Princess Maria Anunciata of Liechtenstein and Emanuele Musini: 26 June/ 4 Sep. 2021

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thank you for the pictures a one of the best Royal Wedding since a while.
Indeed for Luxembourg the whole family did attend and not the Grand Duchess .
Princess Isabelle of Liechtenstein in yelow with big capeline one week after the Funerals of her Sister in law is too much !

Wow, a second tiara! And one of the biggies from the GD collection. I had thought that the vine leaves tiara was reserved for the grand duchess and the weddings of their children (though Tessy wore it for her 10th wedding anniversary pictures). I guess, I need to re-think.:lol:
Were there tiaras worn by the guests as well?
Maria Anunciata wore the tiara like a headband with open heir, which creates a pretty relaxed party look. But I kind of prefer the more formal gala look with an elegant up-do and a more upright tiara.

No. the Stephansdom is much bigger. It is the Schottenkirche

The Scots Church which was a Benedictine house served by Scottish and Irish monks/priests.

I wonder if it has any association with the Princely House?

A pic of the bridal Couple for the Evening Gala. For it the Princess wore the Viney leafe tiara from the Grand Ducal Collection.

How nice to acknowledge both the Princely House of Liechtenstein and the Grand-Ducal House of Luxembourg. (Although Maria Anunciata is not a Princess of Luxembourg or Nassau, under the house laws in Luxembourg, she is a member of the Grand-Ducal Family of Luxembourg through her mother.)

The Scots Church which was a Benedictine house served by Scottish and Irish monks/priests.

I wonder if it has any association with the Princely House?
Her grandfather Fürst Franz Josef went to school at the Schottengymnasium which belongs to the Schottenkloster

Wow, a second tiara! And one of the biggies from the GD collection. I had thought that the vine leaves tiara was reserved for the grand duchess and the weddings of their children (though Tessy wore it for her 10th wedding anniversary pictures). I guess, I need to re-think.:lol:
Were there tiaras worn by the guests as well?

Nop the guests wore no tiaras. I found it quiet nice that she used tiaras from both Family collections.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is a lovely wedding. My favorite picture is the one where Emanuele smiles and stares at Maria Anunciata holding a microphone. He looks genuinely in love with her.

Interesting that Prince Hassan and Princess Sarvath attended but not Grand Duchess Maria Teresa. I have to say that Princess Sarvath looks good with white hair.

I also liked that Princess Maria Annunciata wore tiaras from both families.
Too bad we don't have photos of Princess Alexandra of Luxembourg (only the one where she's signing the book).

I did not see Prince Louis nor his Fiancé.
Who were the foreign Royals ?

Last edited:
So sad that not that many members of Liechtenstein family attended, when some of them even live in Vienna.

Do we know Astrid' s wedding date with Worthington?

Did Imre and Kathleen Habsburg attend?

Any close up of Josef and Maria-Claudia?

Marie-Christine and Rudolf Limburg-Stirum are a beautiful couple!

Last edited by a moderator:
Mourning.
Archduke Lorenz lost his Brother in law Count Riprand whose Funerals were the day before was with his daughter Luisa (1995) and not laetitia (born in 2003) He forgot to wear his golden fleece Order
Princess Isabelle of Liechtenstein whose Sister in Law Funerals were last week was completely overdressed with the biggest yellow capeline.

Last edited:
So sad that not that many members of Liechtenstein family attended, when some of them even live in Vienna.

The family is officially still in mourning for Princess Marie, buried a week to the day of the wedding.

Actually her uncle and aunt with Families attended only not the descendants of Fürstin Marie who died only 2 weeks before. And i think it is quiet understandable that they didn't attend

I am sympathetic about Princess Isabelle of Liechtenstein wearing a gaudy gown because the posh clothes are SO expensive that she may not have had anything more suitable for a post-requiem time.
Also, about GD Maria Teresa, she may be ill and I hope she is NOT ill.

Actually her uncle and aunt with Families attended only not the descendants of Fürstin Marie who died only 2 weeks before. And i think it is quiet understandable that they didn't attend

How long does the mourning period generally last? Do you think someone will be there for Astrid's wedding in Rome?

The have Princess Margaretha as Grand Duchess Maria Teresa.
They also lists Princess Mafalda of Hesse as Princess Mafalda of Savoy. But being the Daily Mail I'm not surprised at all.

They also lists Princess Mafalda of Hesse as Princess Mafalda of Savoy. But being the Daily Mail I'm not surprised at all.

And they say the bride's brother is an "illegible bachelor". Haha, we haven't seen his handwriting and he's there with his fiancée...

How long does the mourning period generally last? Do you think someone will be there for Astrid's wedding in Rome?

The official State mourning ended after the funeral, But that doesn't mean that is not some sort of Family mourning. I think one has to wait and see if someone of the direct Family attends the wedding of Princess Marie Astrid.

To me as conclusion it was a great wedding I never expect from Princess Margaretha , her Sister Marie Astrid married her Children with a certain low Key.
But the Pictures of the Weddding were badly transmitted and huge mistakes such as the attendance of the Grand Duchess of luxembourg.
By the way not a lot of Senior Royals were there ?
The King and the Queen of the Belgians would not attend. They said the only family Event they had to cancel was the Funeral of their Uncle Henri .

To me as conclusion it was a great wedding I never expect from Princess Margaretha , her Sister Marie Astrid married her Children with a certain low Key.
But the Pictures of the Weddding were badly transmitted and huge mistakes such as the attendance of the Grand Duchess of luxembourg.
By the way not a lot of Senior Royals were there ?
The King and the Queen of the Belgians would not attend. They said the only family Event they had to cancel was the Funeral of their Uncle Henri .

Were the senior Belgian royals in attendance at the weddings of Princess Anunciata's cousins by her aunt Marie-Astrid or her uncle Jean?

AFAIK, they are going to marry in 13 days in Rome.

Wasn't it reported that they have already been civilly married and the wedding in Rome is to be the religious ceremony?

Were the senior Belgian royals in attendance at the weddings of Princess Anunciata's cousins by her aunt Marie-Astrid or her uncle Jean?

Archduchess Marie Christine's 2008 wedding to Count Rodolphe de Limburg-Stirum was attended by Queen Fabiola, the duke of Brabant, Pss Astrid, Pss Maria-Laura. Pss Claire and her daughter Louise attended the reception. The wedding was held in Mechelen/Malines, which is a 30 minutes drive from Laeken/Stuyvenberg.

Last edited:
Wasn't it reported that they have already been civilly married and the wedding in Rome is to be the religious ceremony?

I don't remember such a report.

Back
Top Bottom