Commoner

Kinsky Honeysuckle Tiara

https://www.katiecallahanandco.com/2...ysuckle-tiara/

Old 09-25-2021, 08:43 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by maria-olivia View Post
The Kinsky tiara
A fabulous tiara and one that makes a beautiful choice for a royal bride.

Old 09-25-2021, 11:51 PM
Commoner

I don't really think it was a good choice.

That tiara was commissioned by Kinsky family and brought by Hans Adam for Princess Marie of Liechtenstein in the 80s. Astrid has no blood connection to Kinsky family or Princess Marie. So doesn't really mean anything significant to her.

Princely family of Liechtenstein got only two tiaras, (and Alois and Sophie's daughter and daughters in law will be using the same as they don't have any other choice if they don'tcome from other royal households) but Astrid is also a member of Luxemburg royal family that owns more than 10 tiaras.

Why Marie Theresa didn't borrow one of her tiaras to her niece-in-law? So we can see the Luxemburg pieces on other family members beside her.

It's like the forth wedding that I see with that same tiara, not original at all! I was aspecting a nice piece from Luxemburg!
Old 09-26-2021, 12:00 AM
Courtier

I don't mind the honeysuckle tiara (just not the placement of the veil, but that's another story). It's from the Liechtenstein family, the bride is a Liechtenstein princess, and the tiara hasn't had an outing for a while.

Plus, personally I don't really crave to see the Luxembourg tiaras. They are worn regularly by members at gala events, and very often on loan to people outside the immediate family.

I think Anunciata's decision to wear one of each on different wedding events was a great choice.
Old 09-26-2021, 12:46 AM
Serene Highness

The owner (Liechtenstein family or Hans Adam or Marie's kids) approved it, then there is no such thing called "the bad/wrong choice". And it's hard to be "original" unless they purchase a new tiara/use something never used before like another bride Charlotte. TBH I would rather see the bride wear a proper tiara then the bracelet/necklace-tiara from Luxembourg.
Old 09-26-2021, 04:50 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnolia471 View Post
I don't really think it was a good choice.

That tiara was commissioned by Kinsky family and brought by Hans Adam for Princess Marie of Liechtenstein in the 80s. Astrid has no blood connection to Kinsky family or Princess Marie. So doesn't really mean anything significant to her.

Princely family of Liechtenstein got only two tiaras, (and Alois and Sophie's daughter and daughters in law will be using the same as they don't have any other choice if they don'tcome from other royal households) but Astrid is also a member of Luxemburg royal family that owns more than 10 tiaras.

Why Marie Theresa didn't borrow one of her tiaras to her niece-in-law? So we can see the Luxemburg pieces on other family members beside her.

It's like the forth wedding that I see with that same tiara, not original at all! I was aspecting a nice piece from Luxemburg!

Perhaps the bride wanted to point out that she is a Princess of Liechtenstein and not a Princess of Luxemburg.And there is not much choice. And perhaps she wanted to wear a different one then her sister as their marriages were so close to each other.

It could also be seen as a way to honor Fürstin Marie who btw. has only been pictured wearing the tiara at one occasion.

Old 09-26-2021, 05:23 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by W.Y.CII View Post
The owner (Liechtenstein family or Hans Adam or Marie's kids) approved it, then there is no such thing called "the bad/wrong choice". And it's hard to be "original" unless they purchase a new tiara/use something never used before like another bride Charlotte. TBH I would rather see the bride wear a proper tiara then the bracelet/necklace-tiara from Luxembourg.
I assume that the late Princess Marie also approved it. She only passed away a few weeks ago, the wedding has been delayed by the pandemic and the engagement period was about 18 months. Plenty of time to discuss the wedding tiara with the whole family.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
Perhaps the bride wanted to point out that she is a Princess of Liechtenstein and not a Princess of Luxemburg.And there is not much choice. And perhaps she wanted to wear a different one then her sister as their marriages were so close to each other.

