Princess Maria Laura of Belgium and William Isvy: 10 Sept 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I assume there will be a family photo with accompanying names that will clear everything up.

Kudos to the bride for wearing an updo to showcase that beautiful tiara and veil. I love her dress although it seems a bit summery for September.

JMHO -- the only person who could pull of Astrid's outfit is Maxima. I'll leave it at that!

It seems Princess Astrid is very enthusiastic ;).

Maria Laura looks lovely. It is a great design and the veil of Q. Paola is always wonderful on any bride. I like it that she went for the Aosta tiara, which is now very much associated with her mother as well.

Nice to see Prince Oscar and Princess Joséphine there as well.
-
Are there any photos of the guests other than ther Belgian RF? I don't think we have seen anybody from Luxembourg yet.

I hope they didn't plan to have the wedding reception in the garden as it appears to be raining a lot.

Last edited:
Kudos to the bride for wearing an updo to showcase that beautiful tiara and veil. I love her dress although it seems a bit summery for September.

JMHO -- the only person who could pull of Astrid's outfit is Maxima. I'll leave it at that!

Since it's been so very hot across much of Europe this summer maybe ML felt it best to wear a summery dress. Early September is still considered late summer.

She has a nice figure and her dress was very flattering. I loved everything about her look....hair, Savoy Aosta Tiara, veil and especially the gown.

The sumptuous train was necessary to fill the space in the Cathedral.

Last edited:
The groom's parents

Yes, there were fotos of William and his mother, but not of his father. The picture I was talking about, I assumed it might be William's father, but the young lady with the hat cannot be his mother, too young

Doesn't he have a sister as well? Maybe it was her in the photo with Wiliam's father and Pss Astrid.

Yes, there were fotos of William and his mother, but not of his father. The picture I was talking about, I assumed it might be William's father, but the young lady with the hat cannot be his mother, too young

Unless she looks way younger than she is ;), but I think it unlikely indeed.

Doesn't he have a sister as well? Maybe it was her in the photo with Wiliam's father and Pss Astrid.

That would be more likely, his sister.

This picture shows his parents. The lady in the pinkish dress is his mother.

Has Joachim's girlfriend been spotted? She clearly isn't in the official pictures, but I wonder if she might have entered separately or whether they've split up.

Last edited by a moderator:
Has Joachim's girlfriend been spotted? She clearly isn't in the official pictures, but I wonder if she might have entered separately or whether they've split up.

I've heart that he broke up with her. She didnt post him on her IG for over an year.

She also did not join him for the weddings of his Liechtenstein cousins last year.

Ok, so it seems they are indeed no longer a couple. I wonder whether the Covid saga was part of this or that the relationship had run its course otherwise as well.

Perhaps it's in style with Vivienne Westwood's signature, but I find the official wedding photos dreadful (scroll to end of page):
https://www.pointdevue.fr/royal/belgique/la-princesse-maria-laura-de-belgique-a-epouse-william-isvy

I agree. In the first Amedeo's face isn't fully visible and the groom's grin is also rather unnatural.

In the second it seems as if people were just told to stand together and nobody paid attention to composition (but Paola did pay attention to the page boys and flower girls - who were strangely all on one side) instead of the photographer.

So, from the wider (non-Belgian) family, we've at least seen:
- Felix and Claire of Luxembourg
- Louis of Luxembourg
- Guillaume and Sibilla of Luxembourg
- Nikolaos and Margretha of Liechtenstein
- Maria Annunciata of Liechtenstein and Emanuele Musini
- Marie Astrid of Liechtenstein and Ralph Worthington
- Jean-Christoph and Olympia Napoleon

There were a few others that I seem to have seen before but couldn't immediately pinpoint.

Last edited by a moderator:
Was there ever any mention of the wedding music, in the end, or will that not be detailed?

I'm disappointed.
I dislike both her dresses. For me Maria Laura comes off as a simpleton (nothing wrong with that) so the Gucci dress and Vivienne Westwood seem completely out of character for her.

There was nothing unique or original about her dress. The lace and veil were absolutely stunning. However, I have seen Helena Bonham Carter wear that same style of dress for years now. Where was Vivienne's originality?

