The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Weddings
Click Here to Login

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 09-14-2021, 04:57 AM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

When did this trend of multiple wedding dresses start? I remember the Duchess of Cambridge did the same, as did Madeleine of Sweden. But I can't remember royal brides swapping dresses before that. I suppose it is more practical for the wedding party, but it is a pity that everybody gets to see the real wedding dress only for a few hours.

Old 09-14-2021, 05:15 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marengo View Post
When did this trend of multiple wedding dresses start? I remember the Duchess of Cambridge did the same, as did Madeleine of Sweden. But I can't remember royal brides swapping dresses before that. I suppose it is more practical for the wedding party, but it is a pity that everybody gets to see the real wedding dress only for a few hours.

But then it is also since a few years that an evening reception takes place at the actual Wedding Day. Often it used to be the case that there was a Gala 1 or 2 Days before the Wedding and then at the Wedding Day there was an reception after the Ceremony and after it the bridal Couple left for their hooneymoon. Of course except for afternoon Weddings.

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search