It could also be seen as a way to honor Fürstin Marie who btw. has only been pictured wearing the tiara at one occasion.
I agree that Princess Marie Astrid probably wanted a distinctly different wedding from her sister. The two wedding gowns were completely different, she even chose another country for her wedding. So this was the only other Liechtenstein tiara choice.

On the other hand I find it not that attractive that she chose a tiara that non of her ancestors have worn. It feels a bit like she had to make do with the leftovers.
Old 09-26-2021, 06:40 AM
Majesty

Grand Duke Henri had the Inauguration of the Stade of Luxembourg the same day.
I don't think the Grand Duchess came alone but the Prince of Liechtenstein was there what is great for his Brother and his Niece. As Princess of Liechtenstein she prefers to were her tiara.
For the Weddings of the 4 Children of Archduchess Marie Astrid 3 brides wore rhe small Luxemburger flower tiara and the youngest the Adelaide tiara because there was no Habsburg tiara.
Old 09-26-2021, 07:23 AM
Majesty

More photos from the wedding:
https://www.hola.com/realeza/casa_li...tenstein-boda/
Old 09-26-2021, 08:29 AM
Commoner

A Daily Mail article with more pictures:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dai...ony-Italy.html
Old 09-26-2021, 08:55 AM
Administrator

Here's a great large gallery of the wedding:

** tt.se gallery **
Old 09-26-2021, 08:56 AM
Heir Apparent

I think the bride looked quite elegant, except for her smile.
It looked unnatural, more like a grimace.
Old 09-26-2021, 09:37 AM
Imperial Majesty

Official Pictures

https://stock.rtl.lu/rtl/1260/rtl.lu...2771c0c3f8.jpg
https://stock.rtl.lu/rtl/1260/rtl.lu...f13191d8ba.jpg

Two more gallerys

https://www.rtl.lu/fotoen/35497.html

https://www.rexfeatures.com/livefeed...on,_orbetello?
Old 09-26-2021, 09:55 AM
Heir Apparent

Does anyone have a theory on the couple's reasons for choosing Italy for their religious wedding?
Old 09-26-2021, 09:56 AM
Super Moderator

Another Gallery: https://www.newscom.com/editorial-im...=worthington#3

So this time all Liechtenstein uncles and auntes where there but 2 Luxembourg uncles not

Old 09-26-2021, 10:01 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
Another Gallery: https://www.newscom.com/editorial-im...=worthington#3

So this time all Liechtenstein uncles and auntes where there but 2 Luxembourg uncles not
I spotted Prince Lorenz,the Archduke of Austria Este and the Hereditary Grand Duke and Duchess of Luxembourg in the photos but not a great turn out from the Luxembourg side.
Old 09-26-2021, 10:05 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by An Ard Ri View Post
I spotted Prince Lorenz,the Archduke of Austria Este and the Hereditary Grand Duke and Duchess of Luxembourg in the photos but not a great turn out from the Luxembourg side.

the Grand Duke had an official Event yesterday evening, but i have also seen no pics of Prince Guillaume and Princess Sibilla, and i thik if they had attended they would be in the official Group pic. But all children of the Grand Duke attended with partners

Old 09-26-2021, 10:18 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by An Ard Ri View Post
So far I've seen photos of
  • Guillaume & Stephanie, Felix, Alexandra, Louis & Lauren from Luxembourg
  • Marie-Astrid & Carl-Christian, Gabriella & Henri & their baby from Austria;
  • Lorenz, Amedeo & Lili & Anna-Astrid (as flower girl I think?), Laura (bridesmaid), Luisa, Laetitia, Joachim from Belgium

(hopefully I got their names right... it gets confusing when these few families get together)
Old 09-26-2021, 10:20 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by carina_a View Post
  • Lorenz, Amedeo & Lili & Anna-Astrid (as flower girl I think?), Laura (bridesmaid), Luisa, Laetitia, Joachim from Belgium
Hopefully more photo will be released with the Belgian and Grand Ducal cousins.
Old 09-26-2021, 10:23 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by carina_a View Post

Have also seen pic of Jean and Diane and Marie-Gabrielle and husband