Princess Maria Laura of Belgium and William Isvy: 10 Sept 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I’m sure it will include lots of royals and nobles that the bride has personal relations, friendships and connections to. It won’t just be the Belgian royals and the Habsburgs, but probably some Savoy-Aosta’s, Orléans, etc.

Will be a fine Royal/Imperial gathering

Belgian RF
Luxembourg
Austria-Este
Savoy-Aosta
Orléans

It is nice that Princess Maria Laura and William are having their civil wedding at the City Hall like her parents had theirs at the City Hall.

All the Royal Civil Weddings are at the City Hall , except for King Baudouin and Fabiola at the Salle du Trone of the Brussels Royal Palace.

All the Royal Civil Weddings are at the City Hall , except for King Baudouin and Fabiola at the Salle du Trone of the Brussels Royal Palace.
King Albert and Queen Paola also had their civil marriage at the Royal Palace. However not at the Throne Room but another one.

Last edited:
Saturday will be a showery day in Brussels at and temperature of 18/19c forecast.

Something old...something borrowed....

:previous:

And is she going to borrow her great-great-grandmother's veil from her grandmother Queen Paola?

We await it in suspense and will see it Saturday the tenth.??

Will Princess Maria Laura wear a tiara?

:previous:

And is she going to borrow her great-great-grandmother's veil from her grandmother Queen Paola?

We await it in suspense and will see it Saturday the tenth.??

Imagine if she appears without a tiara like her mother (and, although far-fetched, Princess Charlène) and without a veil (like Princess Eugenie). I can't imagine the disappointment....
Only two days now...

Last edited:
Well Laura Mosselman du Chenoy married in 1877. So the veil is certainly almost a century and a half old.:ermm:

Difficult, but it is the first granddaughter to get married! :flowers:

Last edited:
Laura Mosselman du Chenoy ordered her Veil in Brussel's lace in 1877 when she married Fulco Ruffo di Calabria. Her Daughter in law Graziella di Rossano wore it on her Wedding Day. IT was worn late by Paola , Astrid , Mathilde Claire and Elisabetta.
Since 2011 it is Queen Paola heirloom The Veil has been restaurated twice in 1984 and 1999.
Never Laura thought the Belgian Royals will wear her Veil later.....

I think we can be quite sure of the veil.
Wasn’t Maria Laura named after this Laura?

Imagine if she appears without a tiara like her mother (and, although far-fetched, Princess Charlène) and without a veil (like Princess Eugenie). I can't imagine the disappointment....
Only two days now...

Granny Paola also did not wear a tiara

Giving worrying news concerning her grandmother's condition, I now doubt Princess Beatrice of York will attend the wedding.

No one from the groom's family?:sad:

Maybe Aurora and Eulalia Peters are nieces of William? I think I read somewhere that he has a sister, so if she is married and has children, they most likely won't be called Isvy.

Is Alvaro de Orleans Bourbon a son of Andrés de Orléans-Borbón y San Martino d'Agliè? The latter is a grandson of Queen Paola's sister M. Cristina. He lives/lived in London and married a Belgian lady, but I am not sure if they have a son.

I think Maria Laura is going to wear a tiara. It's tradition. And her sister-in-law Elisabetta also wore a tiara at her wedding.

What tiara did Elisabetta wear on her wedding day?

To me the family Veil and flowers such as Paola and Astrid. She will be a bride not a Princess wearing a tiara for the first and the last time.

Laura Mosselman du Chenoy ordered her Veil in Brussel's lace in 1877 when she married Fulco Ruffo di Calabria. Her Daughter in law Graziella di Rossano wore it on her Wedding Day. IT was worn late by Paola , Astrid , Mathilde Claire and Elisabetta.
Since 2011 it is Queen Paola heirloom The Veil has been restaurated twice in 1984 and 1999.
Never Laura thought the Belgian Royals will wear her Veil later.....
Is it through Laura Mosselman that Queen Paola is descended from the Marquis de Lafayette?

Giving that Nordic heads of State (King Harald V of Norway, King Carl XVI Gustaf of Sweden, President Sauli Niinistö of Finland, President Guðni Jóhannesson of Iceland with their respective spouses) are invited to Queen Margrethe's Golden Jubilee, does that mean that their children are also invited and no one of them is going to take part in Maria-Laura's wedding?

I have in mind of course Kings' children - children of Presidents are private persons and not obliged to participate in such occasions.

Princess Maria Laura, Archduchess of Austria-Este is the niece of the king and 9th in the line of succession so I don't expect Heads of State or their children to be their friendly or closely related.

As for Heads of State - I knew no one of them would come, I meant Princes and Princesses.

But Victoria and Haakon may be with aunt Margrethe, and Madeleine is already in the States.

I am not sure if they were ever expected to come. I imagine the guest list of her brother Amedeo will be more in line with what we can expect for Pss M. Laura.

Back
Top Bottom