Also the official pictures? Surely they could have borrowed a more beautiful and picturesque room than this horrible Pepto Bismol pink room with a horrible brown carpet!

Last edited:
The bride is not a classic beauty, but today Maria-Laura looked quite good. I´m happy for her she still got this handsome husband. Good luck to them both!

RTL Place Royale Twitter has the official pictures in big format:
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FcUe-4mXgAUt9oO?format=jpg&name=large
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FcUe-4lXkAMqqro?format=jpg&name=large
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FcUe-4rXkAEeTvM?format=jpg&name=large
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FcUe-4kXwAE0Csf?format=jpg&name=large

I understand an entire group picture, a parents and siblings picture and two separate family pictures. William has entered the Habsburg Austria-Este family and Maria Laura has entered the Isvy family.
I miss a picture with just the two of them but perhaps that wouldn't be much either.

I was wondering where the gown reminded me of...In The Bold and the Beautiful in 1998, Brooke wore a similar wedding dress to marry Ridge (https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/thehouseofbridge/images/7/78/JPIBrookeRidgeorangeflowers.jpg).

I had not expected much, but still it's a letdown.

Last edited:
Im let down. I had huge expectations on the wavelength of Prince Amedeo’s wedding.
The bride’s dress was ill-fitting,the train totally senseless, visibly detached from the dress (which screams bit pretentious). The tiara has a weird outline, as already said. The photographer really didn’t do a good job either. Most photos are meh, the setting is weird as well (brown, pink, wood??). Some important guests have their eyes closed.
I’m pretty much speechless. Had good expectations but Jesus.
But they veil is stunning, and they look happy. That’s the most important thing.

Last edited:
I am surprised neither Archduchess M. Astrid or any of her children were there. Perhaps the photographers missed them.

In the photo galleries I could recognise ADss M. Anna, Pss Galitzine and one of her daughters, Archduke Karl Peter and ADssAnna Gabriela with her daughter Catherina. Outside the church you can also see Pss. Alix de Ligne, now Countess Dampierre and her husband.

I'm disappointed.
I dislike both her dresses. For me Maria Laura comes off as a simpleton (nothing wrong with that) so the Gucci dress and Vivienne Westwood seem completely out of character for her.

There was nothing unique or original about her dress. The lace and veil were absolutely stunning. However, I have seen Helena Bonham Carter wear that same style of dress for years now. Where was Vivienne's originality?

Also the official pictures? Surely they could have borrowed a more beautiful and picturesque room than this horrible Pepto Bismol pink room with a horrible brown carpet!

A "simpleton"?! Have you read anything at all of this young woman's background and accomplishments? She is fluent in Mandarin Chinese for starters. Intellectually speaking, among her peers in Royal Europe she is second to none.

You can of course dislike her wedding style but the fact is that she is brilliant.

Maybe I misunderstood the context for the "simpleton" description.

Last edited:
A "simpleton"?! Have you read anything at all of this young woman's background and accomplishments? She is fluent in Mandarin Chinese for starters. Intellectually speaking among her peers in Royal Europe she is second to none.

You can of course dislike her wedding style but the fact is that she is brilliant.

Maybe I misunderstood the context for the "simpleton" description.

The statement 'second to none' is quite absolute. I recall princess Claire earning her PhD. Prince Constantijn completed his MBA at one of the best business schools in Europe and had one of the most senior positions at the European Union. Prince Jaime and princess Carolina had senior positions at a young age at the UN and/or diplomatic service - which is a highly selective process (even if you are a royal highness). Friso studied at Berkely and earned a degree in aviation technology (known as one of the most difficult engineering degrees) and made probably the best investments of any European prince - because of which his widow is one of the richest people in the Netherlands... (Just to name a few that I am more familiar with in terms of their educational background). Others have also undertaken multiple degrees at various high-ranked institutions and are fluent in various languages (for example the hereditary grand duchess studied in Belgium, Russia and Germany and is fluent (on an academic level) in multiple languages). So, yes, she is definitely among the group of intellectual royals but I am not sure that she is the most brilliant of them all.

Last edited:
:previous: Please review my remarks. I did not state or imply that ML is the most brilliant of her peers.

I said that she is SECOND TO NONE of them.

She is in a very select group of brainy accomplished young Royals and as far from a simpleton as can be imagined.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom