberta and her daughter was also there so that makes at least 7. Nice that the Fürst made the effort, so shortly after his wife's death.

And then her Liechtenstein Grandparents died when she and her siblings were quiet young. And with her Luxembourg grandparents there always quiet big Family gatherings in Summer in their french holiday home.

Old 09-27-2021, 04:05 AM
Nobility

Quote:
I suppose that it helps that the Luxembourg cousins are more or less her own age while most of the Leichtensteins are significantly older, which can make a difference when growing up. Pss Norberta and her daughter were also there, so that makes at least 7. Nice that the Fürst made the effort, so shortly after his wife's death.

The Grand Duchess missing two weddings in a row perhaps also makes a statement, though there may be a perfectly good explanation for it, of course. A surprise not to see Guillaume and Sibilla, as they seem to enjoy attending family/royal events.
In 2015, the royal court explained that "the Grand Duchess suffers from an acute fear of flying, also known as aviophobia, which she has been unable to overcome."

Going off to Austria or Italy for a weekend would make for a long drive or train ride. That said, I don't understand how she travels the long distance to Cabasson or Biarritz.
Old 09-27-2021, 05:06 AM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindy View Post
In 2015, the royal court explained that "the Grand Duchess suffers from an acute fear of flying, also known as aviophobia, which she has been unable to overcome."

Going off to Austria or Italy for a weekend would make for a long drive or train ride. That said, I don't understand how she travels the long distance to Cabasson or Biarritz.
Thanks for that! I had forgotten all about it.

I suppose the south of France can be reached rather easily [Edit: from Luxembourg] by car. Biarrtiz is an 11 hour drive. Vienna is a 10 hour one.
Old 09-27-2021, 05:12 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Thanks for that! I had forgotten all about it.

I suppose the south of France can be reached rather easily by car. Biarrtiz is an 11 hour drive. Vienna is a 10 hour one.

From Liechtenstein to Vienna its about 6 hours
Old 09-27-2021, 07:22 AM
Majesty

Dresscode for the Wedding :
Ladies long Dresses and no Hat.
For Men : Only the Groom and the Bride's Father wore a "jaquette". I think furst Hans Adam of Liechtenstein who is in mourning prefered not to wear this but a black Suit and black tie .
Therefore Men has to wear "tenue de ville"
Sorry for the french words !
Old 09-27-2021, 09:49 AM
Heir Apparent

This wedding to me was unusual.

It is nice and warm in Italy and the ladies looked more dressed for a summer party than a royal wedding.

The church is beautiful and lovely as it is near the sea.

I felt that last month's wedding was more regal and formal than this one.
Old 09-27-2021, 02:13 PM
Majesty

The story of the Kisnky tiara worn by Princess Marie-Astrid of Liechtenstein at her wedding.
https://www.hola.com/realeza/casa_li...iara-kinsky/1/